Brandon Wright? Tyler Smith?

nasty fro bro 20

I'm not recommending it ( and definitly not hoping it ) but do you guys think Brandan would be helped out by going to  Oak Hill next year, especially if he plans to enter the '06 draft?

( note: I have no idea if he's even considered it, I'm just throwing the ? out )

825574750[/snapback]

The main reasons some top seniors choose to go to an Oak Hill is for better coaching, better competition, and increased exposure. I think his current coaching is first rate, and he has as much exposure as anyone around the country (especially if BA steps up their schedule again next year, which I hear they are). Better competition every game would certainly occur to some degree at Oak Hill, but I'm not sure it's worth that drastic of a change just to get that aspect. BA has a chance to be a top 25 national team next year, and I think Brandan would enjoy that.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not recommending it ( and definitly not hoping it ) but do you guys think Brandan would be helped out by going to  Oak Hill next year, especially if he plans to enter the '06 draft?

( note: I have no idea if he's even considered it, I'm just throwing the ? out )

825574750[/snapback]

Brandan is a great student, as well. There is nothing that Oak Hill offers that he really needs. Also, if you ever talk to him, you will find that he LOVES Brentwood Academy, his teammates and friends way too much to leave.

Brandon Wright is a Chris Bosh clone with more length and similar athleticism. Not many players possess an 8' foot wingspan let alone the skill package, timing, and shot blocking prowess of a Brandon Wright. He's also left handed which makes him difficult to defend and he puts the ball on the floor. He could run the floor with the likes of Garnett and Stoudamire and not look like a total slouch. If he plays in college he'll dominate. If he goes pro he'll do well and could be one of the better shot blockers to enter the league in 10 years.

Edited by realdeal02

Brandan Wright would probably improve as much or more by being on an NBA bench for a year or so as being in college for two -- NBA weight programs are generally better, and while he wouldn't be playing a ton his first year, he'd get a lot of practice time against players much, much better than he'd ever see in college, and that would make him get better really quick too.

Bottom line is this...if the kid's going to go top-10, he should go. He'd be able to buy a small college with his rookie contract and shoe deal...paying to go to school in the summers or once he retires would be no problem.

Brandan Wright would probably improve as much or more by being on an NBA bench for a year or so as being in college for two -- NBA weight programs are generally better, and while he wouldn't be playing a ton his first year, he'd get a lot of practice time against players much, much better than he'd ever see in college, and that would make him get better really quick too.

Bottom line is this...if the kid's going to go top-10, he should go.  He'd be able to buy a small college with his rookie contract and shoe deal...paying to go to school in the summers or once he retires would be no problem.

825576647[/snapback]

Great post

id like to see him go to college for at least 2 years, i mean, he would dominate and be created into a well-known player before the nba, so when he decides to switch he would be making a lot more than if he went straight to the nba from highschool...i just dont think he has what it takes to have lebron/kobe stats his first year, but if he goes to college and gains experience playing against players his own size he will become a more rounded player and enter the nba either starting or coming first off the bench...rather than spending a lot of bench time coming straight out of high school...just what i think.

id like to see him go to college for at least 2 years, i mean, he would dominate and be created into a well-known player before the nba, so when he decides to switch he would be making a lot more than if he went straight to the nba from highschool...i just dont think he has what it takes to have lebron/kobe stats his first year, but if he goes to college and gains experience playing against players his own size he will become a more rounded player and enter the nba either starting or coming first off the bench...rather than spending a lot of bench time coming straight out of high school...just what i think.

825579149[/snapback]

1) Being HS players didn't keep KG, Kobe, T-Mac, Amare, or LeBron from being well-known. Or from being above-average players.

2) How do you get better as a player, in any sport? By playing against better players. If he goes to college, he'll already be one of the very best in the country, he won't improve nearly as fast as if he goes to the NBA, gets more practice time with better coaches, and practices against the very best players in the world.

1) Being HS players didn't keep KG, Kobe, T-Mac, Amare, or LeBron from being well-known.  Or from being above-average players.

2) How do you get better as a player, in any sport?  By playing against better players.  If he goes to college, he'll already be one of the very best in the country, he won't improve nearly as fast as if he goes to the NBA, gets more practice time with better coaches, and practices against the very best players in the world.

825580848[/snapback]

wright is definately a great player, dont get me wrong...but is he at the kg/kobe/lebron level of greatness?? granted, he does have another year, and theres a lot of potential for him to break into a kg type player, but im just saying that right now, he looks like a college player to me, and a top one at that...

and i think that before he plays against players 3 times his size (unless he decides to perform a much-needed bulking up next year) he should play against college players...he has pretty much always been a dominant force...put him against players with the same level of talent, first, before throwing him into a league with talent hes never experienced...and im not saying 4 years at college...give him time to dip his foot in, experience the thrill of college bball before going into the less thrilling nba...the money can wait...personally, i would love to see him playing in the dean dome in a couple years... thumb

and i think that before he plays against players 3 times his size......

Yeah, gotta watch out for those 20 foot 600 lbs. guys running around in the NBA.

825580965[/snapback]

we got a funny guy...that doesnt know when he sees an exageration

i was talking about his thickness by the way, an exaggeration i might add, but does anyone disagree that if he goes without getting a lot stronger that he'll get worked in the nba...thats all im sayin