District 10AAA

TNSports07

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure about dominate but i do know that dickson will be competitive. The have a good ace in Shane Bishop. They also Cody Owens who has the skills but is lacking some of the experince on the bump. They will have a pretty solid line-up with a couple of tough outs such as Shane (yes he can do it all) and a Babe Ruth type hitter in Adam Kimbro (meaning he will crush it or strike out but none the less he gets big hits in big games often CLUTCH). Coach Rye's philosophy is always the same 1) Throw Strikes 2) make routine plays 3) put the ball in play. If you can do two of the three consistently you will win games. i'm out.

Henry County will be doing some rebuilding for the first time in a lot of years. They lost 6 senior starters that were offered scholarships to play beyond HS. Looks like their top players returning will be Sanders, Stutzman and Pratt all Seniors and 4 year starters. Sanders has already signed to play college, Stutzman has offers, not sure about Pratt.

My guess is they will start a couple of sophomore catchers, both good, solid players. Given playing time should develop quickly.

Outfield by committee.

Should have winning record. Another 20 plus win season?

Being a former player of Dickson, i know that no matter how good or bad Henry Co. is they always played us tough and most of the time won when i was there. we beat them my senior year, but before that we were like 0-8 or something close to that including the tournaments and everything. I also hear that Rossview will be pretty good along with Fink and the Wildcats at Clarksville. But no one really knows until the season starts because i predict that DC, Clarksville, and Henry Co. will be pretty close this year.

Dickson county will be a tough team in the district. altough rossview, clarksville, and henry co, will be very good too. this is probably one of the toughest districts in the state this year. whoever wins in district 10aaa will win the region and probably go deep in the state tournament. but, i think that dickson may not have more talent than rossview and clarksville i believe they have better pitching and defensive and they need to get a little more respect. i mean they got picked 5th in the district this year ...what is up with that? they will be at the top of the district .

I hear a lot of good things about Clarksville, but i also heard a lot of the same things about Clarksville and Rossview when i was there. I always heard about the big names like Crass and his crew at Clarksville and then Daniel and Mason at Rossview. They were younger than me but i played against them and that was all we heard about was how good they were and we beat them every time we played them. Pre season ranks are over-rated. I give respect to Fink and Hammeker over there at Clarksville both are very talented. Dickson never gets any respect and they were an out away from the state tourney last year. It is the same with their softball team. No one even knew their name and they were no where to be found pre-season in '02 however they went on to win state. I am not saying that Dickson will win. All I am saying is don't count Dickson out just because of pre-season polls. Look at the Smyrna pre-season jamboree, Overton who pre-season is ranked number one in mid-state however they only beat Creek Wood by one run and Creek Wood is a double AA school. Overton even threw their number one and two guys. I'm out

Edited by shut up and play

I am not sure about dominate but i do know that dickson will be competitive. The have a good ace in Shane Bishop. They also Cody Owens who has the skills but is lacking some of the experince on the bump. They will have a pretty solid line-up with a couple of tough outs such as Shane (yes he can do it all) and a Babe Ruth type hitter in Adam Kimbro (meaning he will crush it or strike out but none the less he gets big hits in big games often CLUTCH). Coach Rye's philosophy is always the same 1) Throw Strikes 2) make routine plays 3) put the ball in play. If you can do two of the three consistently you will win games. i'm out.

825577044[/snapback]

Did Shane Bishop throw vs. Gallatin over the weekend?? If that was not him, then Dickson Co. has two very good pitchers. The player who threw against Gallatin was very good. He also batted 4rth in the line up. I believe he wore #9.

Did Shane Bishop throw vs. Gallatin over the weekend??  If that was not him,  then Dickson Co. has two very good pitchers.  The player who threw against Gallatin was very good.  He also batted 4rth in the line up.  I believe he wore #9.

825591024[/snapback]

Yes that was shane bishop. He shut them down and his curveball wasnt even breaking like it normally does. Hes very good. Dickson will be one of the dominant teams this year.

Dickson is very underrated this year and the othe teams in their district better watcho out. They have good pitchin with Shane Bishop, Cody Owens, Ryan Springer and Clint McCollom and they could possibly have one of the best and fastest outfields in the state. Their hitting isnt there yet but there pitching and defense will carry them. If their hitting comes around then other teams might as well pack it up when dickson comes to town.

Come on now let's not get too cocky there. I am the biggest DCHS baseball fan out there; however, the season hasn't begun yet. Those are big shoes to fill if Dickson has some bad breaks. Although year in and year out, Dickson is always underrated. The other teams had better beware of over looking Dickson because they definitely have a lot of talent and probably the best overall coach any group of kids could ever play for.