Pigeon Forge finishes strong

jgarrison

Good Luck Lady Tigers!  It is your year to represent the county.  You have worked hard to get where you are.  Don't let up now.

825577398[/snapback]

Thanks Janalee,

The Tigers made their first step to the District Title by beating Cumberland Gap tonight. One game at a time girls. Next Claiborne County

Will the Pigeon Forge Guards be able to play with Claiborne's? :D

JanaLee, Brooke is having a great 1st season this year!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he (mrv1) knows what he's talking about.  I find it hard to believe that Kendra didn't make All-District team.  She has made it every year since her freshman year.  I also find it hard to believe that Nora wouldn't make MVP.  Why wouldn't the coaches vote for a player from the #1 team who went undefeated in the district?  I think Bowman is good, but not the best.  Of course, I realize some of the coaches in our district don't like our girls too well.  One coach even told one of her players to "take a girl (Kendra) out" last year...which she did. :(

825576955[/snapback]

First of all, for a coach to instruct another player to do something like that is pathetic. If you can't play with them don't ruin the rest of their season. About (mrv1) I'm pretty sure that's Mr. Vannoy from Cumberland Gap and he probably knows exactly what he's talking about because all of that was already decided last week...or so I was told. ;) On another note, I wouldn't find it surprising if Bowman did get district MVP. I have alot of respect for the players at PF and they are very talented, but in my opinion none of them have played well consistently like Bowman. It doesn't matter if the MVP is on the winning team or not. PF plays as a team. All 5 players contribute pretty evenly on the floor, making hard to see a stand-out. That might be hard for you guys at PF to swallow, but that's how it goes sometimes and it's obviously working out to your advantage so I wouldn't be too upset. :) What's a trophy anyway? ;)

First of all, for a coach to instruct another player to do something like that is pathetic. If you can't play with them don't ruin the rest of their season. About (mrv1) I'm pretty sure that's Mr. Vannoy from Cumberland Gap and he probably knows exactly what he's talking about because all of that was already decided last week...or so I was told.  ;)  On another note, I wouldn't find it surprising if Bowman did get district MVP. I have alot of respect for the players at PF and they are very talented, but in my opinion none of them have played well consistently like Bowman. It doesn't matter if the MVP is on the winning team or not. PF plays as a team. All 5 players contribute pretty evenly on the floor, making hard to see a stand-out. That might be hard for you guys at PF to swallow, but that's how it goes sometimes and it's obviously working out to your advantage so I wouldn't be too upset. ;) What's a trophy anyway? :)

825584690[/snapback]

Yeah, I would rather have a team that contributes equally and win all their games than to have one stand out player. We actually have about 7 players that contribute pretty evenly on the floor, which is to our advantage. If you shut one player down, there will be another to pick up the slack. What bothers me most of all is that none of the coaches thought any player from PF should make "all district." That one, I can't understand. :(

Who did win MVP?  Can somebody post the all district for season and tournament?  Thanks.

825587589[/snapback]

All Tournament:

Pigeon Forge

Shanae Rayfield (MVP)

Kendra Newman

Nora Ramsey

Whitney Dodgen

South Greene

Brooke Waddell

Brittany Waddell

Sara Hobson

Claiborne

Whitney Parkey

Michelle Simmons

Chuckey-Doak

Heather Bowman

The All District team wasn't in the Sentinel or Mtn Press. KevB has the list, but he retired from CoachT... :D Maybe he will post one more time to let us know.

I only know that from Pigeon Forge, Brianna Garrison, Whitney Dodgen & Nora Ramsey made the All District Team with Kendra Newman, Shanae Rayfield & Haley Johnson receiving Honorable Mention (I hope that is right)

I heard through the grapevine that most of the District coaches didn't think any PF players were good enough to be on the All District team.

It amazes me how people will hide behind a screen name a say anything.

You can keep the all district awards, it's all political anyway, just give us the District banner. :D 

:D

825575833[/snapback]

You got that banner alright! Great job the the Lady Tigers, on a night when Nora looked pretty tired. I know I am tired too.

I'm still trying to figure out why only 4 Champion starters make the all-tournament team. In Kentucky all 5 make all-tournament.

If we were short on funds for 1 more plaque, I will be happy to pass the hat and throw in a dollar.

Great job Brianna! Don't let aduld ignorance get you down!

You got that banner alright! Great job the the Lady Tigers, on a night when Nora looked pretty tired. I know I am tired too.

I'm still trying to figure out why only 4 Champion starters make the all-tournament team. In Kentucky all 5 make all-tournament.

If we were short on funds for 1 more plaque, I will be happy to pass the hat and throw in a dollar.

Great job Brianna! Don't let aduld ignorance get you down!

825587719[/snapback]

Thanks for all your support! Brianna truly doesn't mind not making the All Tournament team. She has always been a very unselfish player on the court and just wants to win. She is extremely happy for her teammates...all of them. She didn't play her best this week due to battling that nasty stomach flu all week. I'm trying to get her rested and recovered for next week! :D

I thought the All Tournament team was an excellent choice! thumb