Ooltewah Tournament

VTEC

hey....lets not generalize here.

FARRAGUT doesn't have talk to back up. some people on our TEAM have talk to back up. not me.

i think farragut has as good a chance as anybody does, and that goes for the entire season. we all know that anything can happen at anytime....we all thought cumberland county had a good shot at winning state last year, didnt we?

i wouldnt go off saying that farragut performed poorly at the state tournament last year....i was not disappointed at ALL when we lost 2-1 in 11 innings to a team we'd previously beaten. i love a pitchers duel just as much as kandice does, and i look forward to many in the future.

in the past, farragut has played defensive ball....we simply wouldn't let the other team score, and we'd wait for them to make the first mistake.

i guarantee you this season will be different for all of us. farragut had some great defenders graduate, but others are stepping up....and i guarantee you the hitting will be better. i dont think it could have gotten any worse....

all i'm saying is that you shouldn't bash the entire team for the actions of just one. yes, i believe farragut could win the ooltewah tournament. but so could william blount or soddy daisy or boyd buchanan or GPS or ANYONE playing in the tournament.

anything can happen on any given day.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FARRAGUT doesn't have talk to back up. some people on our TEAM have talk to back up. not me.

i wouldnt go off saying that farragut performed poorly at the state tournament last year....i was not disappointed at ALL when we lost 2-1 in 11 innings to a team we'd previously beaten. i love a pitchers duel just as much as kandice does, and i look forward to many in the future.

825578423[/snapback]

I wasn't meaning that Farragut performed poorly at the State. I was replying to walkingthewalk when she said that the players were not their last year..Their is a lot of teams that would love just to make it to the State. That is an accomplishment in itself . I think their is only 24 teams to make the State in public schools.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One of Bledsoe's parents told me, " That Bledsoe dropped out of the tournament because of ACT Schedule." Some of the players are taking the ACT test in Cookeville, TN. So they had to pull out of the tournament. They are going to the Lookout Valley Tournament because single Est. game will start around 4:30pm est time. Lookout valley Tournament had a team to drop out so Bledsoe took their spot.

One of Bledsoe's parents told me, " That Bledsoe dropped out of the tournament because of ACT Schedule."  Some of the players are taking the ACT test in Cookeville, TN.  So they had to pull out of the tournament.  They are going to the Lookout Valley Tournament because single Est. game will start around 4:30pm est time.  Lookout valley Tournament had a team to drop out so Bledsoe took their spot.

825638851[/snapback]

this is true