Best Juniors in Middle, TN

Idgit

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skelley has worked hard in the off-season and improved ALOT with his control so he should definitely get some credit as a top junior pitcher. They lost a couple important seniors but are looking very strong with a nice junior class. They will most likely be at the top of their division come tournament time.

825587894[/snapback]

Improved his control...well thats no fun. He always use to make me look good making me dive for his 8 foot high fastball and 4 foot outside fastball...but hey people swung at it...a lot. I think he struck out 19 people one game as a freshman. Sadly I didnt get to catch him all the time because well...I was needed at other positions...many other positions.

I agree with two of the chapel hill players....Mikey is by far the best pitcher i faced besides the pitcher from Milan.....Jeremy is the all around deal..i remember when i played with him he has only gotten better!!!!!!!!! adn for the Skelley i never got to see him play....but chapel hill has a good ball team for what i can remember, but Goodpasture really beat up on the marshall county teams last year....but as for the juniors kevin shorey who has worked hard in the off season has gained a lot of speed and has fairly decent control, and who has worked on his swing is improving at the plate as well as behind the plate!!!!!!!! the game between this two teams will be a good one!!!!!!!!!! as for the Page catcher i didnt think his catching skills was that great but i think his hitting skills was fairly good!!!!!!!! and their pitcher Jeremy is a good pitcher and has good control..

825589517[/snapback]

Skelly can rack up the Ks. In his freshman year I dont know if he pitched a game where he didnt get double digit Ks. I agree that his control was nonexistant his freshman year. But he threw enough strikes where you couldnt afford to just stand there and take.

Chason Choate is one of the top pitchers in the state and is only a 16 year old Jr.

Also Riverdale has another Jr. named Pleas wright who is the fastest man alive he has been clocked at 9.9on his 60. On a good day

Really though Choate is a great pitcher and i have been watching him since he wass 3 :o

Anyone have any idea what McGavock has in this class. I heard they have a kid named Wright. I believe he's the son of Mike Wright who was a Vandy standout in the late 70's.

Wright is a great player.

Caleb Cotham of Mt. Juliet is also a tremdous pitcher as well as hitter.

Richie Goodenow has everything going for him, including, or so I've heard, good grades. He is a powerhouse on the mound, a vacuum at 1st base and one of the best DH's around. He has been heavily recruited by both college and pro teams since he was a sophomore. He will definately receive a free ride - probably to the college of his choice - but don't rule out the pro's, he still has another year to shine. I wish my son has such tough choices when he's a junior at Antioch.