Mcmnn Co. or Farragut?

littlecherokee_20

Why does everyone think McMinn will kill Farragut based on the coaches? Coach Earls was benched his entire college years and was a goalie. He doesn't know how to use his most valuable players unless they are forwards (which he has gotten lucky with for the guys anyway). He gives credit to his success on his forwards and never attributes any of his wins to the rest of his team. He knows less about soccer than some of the 6-year-olds that play AYSO.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everyone think McMinn will kill Farragut based on the coaches? Coach Earls was benched his entire college years and was a goalie. He doesn't know how to use his most valuable players unless they are forwards (which he has gotten lucky with for the guys anyway). He gives credit to his success on his forwards and never attributes any of his wins to the rest of his team. He knows less about soccer than some of the 6-year-olds that play AYSO.

825634125[/snapback]

I guess that's why he has a dominating team every year in both girls AND boys soccer. Good Lord, lay off the man!

825634125[/snapback]

I think you need to take another look at what you just said. He was a college soccer player. Even if he did sit out most of his career, he can still say that he was a college soccer player...unlike most of these high school players. Not everyone is capable of playing at the next level, but he was so I guess that does give him a little knowledge about the game and how it should be played.

Edited by Radius

I think you need to take another look at what you just said.  He was a college soccer player.  Even if he did sit out most of his career, he can still say that he was a college soccer player...unlike most of these high school players.  Not everyone is capable of playing at the next level, but he was so I guess that does give him a little knowledge about the game and how it should be played.

825634188[/snapback]

Have you seen some of the girls that go to play for TWC? Some...not all. Holly Hicks. Honestly.

His TEAM is dominating. His teams have been playing together for years before they come to McMinn. It's the team that have the unity. He just sits on the side telling them when they lose that every now and then a blind squirrel finds an accorn.

That's his excuse when a better team beats him.

I think coach Earls is a great coach because his players love him. But do I think he is better than Coach Culbreath from Farragut no way. Farragut has had talent and he has used it to win back to back State Championships. Mcminn has talent that is supposedly better than Farraguts and yet coach Earl hasn't won a State Championship or even ever beaten Farragut, because Coach Culbreath has stood in his way. Don't get me wrong they are both great coaches BUT, coach Earl doesn't outshine Culbreath

I was hoping that this thread would fade away, but it looks like it will not. So let me make a comment .

The schools website has us playing Farragut twice, because we are playing them twice--JV matches that is. So if that has led to some confusion . Let me apologize.

Rowdyranger-- the person who said that McMinn would kill Farragut based on our coaches is our softball coach. He has WAY too much free time on his hands, and enjoys stirring things up. No one , especially myself, in the McMinn Co. program would even predict McMinn killing Farragut. We (McMInn) are a good team, but we are not in the "great " category just yet. But we are working on it. Myself and my team have a tremendous amount of respect for Farragut. We are not the ones talking all the trash on this thread. I have told my players not to get on here and do that.

As for the rest of your personal attacks on me, I will not discuss them here. Perhaps you would like to contact me next week at the high school ( we are currently on Spring Break) and we could sit down and discuss them.

Lastly, thanks Onthe pitch. I hope to someday be as good a coach as Coach Culbreath. I have alot of respect for him.

Farragut has a great program that is consistently strong year after year...they deserve all the praise they get. One advantage they have is the strong pool of club players... Knoxville's club program is one of the strongest in the state, and a lot of the guys that play club attend Farragut. Smaller schools don't have that luxury. They might have 4 or 5 players that have several years of club experience. I think Farragut's coach deserves a lot of credit because it takes some real ability to blend a bunch of good players just as it does to blend a bunch of not so good players... you have got to have chemistry and the ability to play as a team...sometimes that is harder with a bunch of good players because they have so much experience. McMinn has a few club players, but not many. Even so, they have put together several great years. Coach Earls has got to be commended for the job he has done blending the players he has had. As for the 2 schools meeting this year, we can hope because they do put on good matches. But it will only happen if they make it through the playoffs. Congratulations to both programs and coaches for the past 2 years and good luck this year.

I think coach Earls is a great coach because his players love him. But do I think he is better than Coach Culbreath from Farragut no way. Farragut has had talent and he has used it to win back to back State Championships. Mcminn has talent that is supposedly better than Farraguts and yet coach Earl hasn't won a State Championship or even ever beaten Farragut,  because Coach Culbreath has stood in his way.  Don't get me wrong they are both great coaches BUT, coach Earl doesn't outshine Culbreath

825634659[/snapback]

I may have misunderstood one of your sentences, but did you say that Mcminn has better talent that Farragut? Are we talking in the past or present? Mcminn is and has been a talented team, but at no point were they ever as talented as Farragut...not even now. Im not trying to stir up stuff, just telling how I see it. They are both great teams and I will end it like that.