What happened?

Memwrestling11

Coach Bray, or anyone else for that matter what happened in Carl Taylor's semifinals match?

825576179[/snapback]

He lost in double overtime. He took down and everytime he stood up the other wrestler made no attemp to bring him to the mat. He just ran behind him until he ran him out of bounds. The one time he was out, Carl had an overhook and Ben had an underhook across his back. They were side by side. It should have been called an escape giving Carl the win. It wasn't. With 7 seconds left they were returning to the refs position. The Union County kid had been following/shoving Carl out of bounds for the 4th time in the tie-breaker with no repercussions then fell down with a mysterious injury (he needed a breather for the last 7 seconds and deserved an Oscar for his performance). He then had this surge of energy to follow Carl around the mat again with no attempt to return him to the mat. With all honesty, and Clint I have been there side by side with you working that event, I do pay my money every year and do own a striped shirt, the tie-breaker could have been officiated better.

Edited by CoachDelgado

He lost in double overtime.  He took down and everytime he stood up the other wrestler made no attemp to bring him to the mat.  He just ran behind him until he ran him out of bounds.  The one time he was out, Carl had an overhook and Ben had an underhook across his back.  They were side by side.  It should have been called an escape giving Carl the win.  It wasn't.  With 7 seconds left they were returning to the refs position.  The Union County kid had been following/shoving Carl out of bounds for the 4th time in the tie-breaker with no repercussions then fell down with a mysterious injury after his coach pointed down to the mat (he needed  a breather for the last 7 seconds and deserved an Oscar for his performance).  He then had this surge of energy to follow Carl around the mat again with no attempt to return him to the mat.  With all honesty, and Clint I have been there side by side with you working that event, I do pay my money every year and do own a striped shirt, the tie-breaker could have been officiated better.

825576193[/snapback]

I guess you watched the entire match and saw the multiple shot attempts made by the union heavy while taylor did absoloutly nothing. that matched should have ended by stalling calls. and yes i am from the same region as union county and i know there coach. to suggest that he told his wrestler to fall to the mat is amazing. i actually can't believe that you as a coach would criticize his wrestler and even more the coach himself.

I guess you watched the entire match and saw the multiple shot attempts made by the union heavy while taylor did absoloutly nothing.  that matched should have ended by stalling calls.  and yes i am from the same region as union county and i know there coach.  to suggest that he told his wrestler to fall to the mat is amazing.  i actually can't believe that you as a coach would criticize his wrestler and even more the coach himself.

825576253[/snapback]

Not a criticism, just an observation.

I agree with Coach Delgado on this one.  Someone give Hazlett an oscar or a Screen Actor's Guild award or something because he deserves it.  definitely the best acting job by an ameteur i have seen in a while.  Carl Taylor should have won this match and won the finals.

825577187[/snapback]

I missed that match for Carl as we were heading back to the hotel so our guys could get some rest but from all reports (and I have heard several) this match was not controlled well by the officials but what is done is done. However, it would be hard to say if Carl would have won in the finals or not because he has split with Cordova's heavy this season who went on to lose another tight match that I think was also ultimately decided by the official. Carl could have had an excellent finals match but he did not, what he did do is wrestle like a true champion and bring home a fourth place medal.

Congratulations Carl it was a pleasure to watch you wrestle this year! Goodluck in your future endeavors.

I guess you watched the entire match and saw the multiple shot attempts made by the union heavy while taylor did absoloutly nothing.  that matched should have ended by stalling calls.  and yes i am from the same region as union county and i know there coach.  to suggest that he told his wrestler to fall to the mat is amazing.  i actually can't believe that you as a coach would criticize his wrestler and even more the coach himself.

825576253[/snapback]

Carl did absolutely nothing? He chased Hazelett's butt all over that mat! Yeah, those high crotch attempts were real threatening, about as much as when someone gives the fake shot attempt. Don't get me wrong, Hazelett beat some tough guys on the way to the gold. That Charlie Smith was a beast. He's State Champ and nobody can take that away from him. I do, however, believe that Carl should have gotten an escape point and also believe that Hazelett's "injury timeout" was a little sketchy.

Carl did absolutely nothing?  He chased Hazelett's butt all over that mat!  Yeah, those high crotch attempts were real threatening, about as much as when someone gives the fake shot attempt.  Don't get me wrong, Hazelett beat some tough guys on the way to the gold.  That Charlie Smith was a beast.  He's State Champ and nobody can take that away from him.  I do, however, believe that Carl should have gotten an escape point and also believe that Hazelett's "injury timeout" was a little sketchy.

825577968[/snapback]

finally, it's the end o' the season and roadrunner ronnie is telling it like it is and not being politically correct.....yea!!!!!!!! thumb

wrestlesba, you may now vent...... :ph34r:

finally, it's the end o' the season and roadrunner ronnie is telling it like it is and not being politically correct.....yea!!!!!!!! thumb

wrestlesba, you may now vent...... :D

825578809[/snapback]

Ah Jim if only I could cut loose and lash at all of those ridiculous statements made but alas I am too busy this week with school work and getting arrangemetns made for the frosh / soph state tourney that I won't have time to properly let it all out for another week or so...

Edited by WrestleSBA