Brandon Powell

JV Star

Is he really the real deal

825577299[/snapback]

JV Star,

Yes-- Brandon Powell is DEFINETLY the real deal! He's one of the most versatile H.S. players I've seen in a long while.

Click on the link below and read posts 12-16, for more information on B.P.....

Let me add this, though...His game is also similar to Grant Hill's (Orlando Magic).

http://boards.coacht.com/index.php?showtopic=96449

--TraderB

Edited by TraderB

Brandon Powell is the real deal. He is a 6-4 SG who is only 16 years old. His long arms allows him to excel on defense. Can hit the 3 with ease.

Brandon was a true center in middle school. When he arrived at Mitchell coach Johnson told him that he could become a big time player if deveoped his guard skills. Well, during the summer he worked so hard that he became our starting PG as a freshman.

The thing that I am most impressed about Brandon is that he has improved so much in the classroom. While in middle school he was not pushed because of his basketball ability. When he arrived here he learned that he ws a student first. Everyday it was a challenge to get him to attend class. Finally one day he cut class and coach Johnson made the entire team run at 6:00 A.M. Now he makes the honor roll and had a 3.6 GPA and will qualify.

Pound for pound he is the best athlete at Mitchell. Has offers from all high major schools. G. Tech, Cincy, Mem, Ok, Tn, Miss, Miss St. Aub. are some of the schools he like.