Dobyns-Bennett in State this yr?

TNCountry

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight........... and who might they be? I didn't hear about any soph's from SH last year being good, so what makes you think this year there is going to be any? Even if SH did have any " All-Star soph's " that doesn't mean Sh is going to come anywhere near beating D-B.

There is no reason to think that DB will make it to state this year or any other year. You people in upper east Tennessee are living ina dream world when it comes to High School Sports. When was the last time that ANY team from that area won a State Title in Baseball or any other sport. Last year DB and Science Hill came to the Oak Ridge tournment and stunk the place up. I don't think that the almighty DB even won a game that weekend. Get with it, Baseball in the Knoxville area is BETTER that in the Tri Cities. Farragut and others will CLEAN YOUR CLOCK again this year.

There is no reason to think that DB will make it to state this year or any other year. You people in upper east Tennessee are living ina dream world when it comes to High School Sports. When was the last time that ANY team from that area won a State Title in Baseball or any other sport. Last year DB and Science Hill came to the Oak Ridge tournment and stunk the place up. I don't think that the almighty DB even won a game that weekend. Get with it, Baseball in the Knoxville area is BETTER that in the Tri Cities. Farragut and others will CLEAN YOUR CLOCK again this year.

825603724[/snapback]

Yeah, knoxville is a good place for baseball, but not this year.

825603724[/snapback]

Your right. Farragut has the best team money can buy. If we swept the Tri-Cities and made the best of the area play together all summer and then make them go to the same High School, we would be pretty good up here. Farragut is the new Germantown. At least most of their players live in Knox County. I remember a time when Knoxville couldn't get past the good ol' Indians. 92, 93, 94, 96. But I guess that doesn't count. 83, 85, 87, 98 Northeast TN state AAA championships in baseball. Just think how competitive it would be if all of gods children went to the high school they were suppose to go to. Fact of the matter is AAU and travel teams have ruined high school sports and have increased the divide between the haves and have nots. D.B., Science Hill, Farragut it doesn't matter. You guys take from the counties and get the cream of the crop every year. So don't act as if you guys are baseball gods becasue you beat teams with a thousand fewer students. I would just like to see how great all of you all would be if things were even.

825603724[/snapback]

Your right. Farragut has the best team money can buy. If we swept the Tri-Cities and made the best of the area play together all summer and then make them go to the same High School, we would be pretty good up here. Farragut is the new Germantown. At least most of their players live in Knox County. I remember a time when Knoxville couldn't get past the good ol' Indians. 92, 93, 94, 96. But I guess that doesn't count. 83, 85, 87, 98 Northeast TN state AAA championships in baseball. Just think how competitive it would be if all of gods children went to the high school they were suppose to go to. Fact of the matter is AAU and travel teams have ruined high school sports and have increased the divide between the haves and have nots. D.B., Science Hill, Farragut it doesn't matter. You guys take from the counties and get the cream of the crop every year. So don't act as if you guys are baseball gods becasue you beat teams with a thousand fewer students. I would just like to see how great all of you all would be if things were even.

DB does have the most talent they have had in a few years. They will probably win their conference. They won't have a cakewalk, however. Tennessee High can hit with them, but doesn't have the pitching depth DB has. South might be a spoiler for someone in the conference. Not sure what Science Hill has. DB could go far, but it won't be because of anything Ritz does (or doesn't do, more like it). It must be nice to just unlock the equipment room and throw the baseballs on the field. P.S. DB, get C J Stabler on the field before you regret it.

CJ Stabler (aka... the One Man Gang) is doing just fine. You know, he has had a cast on his arm since mid way through the Football Season. The cast is gone now, and he is pushing to play Baseball. I spoke to him last weekend and he told me that he was going to see Coach Ritz about getting on the team, although his Doctor told him not to play this season. CJ hit some balls for the first time, 10 days ago. Baseball or not, CJ is a starting LB for the DB Football Team, first and for all.

Anybody have a DB Baseball Schedule? If so, please post the games on the Coacht T Schedule.

RTR

Giddy Up!!