Sullivan Central vs. Unicoi County

brock20

why argue bout who's gym holds more ppl or where the central fans sat..i thought the game was amazing..congrats to both teams for playin a heck'ava game! i was totally pumped the whole time as for the craZzzy cougars ya'll shoud've been louder i don't think u could really hear'em over us but mad proz for the painting up that was really cute. :lol:

so proud Uc

thumb

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe you are the one who should look. The two sections of bleachers were divided among the teams playing in the games, as was posted on the gym doors. The end section of bleachers is still reserved for Unicoi County students. Didn't you notice the policemen trying to move you where you belonged?

825588288[/snapback]

No, the students didn't want to sit above unicoi's students. They had too, because in the section they wanted to sit at (on Central's side) was full of Unicoi people who were on the wrong side. The constables made them go back up in the nosebleed section.

Edited by brock20

Some body finaly shut up FAT old HESS......good job Coach John English and Unicoi Co. and Congrats to Hunter Sparks on a heck of a Tournament.  See Unicoi in the Region.

825588514[/snapback]

talking trash when you win one out of 3. centrals worst shooting game of the year and was still a close game. and who shut Hess up i heard him all night. by the way does one of the refs live in unicoi because he called both central and unicoi games this year.

Some body finaly shut up FAT old HESS......good job Coach John English and Unicoi Co. and Congrats to Hunter Sparks on a heck of a Tournament.  See Unicoi in the Region.

825588514[/snapback]

Well I can tell you who has not shut him up and that is Volunteer. He has killed you guys everytime he has played you guys. Don't hate on him because he doesn't start and still scores like 12 to 15 a game. If he was at Volunteer not only would he start but he would be the best player on the team.

How can Volunteer get on here and talk trash is beyond me. You had to do the biggest coward move in the book, stalling the ball, againist Central to even stay close. Not to mention #33 and #54 flopping on every screen they set. Your coach knew that Volunteer couldn't compete with Central playing just normal ball. Stokomo is the only Volunteer person who gets on here and actually contributes something worthwhile or that even makes sense...the rest of you guys just have to take cheap shots at players who are better than yours.

And yeah that was a big win againist HV but remember, Carroll didn't play but like 2 minutes. Remember him?...best player in the conference...that probably would have made a difference in the outcome.

Well I can tell you who has not shut him up and that is Volunteer.  He has killed you guys everytime he has played you guys.  Don't hate on him because he doesn't start and still scores like 12 to 15 a game.  If he was at Volunteer not only would he start but he would be the best player on the team.

How can Volunteer get on here and talk trash is beyond me.  You had to do the biggest coward move in the book, stalling the ball, againist Central to even stay close.  Not to mention #33 and #54 flopping on every screen they set.  Your coach knew that Volunteer couldn't compete with Central playing just normal ball.  Stokomo is the only Volunteer person who gets on here and actually contributes something worthwhile or that even makes sense...the rest of you guys just have to take cheap shots at players who are better than yours.

And yeah that was a big win againist HV but remember, Carroll didn't play but like 2 minutes.  Remember him?...best player in the conference...that probably would have made a difference in the outcome.

825588619[/snapback]

Carroll didnt play the Second Half BUDDY and we had our starting PG and Backup PG at home Sick they didnt even play. You need to GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. Stalling is not coward it is playing smart and trying to win. Charlie B. has been doing it for years at happy valley running the stall and he won state championchips with it so where is that not smart. I hope if we meet central in the Region Finals and Stall the ball all night long. I think it justs makes you mad and old hess whos shot the other night against Unicoi was BROKEN

I believe you are the one who should look. The two sections of bleachers were divided among the teams playing in the games, as was posted on the gym doors. The end section of bleachers is still reserved for Unicoi County students. Didn't you notice the policemen trying to move you where you belonged?

825588288[/snapback]

This isn't a home game for Unicoi, it's the district. That's why they had signs saying which way for them to go. I guess 1 out 3 ain't that bad though.

Carroll didnt play the Second Half BUDDY and we had our starting PG and Backup PG at home Sick they didnt even play. You need to GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.  Stalling is not coward it is playing smart and trying to win. Charlie B. has been doing it for years at happy valley running the stall and he won state championchips with it so where is that not smart. I hope if we meet central in the Region Finals and Stall the ball all night long. I think it justs makes you mad and old hess whos shot the other night against Unicoi was BROKEN

825588634[/snapback]

hess sored 7 points and in about 1 and half quaters that he played and caused about 10 unicoi turnovers. your just a hatter to. hess spanked vol. all year and you will have to deal with him for 2 more years. you better stall it when you face him. weatherford out the first game you could not stop Hess

Carroll didnt play the Second Half BUDDY and we had our starting PG and Backup PG at home Sick they didnt even play. You need to GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.  Stalling is not coward it is playing smart and trying to win. Charlie B. has been doing it for years at happy valley running the stall and he won state championchips with it so where is that not smart. I hope if we meet central in the Region Finals and Stall the ball all night long. I think it justs makes you mad and old hess whos shot the other night against Unicoi was BROKEN

825588634[/snapback]

Those guys who were not there for Volunteer play on the JV most of the time, they hardly even play varsity. Don't try to even compare that lose to HV not having Carroll 100%. If he was not hurt he would have dunked that opening tip at the first of the game. Everyone there knew something was wrong with him from the get go. I bet he played maybe 5:00 combined in the first half.

And stalling the ball is also ridiculous. Yeah the object of playing is to try and do what it takes to win but when you stall the ball you are not really playing, you are just standing around. If you want to do that how about each team just shoot a shot a piece and whoever makes one first wins? Don't need refs, scorekeepers or a clock for that. And Charlie B. may have done that back in 1946 or something but that was a different era back then....teams only stall the ball now so they will not get blown out of the gym. Either way you want to slice it Volunteer is 0-3 againist Central and Hess has done pretty much whatever he wanted to againist them.

This thread was supposed to be about Unicoi and Central so I will try to get it back on subject. Unicoi is pretty good. I had only seen them one time before and that was when Central beat them at home. Ike Weaver also looked good. The last time I seen him was when he played summer ball about 2 years ago and he has improved a lot. But like I said in an earlier post Central, HV and UC...3 good teams and anyone of them could beat each other. I could easily see a District 1 sweep of the Region.

Check out below.......another life lesson.  thumb

If you win or do well at something, do not brag. If you lose, do not show anger. Instead say something like, "I really enjoyed the competition, and I look forward to playing you again," or "Good game," or DON'T SAY ANYHTING AT ALL. To show anger or sarcasm, such as "You really aren't that good" or "You'll never win," shows mental weakness.

:angry:

825588636[/snapback]

Had to bring this from the other thread. What constructive point does it do to cut a player, coach, fan, team, or community down? If anyone thinks it makes them look bigger, you're sadly mistaking. The bigger man steps away from "small talk" and supports his/her team. Let me ask you this....... If you died tomorrow, what would people think of you? Not what they say, because people can front and say anything, but what would people think of you? Remember this..........

Of the Seven Deadly Sins, anger is possibly the most fun. To lick your wounds, to smack your lips over grievances long past, to roll over your tongue the prospect of bitter confrontations still to come, to savor to the last toothsome morsel both the pain you are given and the pain you are giving back -- in many ways it is a feast fit for a king. The chief drawback is that what you are wolfing down is yourself. The skeleton at the feast is you. :angry: GOD BLESS!!!!

:ph34r:

Also, Sparks getting the MVP is a joke. Everyone in the building knew who should have gotten it. At least he didn't run his mouth to Central's fans this time.

825588642[/snapback]

jrock since you know so much about basketball, who do you think should of gotten MVP? I think sparks played a heck of a game in my opinion. Any of the devils starting five could of got the award. Good Luck in regions!!!