Coaching Etiquette in Tournaments....

gunner2

Wow...why is your spot so sore???  When you get a few state banners come back and we will talk.

825583640[/snapback]

When Pigeon Forge is as old as South Greene we might have a few, but that is not the topic of this thread.

Let me say that other than West Greene, I don't think anyone from the other Greeneville schools in our district can talk about a coach and their etiquette

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When Pigeon Forge is as old as South Greene we might have a few, but that is not the topic of this thread.

Let me say that other than West Greene, I don't think anyone from the other Greeneville schools in our district can talk about a coach and their etiquette

825583700[/snapback]

Be specific.... Give the Greeneville teams some ammo buddy. :lol:

I can understand a coach quitely pulling for a team, maybe so they wouldn't have to face the opposing team. There's nothing wrong with that. There would only be a problem when he/she got out of control and made a scene.

Monday night, I did not see anything inappropriate. I could understand why she would prefer for SG and CD to lose.

Good luck to SG, CD and PF.......3 really good teams.

Big game tonight between SG and CD!

Be specific.... Give the Greeneville teams some ammo buddy. :lol:

825583734[/snapback]

Riker yet a great coach but never a person who cared about etiquette.

Chuckey Doaks coach told her player to take Kendra Newman out at their home court last year and she did which was caught on tape causing her to leave the floor for the rest of the game except for about 1 and half minutes left. Also she had to go to the DR. because of a bruised pelvic(?) bone.

Edited by jgarrison

I have also seen many of the girls games at the district tournament. In my opinion Coach Johnson acted appropriately and did nothing to disgrace her team, however there are many classless ball players who are not disciplined by their coaches when acting as if to embaress themselves by cheering against another team. There have been girls from Chuckey Doak who have cheered and taunted a team from their home county and I will not mention who, but acted very immature last year. This year I have not came across it.

Wow...why is your spot so sore???  When you get a few state banners come back and we will talk.

825583640[/snapback]

If you really wanna know why my spot is so sore here..I'll tell you. I watched all of those games with Coach Johnson, left the gym with Coach Johnson, rode home with Coach Johnson, and slept in the same house as Coach Johnson. (If you haven't figured it out, she is my momma.) thumb Who I might add I am very proud of and am proud of what she has accomplished thus far as coach of the Lady Tigers. Thanks BigShow for the nice comments. I personally have seen a huge change in the way the South Greene fans as well as players act this year. My freshman and sophomore year's I was cussed up and down the court and even yelled at my an elderly man at South Greene and one of my teammates was called a 'B' by the same man. Gunner seems to be either an athelte himself/herself at South Greene or an ill parent. All I can say is good luck to all the District 2AA teams and add again that the reason I got sore about the topic is that I know for a fact mom didnt cheer against South Greene or Chuckey Doak and for you to call her classless and disrespectful just hit me wrong because I know what kind of person that she is. See ya tonight! :lol:

(BTW..This is not my screen name. Mine is Diamond2, I am just using a friends because I have forgotten my password and should be getting it from Coacht shortly. )

I think that if two teams are big time rivals then of course one team might cheer against another while they are playing. However I have also seen several games at Morristown West this week and I have not seen coaches cheering against other teams. If they have been then that is a shame because they should be more professional than that and be setting a better example for their teams.

jgarrison...did the girl from CD get suspended or any form of punishment for taking out Newman? I mean from anybody other than her coach obviously.

Not to set anybody off, but......

I've seen several displays of disrespect and plain classlessness on CD's part for the last couple of year. When you said something about a CD player taking Kendra out, it did not suprise me at all. Maybe it's a lack of coaching discipline :lol: ...

who knows.... it's not just CD that does it

bball35

Your mom is a great coach and something you should be proud of. She's always been a very respectable coach, who has made major contributions to PF's program. Stay proud!

Go Greene County

Good Season Buffs

Edited by TheBigShow

I think that if two teams are big time rivals then of course one team might cheer against another while they are playing. However I have also seen several games at Morristown West this week and I have not seen coaches cheering against other teams. If they have been then that is a shame because they should be more professional than that and be setting a better example for their teams.

jgarrison...did the girl from CD get suspended or any form of punishment for taking out Newman? I mean from anybody other than her coach obviously.

825583791[/snapback]

Nothing happen in the game, and that was all I saw.

Why would she get in trouble from the coach she was the one who told her to take her out.

In fact the last 1 1/2 minutes that Kendra was in there while we were holding the ball to run the clock out, the same girl fouled Kendra again by jumping into her and making contact with her face. That being the 5th foul (Ithink) anyway she got a high five from her coach.

Let me tell you if Kendra was my daughter I would still be in jail today. :lol:

Edited by jgarrison

People need to realize that girl's basketball is not life or death; however it is very important, and we take pride in our daughter's accomplishments, but to let it get out of hand is crazy and stupid. We watch them play to enjoy ourselves and to let them enjoy themselves and maybe gain a sense of accomplishment by doing something they love. Conchita Johnson is a prime example of someone who has displayed class and respect for herself and other teams. I have never seen her act inappropriately, and to say something bad about her gives me the hint that either you are a liar or someone who wants to start trouble. Im behind PF on this. So grow up and think about what you're posting before you hurt someone's feelings. This site is for grown-ups.