#4 Sycamore vs #3 Cheatham County

Guest catfish-hunter

Guest catfish-hunter
I know exactly who you are. Your comment about blake guye is the most rediculous thing youve ever said. Blake is 5'11 250lb DT for the football team who likes to play basketball! haha, and i saw you stadning with coach patterosn and coach finley a couple of weeks ago. It doesnt matter. Every game sycamore has had against cheatham, harpeth and waverly this yr you say they should double in the post other wise theyll lose. I dont know how thats gona but i know sycamores record against those teams arent very good this season. So far it sounds as if sycamore has been shooting descent at stewart so they already have the advantage over cheatham and if that doesnt change tommorow night then cheatham will be hurtin.

825584582[/snapback]

First off, at least know how to spell the word ridiculous before you actually use it in your posts. Secondly, Sycamore has not been shooting light out. If they were, then I promise you that they'd score much more than 53 & 45 points (which have been there totals the first two games). I've seen Sycamore when they are on, so please don't try and insult our players by disregarding their game. Finally, don't make one of our big guys out to be terrible when your big guys stink. You say Blake just plays basketball because he likes it. WOW!!! That is freakin' amazing Alex. I'll bet you that John plays basketball because he likes it as well.

Of the four teams left in the 10AA tourney, Cheatham has the LEAST inside. Waverly has Ryan Hollis, Harpeth has Scott Erland, and Sycamore has Brian Bullard. I'm telling you that Cheatham does not have any one player that can defend any of those guys. That is why I'm saying that the Cubs better double down because if they don't then they are gonna get destroyed in the paint all night. YOU KNOW THAT!!! If Noel isn't on from the field, then Cheatham can't win. They have no shot if he doesn't shoot well. What are they gonna do, rely on Davidson's ugly looking shot??? I like Brink and Moss, but they certainly aren't gonna lead Cheatham to a win over a team like Sycamore. Not this year anyway.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, why in the heck does everyone think Brian Bullard is such a great basketball player. Yes, he is a big presence inside, but he is not as good as catfish and others make him out to be. If you put a body on him, he's not going anywhere. If I recall correctly, earlier in the year at Sycamore, Blake Guye came in the ballgame and pretty much shut Bullard down. Also, John Kinman does not scare me that much either. Sure he has a few good games here and there but he is not consistent at all. If Moss guards him, he might not score. And I'm not sure the Cubs can double down in the post because that would leave the shooters from Sycamore open, and even Cheatham knows you can't do that.

Jesse Moulton is really the only inside guy that concerns me going into this game. He can shoot the three well and take it inside. If Cheatham can find a way to limit his scoring, Cheatham wins by 10+.

Catfish, i love when you put words into my mouth. When did i ever say that sycamore was shooting lights out? i just said they had been shooting better than cheatham. I also never disrespected any of sycamores players. Who cares if cheatham has the least size. Theyve handled hollis nicely in both games, and shut down erland yesterday!! ANd sycamore has the great brian bullard!!! When has he ever dominated a game? Holy crap you act like he is unstoppable. Hes only 6'0 tall, he spins out of control and committs what should be a charge EVERYTIME! HAHA, the best thing yet catfish is the last statement. You like brink and moss but they wont lead cheatham to a victory over sycamore! Not this yr anyway!! Hello!!! Cheatham is 2-0 against the one time BACK TO BACK DISTRICT CHAMPS!!! Not trying to ruffle any war eagle feathers, just stating the obvious. Should be a great game tommorow night, see ya there!

Guest catfish-hunter
Catfish, i love when you put words into my mouth. When did i ever say that sycamore was shooting lights out? i just said they had been shooting better than cheatham. I also never disrespected any of sycamores players. Who cares if cheatham has the least size. Theyve handled hollis nicely in both games, and shut down erland yesterday!! ANd sycamore has the great brian bullard!!! When has he ever dominated a game? Holy crap you act like he is unstoppable. Hes only 6'0 tall, he spins out of control and committs what should be a charge EVERYTIME! HAHA, the best thing yet catfish is the last statement. You like brink and moss but they wont lead cheatham to a victory over sycamore! Not this yr anyway!! Hello!!! Cheatham is 2-0 against the one time BACK TO BACK DISTRICT CHAMPS!!! Not trying to ruffle any war eagle feathers, just stating the obvious. Should be a great game tommorow night, see ya there!

825585262[/snapback]

The first meeting against Waverly-Cheatham, Ryan Hollis was the difference. If you couldn't see that, then you are just plain ignorant. Hollis dominated the second half of that game and got his teammates wide open looks from deep. If I remember correctly, Rico was not good in that game (yet somehow Waverly won). Erland was the difference in the Harpeth win at Cheatham (when the Indians did not have Derrick). You said you were there AB, so tell me who was a better player on the court that night. That win is why Harpeth was the #2 seed in the district, as if it matters anyways. Erland abused Cheatham inside. Finally, Cheatham won the last game over Sycamore NOT DUE TO MOSS & BRINK but instead it was the 38-POINTS from Noel Smith. Somebody on here said earlier that Noel wouldn't struggle everynight and they were 100% right. On the other hand however, Noel will not be scoring 38-POINTS everynight either. Sycamore will control this game from start to finish.

NOTE: I NEVER once predicted a winner KingCub00. Controlling a game doesn't always mean that you will win. I will say that Noel needs to score at least 25 tomorrow night for the Cubs because if he doesn't then they'd better start preparing for Giles County. Come and talk to me tomorrow evening Alex instead of sitting on the other side of the court accusing me of cheering for Harpeth. If that isn't "putting words in my mouth" (See KingCub00's first sentence) then I really don't know what is.

Catfish, your totally right about erland in the game at cheatham. He was the difference. I didnt catch the cheatham waverly game at cheatham so i dont know what hollis did but hollis was silent in the cubs victory over waverly as was erland wed. night. My point is the cubs have played great inside d down the stretch and i think it wil continue tommorow night. I wont pick a winner either but if sycamore is to control the entire game like you say then surely theyll come out on top....??

I think this will be another close game in the series between these two teams. I have seen both teams up close on several occasions, even when they weren't playing each other. Truth be told neither team has an inside presence that scares anybody. Sycamore and Cheatham are both dependant on the their ability to shoot from the perimeter. The team that is hitting their shots and gets to the free throw line the most will win this contest. KingCub is right if you will be willing to stick your body in Bullard's path you will find he sitting on the bench due to offensive fouls. The same can be said for Cheatham's Joey Beach. Bullard always makes the spin move from the perimeter down the lane and Beach the hard drive along the baseline. The team that gets the most contribution from their role players will win this game. Who will step up? Biggest game of the year for these two because the loser can probably pack up their jerseys.