District 3-AAA Talk

jlwright98

In the consolation game at 6:00 today...

Powell is going for the sweep with Girls beating Oak Ridge on their floor  last night.

No way Halls can win the "Battle of the Creek" three straight this year...Powell's time.

Go Panthers!!

825586010[/snapback]

I would'nt get to Cocky . There way to much basketball to be played. And for your tittle

of your post, Well you know where you must play tonght( Oakridge) And yes the Gym will be pack to the rim For the Clinton and Oakridge game. And then yes, next week at (Clinton) Remember Clinton And Oakridge's Early loss will come back to huant someone next week. Don't let it be you :huh:

jlwright98,

The kind of inflammatory title that you have used is not warranted in my opinion.

Clinton has played for the district title in 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, and 2004 - winning five of those games. (Oak Ridge has had similar success). Powell played for the title in 2003 and Halls last played in 1987.

I certainly congratulate Halls and Powell on their accomplishments thus far this season; both have very good teams led by excellent staffs. I would expect a hard fought game tonight.

However, to take potshots at a program(s) that has dominated this district for a decade is ridiculous. I know that your insinuations do not represent the good number of Halls and Powell posters on this sight.

Good Luck to all teams tonight.

No way Halls can win the "Battle of the Creek" three straight this year...

825586010[/snapback]

It is the "Battle for Emory road" not the creek and you can't just rule a team out because they have won the first two games that might just show the markings of a better team. Tonight all these disputes will be settled and i hope that halls gets their first district title banner since 87. Paz.

jlwright98,

The kind of inflammatory title that you have used is not warranted in my opinion.

Clinton has played for the district title in 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, and 2004 - winning five of those games. (Oak Ridge has had similar success).  Powell played for the title in 2003 and Halls last played in 1987.

I certainly congratulate Halls and Powell on their accomplishments thus far this season; both have very good teams led by excellent staffs.  I would expect a hard fought game tonight.

However, to take potshots at a program(s) that has dominated this district for a decade is ridiculous.  I know that your insinuations do not represent the good number of Halls and Powell posters on this sight.

Good Luck to all teams tonight.

825586126[/snapback]

Marcvol,

Very well put!!!!!!!!! thumb

"Clinton has played for the district title in 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, and 2004 - winning five of those games. (Oak Ridge has had similar success). Powell played for the title in 2003 and Halls last played in 1987."

You confirm my thread headline...It is NEWS around here big time when Clinton AND Oak Ridge are playing the 3rd place game!! All the teams left in the region are very competitive...Karns and South-Doyle could play with all of them. I am just glad Clinton and Bearden knock heads first, as do Farragut and Oak Ridge...and Halls and Maryville. And Heritage wont be easy! Some really good teams are going to go one and done in the regional. How many home games Clinton lose this year? To OR and BCentral? Two, maybe? They will be tough next week...

I'm pulling for a District 3-AAA sweep Tuesday night...

And Monday night as well...