Region 5AA Tourney

War Eagles

Guest catfish-hunter
Sycamore vs. Lewis County

Loretto vs. Waverly

Page vs. Harpeth

Cheatham Co. vs Giles

825587859[/snapback]

That is exactly right!!! The winners of the Waverly-Loretto & Sycamore-Lewis Co. games will play one another in Wednesday night's semifinals. The winners of the Giles Co.-Cheatham Co. & Harpeth-Page games will play each other in the semifinals on Wednesday night as well. Monday and Tuesday's first round matchups weren't in the Tennessean today, so I imagine that they are given today. When I find out the dates and times of the games I'll post them shortly thereafter. Good luck to all of the teams, especially those from District 10AA!!!

Region 5AA @ Page High School

Monday February 28 5:30 pm #4 Loretto vs #1 Waverly

8:30 pm #1 Giles County vs #4 Cheatham County

Tuesday March 1 5:30 pm #2 Lewis County vs #3 Sycamore

8:30 pm #3 Page vs #2 Harpeth

Wednesday March 2 5:30 pm Loretto/Waverly vs Lewis C./Sycamore

8:30 pm Giles C./Cheatham C. vs Page/Harpeth

Thursday March 3 8:00 pm?? Regional Finals

Monday March 7 ??? Sub-State

Guest catfish-hunter
Region 5AA @ Page High School

Monday February 28      5:30 pm    #4 Loretto vs #1 Waverly

8:30 pm    #1 Giles County vs #4 Cheatham County

Tuesday March 1          5:30 pm      #2 Lewis County vs #3 Sycamore

8:30 pm      #3 Page vs #2 Harpeth

Wednesday March 2      5:30 pm      Loretto/Waverly vs Lewis C./Sycamore

8:30 pm      Giles C./Cheatham C. vs Page/Harpeth

Thursday March 3          8:00 pm??  Regional Finals

Monday March 7            ???            Sub-State

825588107[/snapback]

THANKS for the dates and times of the opening round games mkhhawk!!! This tourney looks much different than the one from the past two years in my opinion. Page is in the regional this year and their record indicates that they are not a terrible basketball team. Beating the Patriots on their own home floor will not be an easy task for Jamie Wilson's Harpeth Indians. Lewis County and Sycamore have taken very similar paths this year. Both teams started the season off badly, but lately both teams have improved and proved that they are capable of contending. Despite their struggles in last week's district tourney, Cheatham is a dangerous opponent for Giles County in the opening round of this tourney. Last year, Giles jumped out to a quick 20-point lead over the Cubs before Cheatham made a run and wound up losing by 10. If the Cubs can avoid a fast start from Giles and Noel Smith can get hot, then look out. Giles County and Waverly are without question the two favorites to meet in the regional final next Thursday night. Waverly's Rico Ralston and Giles County's Tyler Smith both swept their regular season and district tourney MVP awards respectively. I can't wait for all the fun to begin on Monday night, so lets here what you all have to say as far as predicting this week's games!!!