Who will be #1 in 10AA next season

vandyballin

Harpeth should finish first next season. Sycamore will not be as great as catfish says. They were supposed to be great again this year but that didnt happen. They return several players with experience but few players that contributed. Kinman will get his FIRST cinsistent action next season and will prolly be inconsistent. Bullard and moulton are the only ones who could be depended on coming back. Lohin played more as a freshman than he did this yr. Forbes and crawford were supposed ot contribute alot this season but they didnt. Sycamore doesnt have the deep shooting threat as theyve had in the past and that will hurt yet be good at times. The biggest thing of all is they dont have a coach right now. I hope everyone starts talking about a district 'ship only because no one from this district will beat a top 4 team from the other sidE of the region. BANK ON IT!

Edited by KingCub00

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, what we are calling District 10Aa on here will officially be known as 11AA for the next four years once the state championship games wrap up on Saturday evening.  Instead of playing in region 5, these teams will be playing in region 6 starting next year.  That means matchups with the likes of Bolivar, Liberty, Lexington, Jackson South Side, McNairy Central, Camden, and Chester Co.

825620033[/snapback]

The region will get a lot more difficult next year. Anybody can win on any given night. Don't count out anybody from District 10aa. thumb

Guest catfish-hunter
The region will get a lot more difficult next year. Anybody can win on any given night. Don't count out anybody from District 10aa.  thumb

825620636[/snapback]

I'd never count out a team from this district, which again it is now 11AA, because I know what the teams are made of in this district. KingCub00 is just mad because his Cheatham County Cubs did not get it done in this year's postseason. The football and women's basketball programs at Cheatham are looking bright for next year, but as far as men's basketball goes THEY ARE GONNA BE DOWN!!! Jamie Wilson is a great coach and I'm here to tell you all right now that Harpeth is gonna be solid next year. Sycamore has players that have played in the postseason before and that experience alone will make them a successful bunch regardless of who the coach is next year. Hang on next winter KingCub00, because it's gonna be one heck of a bumpy road for your Cubbies.

BTW, don't get on here clowning Austin Lohin's game. He is a two sport athlete who actually starts and contributes at both sports that he plays. YOU on the other hand were a two sport athlete who played in basketball. As far as football went, your biggest contribution was passing out water to Langley, Piper, JR, and Sam Reeves thumb

Catfish, you are so full of it. BY saying lohin played more as a freshamn than a sophomore, how is that dogging his game? Now then, yes the cubs will not be as successful next season as they have been the past 3 but they will still contend for a region spot and make a run for the top spot in the district as they have the past 2. Cheatham doesnt have that much experience coming back but i think next season with 7 players graduating you will see alot of hard nosed bball with the young guys taking over leadership roles. I think next season coach j. may have the hardest working group hes had yet. Why do you continue bringing me into arguments when you know nothing about me. Lloooddy freakin daaa lohin plays 2 sports and starts at both of them. Since you know nothing about me heres some info, ive played 3 sports my entire life and have started in every single one until my sr yr on cheathams football team and even then i contributed when needed. BTW, the middle school football players were the waterboys. :blink: So just because i said something about sycamore you didnt agree with, dont let your thong get wedged in that tight crack of yours. Who cares if sycamore has a couple of players that have played in the postseason before, the district post season is nothing to brag about about. Bullard is the only one coming back whos played in a tourney game outside of district and one game in the region isnt that valuable. If you wouldnt notice, im not hypin up cheatham because it may be a tough season and you shouldnt be hypin up sycamore either.

Guest catfish-hunter
Catfish, you are so full of it. BY saying lohin played more as a freshamn than a sophomore, how is that dogging his game? Now then, yes the cubs will not be as successful next season as they have been the past 3 but they will still contend for a region spot and make a run for the top spot in the district as they have the past 2. Cheatham doesnt have that much experience coming back but i think next season with 7 players graduating you will see alot of hard nosed bball with the young guys taking over leadership roles. I think next season coach j. may have the hardest working group hes had yet. Why do you continue bringing me into arguments when you know nothing about me. Lloooddy freakin daaa lohin plays 2 sports and starts at both of them. Since you know nothing about me heres some info, ive played 3 sports my entire life and have started in every single one until my sr yr on cheathams football team and even then i contributed when needed. BTW, the middle school football players were the waterboys.  :blink: So just because i said something about sycamore you didnt agree with, dont let your thong get wedged in that tight crack of yours. Who cares if sycamore has a couple of players that have played in the postseason before, the district post season is nothing to brag about about. Bullard is the only one coming back whos played in a tourney game outside of district and one game in the region isnt that valuable. If you wouldnt notice, im not hypin up cheatham because it may be a tough season and you shouldnt be hypin up sycamore either.

825621170[/snapback]

Stop saying that you contributed to the football team Bowers. There are many football players past & present from Cheatham County who don't want to hear you associate your name with all that has been so good at Cheatham in the fall. Why would you go out of your way to tell me that the middle school players passed out water??? Don't get so mad because you were a part of the only sport that actually beat Sycamore while you were at Cheatham (at least on the men's side) YET you never got to see the field during any point of that memorable night in the history of Cheatham County Cubs football. Maybe Sam Reeves was kind enough to let you hold his jock strap that night when you boys went back into the field house. Never mind that Bowers, because you were too busy emptying the water coolers on the sidelines.

Guest catfish-hunter
Who does Montgomery Central coming back? Can they compete?

825621214[/snapback]

Mont. Cent. returns both Dunn and Davis I believe PT. This past year was a bit of a rebuilding year for Jimmy Young's team, but next year they'll be one of the older teams in the district. They steadily improved as the season progressed this past year and I'll say yes they can and probably will be competitive next year.

Harpeth and Sycamore and head & shoulders above any of the others teams in this district next year. Both teams just have too much experience returning. I keep saying watch out for Stewart Co. because with Noel graduating from Cheatham and Rico doing the same at Waverly, the Rebels return the district's top scorer in Jake West. The Rebels have proven to be tough in Dover and the program over there seems to be headed in the right direction.

The other teams in the district are Cheatham (who loses Noel Smith and several other key role players from this past year's team), Creek Wood (who had great opportunities the past two years with Derra & Darden as well as Ridgeway but next year they'll be rebuilding again), Fairview (who has not even been competitive in 9AA which outside of Giles Co. is terrible), and Waverly (who loses just about every part of this year's substate team). Rawlings did an outstanding job with the experience he inherited from Craig, but next year all Waverly returns is one of the Reid boys (I think that it is DJ). Curtis Reid, Rico Ralston, Trey Reeder, Ryan Hollis, and Johnathan Leonard are gone folks.

Lol, wrong again catfish. As usual. Wrong about the football game and wrong about cheatham beating sycamore. We also did it in basketball. Its funny how you know EVERYTHING about distrcit 11-aa now. You should change your name from catfish hunter to district 11-aa guru. You should publish an updated program of all the teams to go with it. I guess as long as your the guru of this district sycamore will always have "experience and depth" and contend for the title.

Guest catfish-hunter
Lol, wrong again catfish. As usual. Wrong about the football game and wrong about cheatham beating sycamore. We also did it in basketball. Its funny how you know EVERYTHING about distrcit 11-aa now. You should change your name from catfish hunter to district 11-aa guru. You should publish an updated program of all the teams to go with it. I guess as long as your the guru of this district sycamore will always have "experience and depth" and contend for the title.

825621341[/snapback]

Yeah you sure did beat Sycamore in basketball that year, but it was in DECEMBER. You see Alex Bowers, Sycamore doesn't get thrilled about beating people before Christmas because it means nothing once late-February arrives. You also failed to mention the fact that Sycamore beat Cheatham the other two times they met that year on the hardwood, including the district title game. That's a 2-1 Sycamore lead in 3 matchups that year, so like I said earlier they beat you. If you want to feel good about yourself by bragging about a win in December, then go right ahead. I'd expect nothing more than that kind of mediocrity from a guy like you Alex.