Riverdale @ Columbia

hs sports fan

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

This should be a hard fought game. Columbia swept through their district this year with no problem. Riverdale did well in one of the toughest districts in the state this year. I think playing Siegel, Oakland, and Lebanon 3 times will help them. They also have played Wilson Central and Gallatin twice and Beech once. They scheduled tough opponents during the regular season to get them ready for a game such as this. I know many people wont give them much hope, but I really like Riverdale's chances at an upset. I think if they can win this game then district 7AAA sweeps.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be a hard fought game. Columbia swept through their district this year with no problem. Riverdale did well in one of the toughest districts in the state this year. I think playing Siegel, Oakland, and Lebanon 3 times will help them. They also have played Wilson Central and Gallatin twice and Beech once. They scheduled tough opponents during the regular season to get them ready for a game such as this. I know many people wont give them much hope, but I really like Riverdale's chances at an upset. I think if they can win this game then district 7AAA sweeps.

825589389[/snapback]

i'll give it to district 7, they probably do have a tougher bunch of teams from top to bottom. but just because columbia is 12-0 doesn't mean that every district game was a pushover. they were taken to the wire several times and still managed to win, one even in OT. if you want to discus who else columbia has played outside the district: beech, lavergne, oakland, gallatin, franklin high (twice) and giles co (twice) and held their ground in each game. of those 8 teams, they won over lavergne and at giles co. they had 1 & 2 point losses to giles and franklin high and lost to oakland and gallatin by 5. 4 of the 6 losses came in the first 6 games of the season. since then they have been 23-2. so i feel columbias schedule has been just as tough.

I think Burks will have the boys ready. I know they would have definatley rather have been playing @ Shelbyville rather than having to goto Columbia becuase i think most people feel there is a big drop off in that district from 1st to 2nd. I think Columbia would have finished anywhere from 2nd to 5th in 7AAA. The Warriors have their work cut out for them and the loss of Jesse Mayfield definatley hurts. But as the rest of yall I am hoping for a 7AAA sweep and i think this is the only game that is in question, but i got faith.....GO WARRIORS.