Top Knoxville area teams

JKerrBdaMan

Played Morristown East Saturday at Powell, pretty good team. Since Heather transfered to Powell, does Bearden have another pitcher other than Sally? Who do they have returning beside Paige and Jennifer? Still think there will be some suprises in this district :lol:

825593976[/snapback]

I think Bearden has all of last years team returning except Brittany Richardson(ETSU) and Heather Broyles who transfered to Powell.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Cox will definetly not mess her up. He is one of the best coaches in Knoxville. Just look at what he has done with CHS in a little amount of time. He turns average players into winners. His record speaks for itself.

825593468[/snapback]

I don't believe Coach Cox will "mess" up any of the girls on his team. Coach Cox has molded his program/team to be a winning program. He has brought the Central softball program out of the cellar of their district. His teams have improved year over year, every year he has been the coach. I believe he and his team expect to be winners each and every year.

Coach Cox was named the 2004 KIL/PrepExtra Softball Coach of the Year. His team finished up at 38-14, won their district tournament and placed fourth in the state.

If this year's team listens to Coach Cox, works hard everyday to get better, and leaves everything out on the field; it wouldn't surprise me if they do it again this year. Who knows, maybe 2005 will be even better than 2004! :lol:

"if she can keep it together" what does she need to keep together.

825594308[/snapback]

From what I have seen of late, Brittany has NO trouble "keeping it together"....but occasionally her team does. Lack of timely hitting and defensive errors is what kept Alcoa out of state last year....definately not the pitching!

She could use some ear plugs while pitching though.....I have, on occasion, heard a rather large man yelling at her from the Alcoa stands. I am not sure it disrupts her pitching....but on occasion, it sure makes her MAD! :lol:

"if she can keep it together" what does she need to keep together.

825594308[/snapback]

I just think sometimes whenever she gets frustrated (what pitcher doesnt?)she tends to lose it a little which I'm sure that man someone was talking about yelling in the stands doesnt help either. But shes an amazing player. It just seems whenever she gets a little wild things dont get any better....wild meaning throwing a few balls or just walking people. Nothing against her at all I think shes awesome and people need to give her some credit!

I just think sometimes whenever she gets frustrated (what pitcher doesnt?)she tends to lose it a little which I'm sure that man someone was talking about yelling in the stands doesnt help either. But shes an amazing player. It just seems whenever she gets a little wild things dont get any better....wild meaning throwing a few balls or just walking people. Nothing against her at all I think shes awesome and people need to give her some credit!

825595281[/snapback]

Hey now....don't drag me into this....my comment was a joke....not trying to be critical!

So what about Gibbs.....I know the two Jr. pitchers return....and Thomas (Fr.) will certainly contribute early....who did they lose last year?....other than the Sr. catcher (Moore) who transfered to Seymour. What was their record in the fall at Holston? I know they didn't make it to state last year...losing a tough game to a Kingston team they should have walked on...but they still won district. It was the first time the Gibbs machine did not make a state appearance in 15+ years (that has to be a record.....I find that utterly amazing). Maybe Carol is just laying low....waiting to kick the crap out of the unsuspecting AA teams.....with a vengence!

Gibbs will be okay this year. They have a lot of young talent which will get better as the season progresses. Their pitching will be better, especially with the addition of Thomas. She has a lot of ability, but will haft to learn to hit her spots to be effective in the Gibbs system. I really think the predictions in this heading are hilarious. Alcoa and Seymour rated and Gibbs not even mentioned. Alcoa and Seymour have never beaten Gibbs except in preseason talk. It has never happened and it want this year. The Gibbs program will play its tough schedule and then head back to Memphis to regain its championship. Looking forward to watching this team. They have character and lots of young talent. Carol ball is on the way back. The one year absence from State will be taken care of on the field. Not in all this wishful thanking on this forum. Good luck Eagles!!!!!

Alcoa and Seymour rated and Gibbs not even mentioned. 

825596575[/snapback]

I went and looked at the post again still haven't seen were Alcoa was rated. If Alcoa plays .500 ball they will be doing good. Alcoa will probly be starting, 1 SR., 2 JR, 4 SO. , and 2 FR.

Edited by TNT

825595281[/snapback]

bella444, I'm pretty sure who you are,I believe this is at least your second or third screen name that you have posted under.

The last two or three years I haven't seen her get wild as you stated. And as for walks, didn't know that she walked alot of people.

As for people giving her credit: She doesn't need anyone on Coacht giving her credit. She can get her credit on the field.

As for the man yelling: She's used to that. When she pitches good I tell her. She knows that if I had to pick one pitcher in a big game that it would be her because she doesn't get frustrated as you stated.

VCR & VTEC: I guess people knows who I am now.