Defense

I beg to differ

As I understand some teams lost a lot of D and others lost nearly none, who is still strong and who is looking good. I know MBA will be very solid with Turk and Banker. I played summer league with one of their guys this summer and he was very impressive. Any other teams? Redtwin i want to hear from you (as i understand you did play defense). Who impressed you last year if you saw any games.

I don't know a whole lot about the defensive units coming back from any schools besides MBA. Turk is a senior with good talent. He's very aggressive and likes to get physical. Banker is a very good athlete, which is evident by his play, but he also has good size and speed. I'm really not sure who the 3rd and 4th close defensemen or the poles are going to be. Terrell McWhorter maybe or Clayton Lainhart. Terrell has grown up playing under his older brother's guidance, which has paid off for him, and Clayton is a big athletic kid. MBA's biggest weapon is John Harvey, an assistant coach who played at UVA. He has excellent knowledge of defensive schemes and situations, and he made an obvious improvement to the defense last year. I remembe USN had a young defense, so I think they get some guys back. I know Grapski out at Farragut is solid, but I'm not sure about his supporting cast. I'm sure McCallie and MUS will have somebody who can play. I like what MBA brings to the table here though.

As I understand some teams lost a lot of D and others lost nearly none, who is still strong and who is looking good.  I know MBA will be very solid with Turk and Banker.  I played summer league with one of their guys this summer and he was very impressive.  Any other teams?  Redtwin i want to hear from you (as i understand you did play defense).  Who impressed you last year if you saw any games.

825595180[/snapback]

Im obviously not Redtwin, but im sure you could figure out that i play for MBA, and we have a very solid defense this year. Like you said, Banker and Turk are back; turk has been out for a while with an injury, but he'll be back fairly soon and im sure back to speed. The third d spot is up for grabs, but we have another very solid junior, some pretty good seniors, and a good sophmore who im sure will all get some playing time. The strength of our defense will probably depend on how hte middies play. Also, MUS's defense seems to be pretty strong especially considering that they lost most of their good players last year.

yeah camo is right, Turk and Banker will be the core, but Jed Crumbo is an incredible defensive middie. He will help out the D alot. I know Walter Blackman (sophmore) from USN will be really good for them this year. Grapski was good when we played them last year, but im clueless on the rest of them.

lainhart from MBA is actually a middie.

the 3rd close D-man looks to be either terrell mcwhirter, garrett ramsey (soph), or cage spoden. cage had a good year at longpole middie last year but hurt his ankle during tryouts this year. when he comes back in the next week or two we'll see whether he will move to close or go back to longpole middie.