Waverly & McEwen both eyeing substate

swamptiger

I saw McEwen play a great game against CPA earlier in the year, and I have seen Puckett play at least once a year for 4 years. They are to be congratulated and he is a very good player.

Why can't we just congratulate the kids and understand that good teams have bad games, and face good teams that have good games and you lose from time to time? Only one team wins it all and a lot of very good teams lose on the way.

CPA missed a free throw late in the semis against Grace last year and had to go home, but that is basketball and we were all very proud of them. They didn't win it all, but they were "winners". I believe McEwen's team is a "winner" as well.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why hate???? Just take it for what it is...a team with an extremely limited enrollment made a great run with one of the best players this area has seen in a long time.  Let it be...why not say, "Congrats to McEwen on a good season and leave it at that?"  Must be one of those people that got beat by McEwen or one that wished he could have played for such a team.

William H. Bonnie

KING REX

825600967[/snapback]

Small Enrollment I think that is why they are playing "A" ball.... And they arent that small they are the fourth largest school in their district....

I have no ill feelings about McEwen they were a good team... I'm only saying that they should have been better... But did not do what it took to become a tough tournament ready ball club...

Small Enrollment  I think that is why they are playing "A" ball....  And they arent that small they are the fourth largest school in their district.... 

I have no ill feelings about McEwen they were a good team...  I'm only saying that they should have been better... But did not do what it took to become a tough tournament ready ball club...

825601273[/snapback]

Yeah, having a limited enrollment does mean playing "A" ball, but that also means playing private schools who "recruit" their ball players and that makes it really hard for any "A" school to compete. McEwen had a great team this year, probably the best they've ever had...why can't you just leave it at that and quit telling them how they could have been better

Yeah, having a limited enrollment does mean playing "A" ball, but that also means playing private schools who "recruit" their ball players and that makes it really hard for any "A" school to compete. McEwen had a great team this year, probably the best they've ever had...why can't you just leave it at that and quit telling them how they could have been better

825601908[/snapback]

Oh I will leave it alone.... With the players McEwen had they should have been in Murfreesboro in 2 weeks Private Schools or not... I am sure playing Big Sandy and their other non-district games really helped them prepare for those "Private Schools"....

Best of Luck in the Future...

You are only as great as you prepare yourself to be.....

It wasn't there schedule.  there coaching staff isn't very good.  That has always been a downfall for McEwen.  Put a good coach on that team this year and they are in the buro.

825602339[/snapback]

Evidently you don't know what you are talking about. McEwen's coach received the district coach of the year last year. When a team has a great season you don't point fingers at whose fault it is that it wasn't better. You congratulate the team, because they really did have a great season, like 24-2 or so in the regular season. Sporsters it seems you just have a personal grudge against McEwen for some reason, why else would you keep posting the same thing over and over.

Yes the McEwen coach was chosen coach of the year, beating out the Heritage Coach who took a team of primarily all sophomores and were District Co-Champions.... Now it is kind of funny how he was chosen coach of the year...

A fellow coach in the district from a much weaker team called every coach in the league and asked and/or told the coaches who to vote for.... Maybe that coach can get lobbyist of the year, since the Red Devils seem to never win many games.... And before anyone says anything this is a fact proven and true....

Yes the McEwen coach was chosen coach of the year, beating out the Heritage Coach who took a team of primarily all sophomores and were District Co-Champions....  Now it is kind of funny how he was chosen coach of the year...

A fellow coach in the district from a much weaker team called every coach in the league and asked and/or told the coaches who to vote for....  Maybe that coach can get lobbyist of the year, since the Red Devils seem to never win many games....  And before anyone says anything this is a fact proven and true....

825602540[/snapback]

Like I said, for some reason unknown to us you have this grudge against McEwen. This year they had a great team and a great coach. You are for some reason trying to belittle them, good luck with that see if it gets you anywhere.

Like I said, for some reason unknown to us you have this grudge against McEwen.  This year they had a great team and a great coach.  You are for some reason trying to belittle them, good luck with that see if it gets you anywhere.

825602572[/snapback]

No grudges here I loved watching them play some this year... Just wished I could be able to watch them in the BORO.... As far as the Coach of the year thing that has nothing to do with your coach but has to do with another coach pulling the stunt that he did...

Congrats on a good year best of luck in the future..

My sources say that Petrone tried to call a coaches meeting of next years teams without all the coaches and make some changes in the district. With him making enimies i don't see him ever getting the award.They also finished 4th in the district tourney. Like someone said before its how u coach in the post season right? Are you referring to Jo burns coach? Coach Ross does a good job. Though the last few years he has had some great talent, in many previous years he hasn't had the greatest of talent and still has found ways to win tournament games and play teams tough when he shouldn' be in the gym with them.The ezell game they were cold and Puckett was doubled all night and he didn't have anyone else to step up. Its not like one man guarded him and shut him down.

My sources say that Petrone tried to call a coaches meeting of next years teams without all the coaches and make some changes in the district. With him making enimies i don't see him ever getting the award.They also finished 4th in the district tourney. Like someone said before its how u coach in the post season right? Are you referring to Jo burns coach? Coach Ross does a good job. Though the last few years he has had some great talent, in many previous years he hasn't had the greatest of talent and still has found ways to win tournament games and play teams tough when he shouldn' be in the gym with them.The ezell game they were cold and Puckett was doubled all night and he didn't have anyone else to step up. Its not like one man guarded him and shut him down.

825602605[/snapback]

I dont doubt Coach Ross is a good coach... I do question his theory in scheduling games especially with the quality of teams that he has had the last couple of years... I am pretty sure that your sources do not have all of their facts about the so called meeting... Got to be a meetiing scheduled before you can meet, dont you think... Yes I am referring to JoByrns, I am not sure why he felt the need to jump into the middle of something that he definately would have nothing to do with besides casting one vote...