Forrest and Summertown

Summertown led big pretty much the whole game. No need to foul. How many of Forrests 28 fouls were intentional to stop a fast break (lot of steals) or during the last 3 or 4 minutes of the game?

Sounds like Forrest did everything they could. I was floored when they beat Collinwood. Collinwood is a great team.

10 or 12 points . . . maybe the refs beat you.

26 points . . . you just got beat.

825597674[/snapback]

Let me see if you go to the foul line 43 times in a game and win by 26....We hung with you until the refereeing go so bad and 2 of our best players had 3 fouls. And we beat Collinwood because we were able to play as they were. Summertown is a good team but not 26 points better than us on any fair night.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me see if you go to the foul line 43 times in a game and win by 26....We hung with you until the refereeing go so bad and 2 of our best players had 3 fouls.  And we beat Collinwood because we were able to play as they were.  Summertown is a good team but not 26 points better than us on any fair night.

825597702[/snapback]

Summertown had a 40 (foul shots) to 0 game against Perry County and only lost by 6.

But you lost and it did make a difference that the ref called that many fouls against you. Right?

825597749[/snapback]

Right. But if had been a 26 point game. No.

Dont misunderstand. It sounds like you guys have a great young team. I didnt get to see them play, but the broadcast of last nights and tonights games convinced me. But, loosing by 26 to a team that should have beat you by that much doesnt constitute a conspiracy.

Rise above the rest of 11A and accept it and come back next year and be a better team.

Congrats to Summertown. You are awesome. Good luck tomorrow. Both you and Wayne County appear to be hitting on all cylinders. You are positively a favorite tomorrow. But Wayne County appears to be hungry. Win or Lose tomorrow, you are by far the best team I have seen since my kids played at Lauderdale County. I would have liked to have seen this year's Summertown team play our 2000 to 2002 Lauderdale County teams. Talk about a fast pace game, that would have been one for the ages. Good luck and keep winning after tomorrow. I would like to see you or Wayne County win it all. God bless.

This was the worst officiated highschool b-ball game i have ever witnessed. Forrest was taken out of the game by the ref s by the 2nd min of the 2nd quarter. 10 to 8 end of 1st.

The fouls were very lopsided. In the 1st half 11 to 5 and in the srcond half 17 to 5. Forrest never went into foul mode and never pressed. In fact they played zone most of the game. S town shot 48 freethrows to Forrest 3, and Stown was pressing?????? I dont understand why we cant get better refs for these tournaments. The district was pretty bad. I thought the region might be alittle better but I was very wrong. A Stown fan came up to me during the game and said they thought the refs were "Mugging" Forrest. Summertown has a great team and may have won anyway, but we will never know. Congrats to Stown and good luck the rest of the way. We will be watching. Thats the way the ball bounces sometime.. :blink:

Full court pressure is not too much for Forrest but lopsided refereeing is.  We have had teams in our face before.  Two of our best players had 3 fouls before halftime!

Come on you have a right to glory in your victory---you did win the game, but you did not win it alone!

Ptguard12 if you are out there what is your opinion of this game?  YOu really try to give unbiased reports.  I am curious what you thought of this fiasco and if you thought it was as bad as so many of us did..Again good luck to district 12 as they advance.

825597643[/snapback]

Well, I just got home from the games and here is what I think about this game. The refs, though they made some bad calls, did not cost Forrest this game. Forrest's turnovers hurt them more then anything. Alot of Forrest fouls came when they turned the ball over and then had to foul to stop the fast break. Couple those with the fouling towards the end of the game and that is why they were called for so many more fouls then Summertown. Now, I do think there was some blown calls that hurt Forrest a little, but it wasn't so much that it cost them the game. Summertown came out hot and stayed that way, while Forrest struggled alot more tonight then they did against Collinwood. This is probably because Summertown's defense is so much tougher then Collinwood's. In the end, the best team won, but Forrest has nothing to hang their heads about. They had a great season and their day will come, I guarantee it.

Sounds like every other possession Summertown has a player picking herself up off the floor (and the Forrest Fans cheer when one goes down) so it should probably be Forrest with a whole lot more fouls.

825597268[/snapback]

Sounds like and what hapened are two different things. Forrest girls where beat up and on the floor as much if not more than the Summertown girls. Summertown has a good team and didn't need any help. It would have been nice to see Forrest play without one arm tied behind their back. One foul in the 1st and one in the third.....they only jacked up the foul count against Summertown at the end of the half and the end of the game when it really didn't matter anymore. Don't want to take anything away from the girls or their coach they are both first class.

Good analysis ptguard12.

As you said, S'town came out hot & Forrest never knew what hit them. The press created multiple turnovers and hurried shots by Forrest. Most of the Forrest fouls were frustration fouls after turning the ball over or missing a shot. It just snowballed from there.

Forrest has a great young team that I expect to make plenty of noise in years to come.

Great job by the Lady Eagles tonight. Just hope Wayne Co. used up all their emotions on the win over PC tonight, so the Lady Eagles can get the Region title and the chance to host the Sub-State on Saturday night.

I think your missing the point. Forrest did foul in this game. They did turn the ball over. The problem comes in with the lack of fouls call on Summertown. In the first half a Summertown player literally tackled a Forrest player at mid court... no foul called. Forrest fans are great fans and don't turn ugly. Just ask the crew that officiated the boys game right afterward...same crowd different results. The officals took Forrest out of this game early. They couldn't press because of the foul situation. We gave the coach a standing ovation for finally getting "T" ed up. He should have really gotten in their faces though. Summertown may have won anyway. We have a young team. But we will never know. The officals made sure of that. :unsure:

Edited by Vultor

Right. But if had been a 26 point game. No.

Dont misunderstand. It sounds like you guys have a great young team. I didnt get to see them play, but the broadcast of last nights and tonights games convinced me. But, loosing by 26 to a team that should have beat you by that much doesnt constitute a conspiracy.

Rise above the rest of 11A and accept it and come back next year and be a better team.

825597771[/snapback]

Rise above the rest of 11A??

11A will miss the schools that will move to another district, and we wish them great success. I do not choose to believe that you and your pompass attitude, represents all of 12A, or at least I hope not. Have you forgotten it's a game ?? There were NO shoe deals, NO legal money crossing hands, just a hope that a college see's a outstanding player(players) and allows them to go another level alittle longer.

And I can guarantee as many 11A girls as 12A girls WILL receive that opportunity, win or lose.. bottomline.

Pressure, some can handle it and some can't. Summertown plays great D pressure well disciplined D, BUT it was that pressure offense that shell shocked the Rockets. I have listened to the forrest hype all season and there is no doubt your a talented club but, you have trouble admitting there are teams better than you. You played a more athletic, better shooting, more experienced, and well coached team and got beat blame the refs, blame who ever you got beat by almost 30 points. Someone from Summertown pointed out the close lose to Perry Co. and unequal foul calling. How many of your close games did you hold a definite advantage in foul shooting I don't know just wandering. If you did, in any of those games win a close one from the line ( shot at least 10 more than your opponent ) I don't recall you getting on here and thanking the refs for the help. Looked like the better team won, sorry your ego got bruised. You can repair it next year beating up on that tough new district next year.