Waverly vs. Giles Co.

afan1222

It is amazing that everyone is concerned about an overrated and lazy player like Tyler Smith. Smith has some great talent, however, it will never be utilized until he realizes that basketball is more than dunks and being the best thing in Pulaski since Sun Drop. Sure, Smith is good but I've seen the greats in this area and he is not in the top 10, much less, comparable to Lebron. He couldn't hold Ron Mercer's jock, never could matchup with Marcus Maybin, Hayslip, Vincent Yarbrough....need I go on. They beat Waverly...that is true. My question is this: Are you proud to beat a team that has no college signees and very little hype, with the so called next Lebron by a few points? Well, if that is the case then good luck with a better Humbolt squad. Not hating on Giles because they are fun to watch, but it is just amazing at the basketball ignorance shown by a few on this thread. Also, the 40 year olds waving their keys at a bunch of 17 year olds having a good time supporting their team......classy. Enjoy the region championship because that will be as far as GC goes. I'M OUT

William H. Bonnie

KING REX

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Say what you will Big Cat, but the fact is, your team is sitting at home, and your only other 10AA hope got beat tonight, and will be on the road to face the best team in AA basketball! End of story!

I mean, why make excuses when you win? I think you put it best when you predicted Wavo to lose to Bolivar and Giles to proceed to Murfreesboro! There's no need in saying anything else if you've just beaten a team that was supposed to pull a miracle win out of a hat tonight, and now everyone forecasts you making a state tournament appearance.

I do like the fact that Giles County was able to win with a team effort tonight. It proves that Tyler can have a below average night, and his team still finds a way to win; the one thing that everyone said Giles was incapable of doing. Everyone likes to talk about the state championship team where it seemed that a player would step up every night, and I feel like that's what happened here.Props to the role players! Tyler has proven that he can step up when he needs to, and he will!

I most certainly will not give props to a team that talked as much trash as Wavo did, and then didn't back it up with a win! Second is the first loser, as will be proven Monday night.

By the way afan, I believe Giles covered the spread, YET AGAIN! I think we could settle up with a trip to the store! I mean, it is my birthday!

LEBRON WHO?

Edited by willyp6

King Rex (Wow! That's a heck of an ego you have there!), Tyler does not only play in Pulaski! He goes to the most elite camps, and plays for NATIONAL championships on his AAU team, year round. I, personally, would take him over sun drop anyday!

He was Co-MVP at ADIDAS camp in Atlanta this past summer! I don't think he really cares about any of the players that you mentioned, because he is making his own name in the present, and not worried about whom he is better or not better than!

As for the "LEBRON WHO?" at the end of my posts, it is not a comparison to T. Smith. I just am not a big fan of "The Next Jordan"! That's all! OK, I also enjoy p-ing people, like you, off with it (believe me, catfish hates it!).

Also, you sound like a rapper with the "I'M OUT" at the end your posts! Keep that going, because it really works for you!

LEBRON WHO?

Edited by willyp6

Catfish are you a homophob??? You sure do fantasize alot about men asking other men to the prom. What kind of sick little world do you live in? Is it not enough that Giles beat the best teams your region could throw at them and they won each game by double digits. Let me ask you one thing...what is the difference between a 10 point win and a 30 point win??? The answer is nothing...your almight Waverly Tigers are going to the Bolivar where it will be impossible for you guys to keep the game in the gym. Willie Kemp will take your Super Hero Ricco Ralston to the rack at will. Why don't you let all of us on CoachT know what the long ride back home from Bolivar feels like on Monday night.

I wasn't at the game, but looking at the box scores, what happened to all the Giles fans saying that they was going to shut Ricco down? To the wavo fans, where is he going to school at?

825601021[/snapback]

Obviously it doesnt matter if we shut Ricco down because if you look at that box score a little closer it says GILES 60-WAVERLY 49, and thats all that really matters :rolleyes:

Well, Tigers played a great game.  I cant say enough about each player. Everyone played ball.  You all were given a talent and have praticed and worked, and it showed ya'll can play with whoever you want to.  I am PROUD of you Tigers. The game could have easily went either way, but its over now.  Giles Co. is over-rated or people have Under-rated The Tigers. Ask me, its alittle of both.  Rest up Tigers we head to Boliver next.

825600949[/snapback]

Cry me a river!! Now who sound sweet!! LOL LOL LOL LOL

I sat right behind the Waverly fan section last night. I have never heard so much whining and complaining about the refs ans so on. The fans had no clue what they were talking about. anyway........Tyler smith had a bad game shooting. He usually makes most of those he shot. but coffey and the rest of the team stepped up and thats why Giles will go pretty far. Giles has been playing as a team lately. waverly is just a 1 man team but the guy is good.