MLK vs. Upperman

minime01873

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sad right now. I just got back from the dr. with a severe throat infection and will not be able to make the game tonight. :P

Does anybody know if there is any radio station out there broadcasting this game? Even if it's an AM Upperman station, I may be able to pick it up if I go sit out in my car.

I hope to be recovered enough to make the drive tomorrow night though to see yet another MLK / DL matchup!

GO MIGHTY ROYALS!!!

Can I have some stats on the game, please? It is obvious that MLK won. I do not understand what hotgolfer38562 was thinkin' in even thinking that Upperman would have a chance in the game. I do not want to talk any trash. But I would like to know some stats about the game and what Doc did. Why was Upperman allowed to score so many points?

If a team has a decent game then they can score points on MLK...Station Camp but up 50 against them and the next time they were beating them at halftime and lost the lead for good with 30 seconds left in the 3rd. MLK is a great team this year and I think they have a good shot at winning a state championship....my only question is can the beat Raleigh and Mitchell and some of the memphis teams who handed them their losses early in the season?

Its a combination of great coaching and better athletes because they are more kids to pick from. 7AA will never be able to compete with 8AA on any kind of consistant basis. As you all seen during the region tournament, It will take a special team from 7AA just to make it to region finals, much less winning it. Of course with 8AA losing a lot of their teams that are in the district to reclassification next year, who knows, but the way it is right now there is no way 7AA can survive against that district.

If a team has a decent game then they can score points on MLK...Station Camp but up 50 against them and the next time they were beating them at halftime and lost the lead for good with 30 seconds left in the 3rd.  MLK is a great team this year and I think they have a good shot at winning a state championship....my only question is can the beat Raleigh and Mitchell and some of the memphis teams who handed them their losses early in the season?

825600703[/snapback]

I think that any team in 8AA had to have more than just a decent game to put up points on the Royals. MLK had by far the best AA team in the mid-state this year. Better athletes, better inside presence, better outside presense, better defense... NOBODY COULD MATCH-UP... To say that a team just has to play decent to hang with MLK is a joke, and you should know that from experience... The only teams that will give us a challenge is the teams we will meet in the Boro... I can't wait to finally get some real competition!

BIG BEN

I think that any team in 8AA had to have more than just a decent game to put up points on the Royals.  MLK had by far the best AA team in the mid-state this year.  Better athletes, better inside presence, better outside presense, better defense... NOBODY COULD MATCH-UP... To say that a team just has to play decent to hang with MLK is a joke, and you should know that from experience... The only teams that will give us a challenge is the teams we will meet in the Boro... I can't wait to finally get some real competition!

BIG BEN

825602043[/snapback]

What about the substate,did they not lose to these teams early in the year?

I think that any team in 8AA had to have more than just a decent game to put up points on the Royals.  MLK had by far the best AA team in the mid-state this year.  Better athletes, better inside presence, better outside presense, better defense... NOBODY COULD MATCH-UP... To say that a team just has to play decent to hang with MLK is a joke, and you should know that from experience... The only teams that will give us a challenge is the teams we will meet in the Boro... I can't wait to finally get some real competition!

BIG BEN

825602043[/snapback]

mlk only beat greenbreir by 11 and 5 points