Best Coaches

WJBDEVILS

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Knoxville area my top 3 coaches would be Tommy Pharr, Clark Wormsley, and Robbie Howard. All 3 are excellent coaches, run top notch programs, and are first class individuals! Their overall records speak for them BUT their former players can tell you even more. I just wonder how long Coach Pharr will stay at Farragut.

825607784[/snapback]

I'm wondering that too....after so many state titles it gets boring! Well ok, maybe not boring, but I think he could coach at the next level!

Clark and Bridges and Ceary the best I've seen

825613139[/snapback]

Don't disgrace the profession of coaching by mentioning Clark and Bridges in the same breath. What a joke. That's like comparing the starting quarterback to the kid running out to fetch the ball from the referee.

Church Hill Middle School has a very good head coach, Johnny Cloud, who assisted Ken Campbell for 10 years at ETSU and a very good teacher of the game. It is no coincidence that Volunteer has had a run of good seasons lately. They also have some knucklehead for an assistant, whose name slips my mind right now. :D

Edited by Falconbaseballbacker

Spear you must be one of the most negitive person around I bet your family don't even like you . Every time someone post about Coach Bridges you get on here and post something negitive nobody wants to hear you jealous remarks. He may put on a show sometimes ,but I guantee that he has forgot more about baseball than you will ever know. If you want to bring that attitude to the field come on.

Or maybe I'm from Ripley, who obviously doesn't know what sound coaching is because they've let a clown run their circus for the last 6 or 7 years.

825614503[/snapback]

You must really hate this guy. Don't get on here and bash him cause you do not like the guy. This thread was for opinions about coaches and their record .And the way it looks he has a pretty good darn record.

This is AWFUL to respond to a baseball board ! Joe Bridges is an average coach whois a good talker.At least 150 of his "wins" came in the 2nd game of doubleheaders where he was supposed to play a "jv' game but instead left his starters in to pad his record!! The best high-school baseball coach around is Mike James @ Lawrence Co.