Best Coaches

WJBDEVILS

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played for coach Scott Hunt. He is a great coach who really does a lot for his players. He goes the extra mile to help promote players and develop them. He was a great motivator. Sometimes he could make you so angry, but then realize what he is trying to do. He demanded the players take care of details like working on the field, looking the right way in how we dressed, and what we did in the classroom. He made Lebanon very competitive when he was there. He is just an assistant now at Gallatin High, but he will always be a great coach to me. He is also a great man that I will always respect. I know he got a rough deal in Lebanon and in Coookeville. Any word on how Coach Hunt is doing?

I played for coach Scott Hunt. He is a great coach who really does a lot for his players. He goes the extra mile to help promote players and develop them. He was a great motivator. Sometimes he could make you so angry, but then realize what he is trying to do. He demanded the players take care of details like working on the field, looking the right way in how we dressed, and what we did in the classroom. He made Lebanon very competitive when he was there. He is just an assistant now at Gallatin High, but he will always be a great coach to me. He is also a great man that I will always respect. I know he got a rough deal in Lebanon and in Coookeville. Any word on how Coach Hunt is doing?

825609247[/snapback]

He was spotted on the field at CU during a bench clearing incident and this may only be a rumor, but he might have been arrested. Coach Woody Hunt was trying to get him off the field. CSI took a picture from a Mars orbiter that identified the reflection from his head. He was in transit to San Quentin early this morning.

Mike Ritz- Dobyns-Bennett, over 700 wins with two state championships (at Sullivan North) and three state runner-up finishes.

Charlie Baxter- Back at the helm of Unicoi County.  4 state titles in his first tour.  Won one title as head softball coach at UC.

825602691[/snapback]

I don't see how Baxter can be overlooked as being one of the absolute best in Tennesse history.

Hey ###### oh I mean spear Mike Ritz, Dobyns-Bennett 743-292 + still coaching

Ketron (140-73), Sullivan North (113-49) DB (490-170)

Phil Clark, Skyview/G'town/Bart. 653-207 + still coaching

Jerry Mathis, Tullahoma 615-? retired State title

Joe Bridges, Ripley/Adamsville 599-307 + still coaching

Charlie Baxter, Unicoi County 591-175 4 State Titles

George Holt, White Station 584-223-3 34 years ret.

Eddie Bassham, Mt. Pleasant 412-202 + '03 + '04

Pat Swallows, Livingston Acad. 409-286 + '03 +'04

Donald Williams, Hardin County 381-226 retired

Nick Waggoner, Brentwood 375-243 to present

A.C. Williams, Ridgeway 333-132 retired

John McNeal, Friendship Christ. 329-135 to present

Jimmy Carey, USJ 239-79 retired

Jeff Forehand, Goodpasture 205-80

r look at this

Edited by timbertalker

Hey ###### oh I mean spear                                                                Mike Ritz, Dobyns-Bennett 743-292 +    still coaching

Ketron (140-73), Sullivan North (113-49)  DB (490-170)

Phil Clark, Skyview/G'town/Bart. 653-207 +    still coaching

Jerry Mathis, Tullahoma 615-?                retired  State title

Joe Bridges, Ripley/Adamsville 599-307 +    still coaching

Charlie Baxter, Unicoi County 591-175          4  State Titles

George Holt, White Station 584-223-3        34 years  ret.

Eddie Bassham, Mt. Pleasant 412-202 + '03 + '04

Pat Swallows, Livingston Acad. 409-286 + '03 +'04

Donald Williams, Hardin County 381-226  retired

Nick Waggoner, Brentwood 375-243 to present

A.C. Williams, Ridgeway 333-132  retired

John McNeal, Friendship Christ. 329-135 to present

Jimmy Carey, USJ 239-79  retired

Jeff Forehand, Goodpasture 205-80

r look at this

825611522[/snapback]

I've seen coach Bridges in action for years, even when he was at Adamsville, and there is one thing for sure. When his team is winning he is Mr. positive, but when his team is losing he turns into the whiner, that is not what I call coaching. Since this thread is suppose to adress the best coaches, I think you can move your boy to the biggest whiner thread. It suits him a whole lot better.