Science Hill/ TN high round 4

shtopper05

first off, who cuts down the nets after a regional championship win?? that was the gayest thing ive ever seen...SWEET, you are going nowhere at state if you even win on monday.

and about the refs, how are you gonna say they werent up your #### the whole game, those refs were AWFUL...im not blaming the game on them, but they were the worst refs ive seen in a long time.

you all have no depth...while shaud and terrill are good players and "goose" is a good rebounder, and that other guy can make the occasional 3, thats all you got...when terrill and shaud are on, thats the only way you stay in it close...the only reason we didnt blow you out all year is you did a good job of stopping omar...good luck but stop talking trash on here, when we are 3-1 against you this year, and you only played once in the palace...

all i got to say is: savor this win, cause its the only one you will get against us for the next 2 years at least.

and good luck at substate and state- your gonna need it.

825603356[/snapback]

we got the one that counts...you all enjoy blaming the refs, it was your coaches fault you all lost...we dont give a rats "A$$" if you hold the ball, that plays right into the hands of our "lack of depth"...but lets think about this...the greatest teams in college basketball, some go more than 7 deep, some six, like the duke blue devils, who are doing what we are now...and that is playing with heart, and winning with it, even if only 6 of us go out night in and night out and tke care of business...we are mentally tough, and physically tough as we have proven...thank your coach for resting us, and you all have a nice drive to oak ridge, while we walk to our locker room after school on monday...and you must not watch basketball if you think those refs were up ours the whole night...sounds like you need to dry your tears and get over it...we beat you, maybe once, but we beat you when there was most on the line, say what you want, but we got what counted...and because we won, we have the easier substate game, and the easier side of the state tournament bracket, which lacks both northsaide and fairley...which you dominators will have to go through at least one of them lol...we will be happy to reap these benefits baby...viking pride

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it with Topper fans always blaming the refs. Just face it that we beat you. Clinton will be a tough game sounds like theyve got some shooters but weve faced good shooting teams before. Gomab has us losing again just like he had Science Hill beating Greeneville in the championship of region 1. Good call on that one gomab. I heard Clinton has a good press but im sure its no better than science Hills. I didnt think Science Hill would such babies finally losing to us but they are. And you all talk way more trash on here than we do.

Tennessee High Vikings-2005 Region Champs

Alright...I'll give it to you...yall beat us straight up, ya'll played alright last night, we didn't play so well, part of it was because of your defense, Omar and Michael were not playing very well, bad shooting from the perimeter, the refs were pretty bad, but they were pretty bad both ways...you keep on talking about how we lost the one that counts, no we didn't, yea you won district 1, thats not gonna matter now, we both go to sub-state and play good teams, so now its a matter of who can win against teams they don't know how to play against very well. and as for the holding the it whole first overtime, i don't know that i agree with it, but its the same game that tennessee high has been playing all year against teams, holding it when they're ahead in the third and fouth quarter keeping it out of the other teams hands, now we're both guilty of that, but now we'll just have to see what happens at sub-state, and hopefully at state as well, a team from east tennessee hasnt gotten to the championship game since 2002 when science hill lost to white station, hopefully one of us will be state champs this year

1-3 against SH Viking fans that's all I have to say. You guys got real lucky last night and you know it. Funny it took you double ot to FINALLY beat us. You will not make it to state. Hope you enjoyed the win last night, last one you'll have this season. Bet me.

Did anyone ever tell you guys that you have the most redneck parents on the earth? Seriously. The parents of THS students and players define the word redneck. Type of people you see on Springer...go to a TH game and check it out if you don't believe me. Clinton you'll get to see soon. It'll make you laugh.

yea i have to give it to you too...as much as it hurts to say this, you definately played better, maybe even smarter than us yesterday. you did a great job of stopping omar, and made it real tough for us to get past your zone...i also dont really agree with the holding the ball for all of OT, all for an off-balance shot at the buzzer, and you all did a good job of coming back in the 2nd OT. as far as the refs go, they were awful, but like i said before, im not blaming them for the game...good luck in the next few games though...im thinking that Clinton is gonna bring you all down to the wire and Science Hill is definately gonna have a hard time playing at Oak Ridge, but like we've seen last night, anyone can win...im just hoping either you or us can go to state and shut up the teams from the west, like its been said before on here, we hate each other around here, but we all like to see statewide recognition of the talent in east tennessee...so good luck in the next games to Science Hill and Tennessee High.

Talk all you want vikings. clinton will come into the ship or whatever and beat you on monday. I am originally from johnson city and can tell Science Hill that you better be ready to play monday or you will go home sad.

825603635[/snapback]

clinton iss going to be a really tough game for us...i just watched the film of their game against maryville, and they are excellent athletes...athletes that look like they are not well coached, but thats just from what i can tell by watching... i am not criticizing them, because i know they have tremendous individual skill, and that is clear...but one thing is for sure, they will not be able to defend our post presence, between goose terrill and dodd, we will eat them alive inside...it will come down to us playing defense...which has been our strongpoint all year...all of you toppers so quick to say we wont move on...you know how good we can play, so why dont you give us some credit...shtopper5 has a little bit, but surfer punk is a yellow dog topper, who will give no crediot to anyone...we will have as good of chance as anyone to win games and head to the boro...you all will see

Edited by vikingpride34

Talk all you want vikings. clinton will come into the ship or whatever and beat you on monday. I am originally from johnson city and can tell Science Hill that you better be ready to play monday or you will go home sad.

825603635[/snapback]

and as for shhs, they are a great team nd i bewlieve, a a viking, that they will get past oak ridge, even at oak ridge, the toppers are well disciplined and hardly beat themselves...i believe they will move on and get the oppurtunity to play against, arguably, one of the two best teams in the tourney(Fairley and Northside)...im not too stubborn to give credit where it is due...viking pride

and as for shhs, they are a great team nd i bewlieve, a a viking, that they will get past oak ridge, even at oak ridge, the toppers are well disciplined and hardly beat themselves...i believe they will move on and get the oppurtunity to play against, arguably, one of the two best teams in the tourney(Fairley and Northside)...im not too stubborn to give credit where it is due...viking pride

825603666[/snapback]

Oak Ridge is real tough, excellent shooters, good bangers inside as well. Deshaud better be ready to not be the fastest guard if he wants to win against clinton. Whitt and Dye can both move and shoot. Tough press too. I'd say less disciplined but quicker than Science Hill on the press.

Oak Ridge is real tough, excellent shooters, good bangers inside as well.  Deshaud better be ready to not be the fastest guard if he wants to win against clinton.  Whitt and Dye can both move and shoot.  Tough press too.  I'd say less disciplined but quicker than Science Hill on the press.

825603674[/snapback]

yea broadway you are correct...shaud wont be the quickest, but he wont be the slowest either...i think he will rise to the occasion, and mayube a win monday will gain him a little mroe respect and some recognition...that all remains to be seen...

clintons press is very active, but very, very, undisciplined...one or two passes can break it, and the long ball is available...we are very good at handling a press, and are very good at not beating ourselves...i think it will come down to which team gets up early and makes the other play their game...it will be a great game

Clinton has won 10 district regular season and/or tournament titles, 3 region titles, and made two state tournament appearances in the last 8 years. They return to the substate this year after losing three players who are playing college ball; and they returned two starters. Yet, someone wants to say they are undisciplined and not well-coached??

Some teams prefer zone presses; some prefer different styles of pressing to achieve their goals.

Just because someone's style of play differs from another team is no reason to tear down the opponent. I'm not sure when Clinton became the mecca of athleticism; I guess it ranks right up there with Memphis, Nashville, etc ??? (sarcasm). I also guess that this success is directly correlated to Clinton not being prepared to play?? (again, sarcasm)

To each their own.

Edited by marcvols

I would expect both Science Hill and Tn High to advance to the State Tourny.

As averagae as the DB Indians were this year, they still went 4-0 against Knoxville area teams. Beating Oak Ridge, Karns, Bearden and Knox Central. Not playing Clinton, but Clinton did lose 3 of 4 to the Wildcats. Looking at Clinton's schedule and results though, it looks like they really started clicking the last 6 weeks.

Good luck to the Toppers and the Vikings.