District 7a?

"Think monterey's is better" are you kiddin me.  I don't guess you have seen Monterey's this year.  Who doesn't have a better field than RBS, HS would be the only one to come to mind.  There's no excuse for the condition that RBS's field was in when I seen it earlier in the year.  Rain or not, you can't just throw a little sand on the wet spots and yell play ball.....

825661757[/snapback]

Do you still have to run up hill,to get a ball in left field at Monterey,hey if you don,t want to come to R.B.S. and play ,stay home.

welcome to the Hole and good luck.

Edited by muffin

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look guys i hear all your concerns, some of them will be address about the two buses. I will talk to the law enforcement make sure that every bus can get out of there safe, THE KIDS SAFTEY COMES FIRST BASEBALL COMES SECOND. Now about the playing condition,yes the field was to wet when we played montery but me and coach loop agree to play it becaues of all the rain outs that we where getting in too.He told me the other day this was the worse season that he has come across wheather wise since 1991.There is no field can with stand the rain that has occured this year. We have add 2000 pounds of mule mix conditioner after yall played here, the field is in much better condition then has been in the past. parking will be no factor. So come guys lets play ball and quit talking about the field. The way i see it montery does not have to even blink about this tourment yall have three very good pitcher and with coach loop as your coach yall will be just fine. So good luck to everybody in the district.

Edited by tenn-boy

When yall come down here to RBS It had just got done raining hard I believe the day before and it was really wet...But it was agreed be played...Now the field was really slippery and muddy as any field is when it gets a ton of rain...and noone then was complaining about the safety of the field...Now it comes tournament time and You have to travel somewhere other than Monterey to play it, so there is now a safety problem...When our field is dried up it's usually a decent playing surface...

I've never heard anyone before this year complain about the safety of our field until this year...wander why that is?????

When yall come down here to RBS It had just got done raining hard I believe the day before and it was really wet...But it was agreed be played...Now the field was really slippery and muddy as any field is when it gets a ton of rain...and noone then was complaining about the safety of the field...Now it comes tournament time and You have to travel somewhere other than Monterey to play it, so there is now a safety problem...When our field is dried up it's usually a decent playing surface...

I've never heard anyone before this year complain about the safety of our field until this year...wander why that is?????

825661957[/snapback]

That's because then there were only two teams playing and not near as much traffic. During the tournaments there will be 4 teams and a LOT more traffic going in and out. That's what people are concerned with.Not the field as much.

Edited by J-Dawg

What in the world is going on here? I thought this was a Baseball Board, not a whiners board! Let me address a few things, RBS's field is one of the best fields in the district without the rain, but it doesnt drain water very well so when it rains, yes it is a mess, but any other time, it is one of the nicest not only in the district but in the region and Elrod and Swoner have worked very hard to get that field in the shape it is in today and keep it that way! As for the road, this just sounds like an excuse to not have to come to RBS, well you better be happy that they are letting it be played at RBS, because if not you would probably have to travel the extra miles on up to Lafayette and play where RBS used to play there home games! BTW I have played ball and watched ball down there all my life and I have seen 8-10 TBall, 8-10 LL, 8-10 Girls SBall Teams down at that field at one time with the Jamborees going on, and there has never been a problem and I guarantee you by the time you factor in 11-12 kids on each of theses teams and family and friends there to watch, this tournament will not bring half that many people at one time, so lets not worry about the road, the parking, or the field, because I sure all theses things have already been addressed and RBS is ready to host this tourney! Besides according to some of the earlier post I have read, this should be a cakewalk for Monterey, so dont whine and just play and most important, HAVE FUN! thumb

Good Luck to all the teams and I was wondering if someone could post a schedule of the tourney? Thanks!

Edited by gotmilk?

you know ireally dont care were it is played iam just glad to be able to do so but there is no reason to dogg our field on top of that we played red boiling at thier field in 3 inches of mudd so how can u say your field is better than ours please thumb

you know ireally dont care were it is played iam  just glad to be able to do so but there is no reason to dogg our field on top of that we played red boiling at thier  field in 3 inches of mudd so how can u say your field is better than ours please thumb

825662616[/snapback]

Noone said anything about being better than your's...he said one of the nicest w/o rain...and when you played us Me and 3 or4 other people spent all day getting all the water off the field...But our field is a pretty good field when it is dried up down there...and I've saw those tball, little league games, and jamborees that has been played down there; i've even played in a few, and never heard anyone complain about it...

I don't think buses had to come down that road for tball tournaments did they??? Didn't think so..... Try raking the field this time instead of just throwing sand on standing water.. If you worked on that field all day then you need to learn how a field should be worked on.. Enough bickering, me included. I guess you guys do all that you can with the tools and field you have....

GOODNESS!!!!!! What a bunch of whiny babies!!!!!!! Sounds like sour grapes to me. So you gotta go to another field and play... big whoopie deal... get over it!!!!! I have never heard such whining in my life.

District 7A has some great teams and sportsmanship.. or so I thought (maybe not Huh?) Just play ball and act like teenagers and not 4 year olds bickering in the sand box.

Good luck to EVERYONE!!!!!! :P

Playing the district tourny on that field is a travesty in itself much less the "Trail of Tears" leading in and out of there...  You have a valid point there muttman!  Could and probably will be a problem for fans, buses and even bigger problem in case of emergency..

I hope that some work has been done to the field, dugouts and facilities.  Give me 3 bases, a home plate, pitching rubber, dirt for a mound, two rakes, a tamp, chalk, 10lbs of hamburger meat, 4 dozen hotdogs, 18 2-liter cokes, box a snickers, ketchup, brown mustard and relish, grill, kingsford mosquite charcoal, and a porta-potty and 4 hours and 37minutes of work on a descent cow pasture and my field would look like Camden Yards compared to that one! :D

825661464[/snapback]

You know for you to have such a good coach with good sportsman like qualities, your sportsmanship could use some work. YOU HAVE NONE!!! :(