most home run hitters in one line-up

shut up and play

1.) I didn't even know that is was a coach that posted anything on here. I don't know anyone's user name nor do i care to.

2.) Don't take using Stanfill's name out of context. If you will look at the post that is more of a compliment than anything else because i said it came off of their ace. I do know that she won the State last year.

3.) That post about Riverdale and the scrimmage was just an illustration about the differences in class. Yeah, Riverdale beat CW (AA) but they haven't done so hot against a competetive Dickson Co. (AAA). Riverdale is the largest or second largest school in the state they ought to be able to pick nine out of that whole group that can beat anyone. I was complimenting Jelly and those girls anyway they always play close games when i see them.

4) The comment about Waverly i didn't mention anyone's name. All it was, was just a simple observation. I have also stated that Coach Webb is a good coach and that he might be able to generate a good team out of a rebuilding year after a big loss in the line-up with megan graduating.

5) this post was supposed to be about Home Run hitters and we are so far off that subject now it is rediculous.

6) the comment to topgame was because on a previous post they were rude with me. all i did was repeat my question not even trying to be a smart a$ and they popped back so i simply said my piece and dropped it. I have no hard feelings or anything. topgame is nothing more than a user name on a screen to me. I don't want to know who topgame really is. heck, i might know them already. but i want to keep it on the boards.

7) I am not a softball coach (but i did coach a fall league softball team) but i coach baseball (not even at Creek Wood). I just heard about them having that many girls who have hit home runs and wanted to know if that was a rare thing in fast pitch softball. No CW players to my knowledge even know that i am posting this. I follow baseball and softball pretty close and know a lot of players from a lot of different places is how i know of these girls. I'm out

Edited by shut up and play

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodpasture is loaded with home run hitters.  Their number eight hitter last year, Heather Purcell (a Junior this year) had six home runs.  Jamie Wamsley and Toni Hutchinson, both D1 signees also had six each.  Danielle Peroni, Natalie Weisenger, and Kristy Blain also hit multiple home runs.  That's six home run hitters in the starting lineup.  Also, a sub, Christina Wiley hit one last year.  The team hit close to 30 HR's on the way to their second straight title.

825609704[/snapback]

Heather Purcell is a great hitter. She plays for the Wild Things during summer ball and she is AMAZING! Shes a very disciplined hitter. Heather and her team mates are going to be great during season!!

You can chalk CW up with six girls in their line-up who have hit home-runs. Autumn Sensing belted her first homer Friday night. I guess that Goodpasture and Cw are the only two teams with five plus that have hit homers

825616420[/snapback]

You forgot Ryan and Brentwood. I believe there are five girls on these two teams that have hit it out if not this season then last season. Also you probably will have to add Riverdale. I might have to check on that. They have 4 or 5. I know I have only seen one hit out of the park this year from this team. I dont know of any from Brentwood this year. Ryan has already hit several out. Now if you just count preseason then I dont know of anyone. Of all the teams mentioned I think I am most impressed by Goodpastures hitters. They seem consistent and hard to pitch around. Even really great pitchers have to really work with them at the plate. That marks a team of truely GREAT hitters. I think the teams that will win state will have a team full of kids that have really worked in the offseason to prepare for the skilled pitchers with the good curves or rises or whatever. I would take a team that is able to single or double off of good pitching over and over, over a team that can hit long balls every once and a while any day.

I have to agree with sliding4home about Goodpasture being the elite of hitters.Riverdale also has some great hitters in Catalano and Jelli.there are others whose names I don't know.Beech' Stanfill has to be one of the best also.Wilson Central looked good over the weekend.

825616519[/snapback]

Soddy must have a set of elite hitters too as they defeated Goodpasture. I know West Wilson does although I dont know if I would place them as high as Goodpasture and Soddy.

From what I saw last weekend, Father Ryan's team launched the ball out of the park with regularity.  Looks like spending time with Eric Brewer is paying dividends to them.  We play them today.  I'm looking forward to watching their swings with great detail.

825601470[/snapback]

Ryan has been killing the ball this spring. But, there is a old saying - great pitching beats great hitting. In elimination play at the Commando Classic, Brentwood did not allow Ryan a single base-runner.

Please remember that modern bats play a HUGE role in hitting homeruns. It is hard to compare the extra distance the new Mikken, Anderson, Synergy bats will give to an average hitter compared to the bats we used 6-8 years ago. These bats will turn a normal "can of corn" pop fly ball into a home run.

Edited by speedkills9

you are right about the bats.another thing i am curious about is what is the biggets difference in the type of hitting taught at Club k and Eric Brewer? i think that he worked with the Xtreme Edge also.they always hit with alot of power.

825628083[/snapback]

Club K teaches linear hitting. Eric Brewer teaches Rotational hitting.

Ryan has been killing the ball this spring.  But, there is a old saying - great pitching beats great hitting.  In elimination play at the Commando Classic, Brentwood did not allow Ryan a single base-runner. 

Please remember that modern bats play a HUGE role in hitting homeruns.  It is hard to compare the extra distance the new Mikken, Anderson, Synergy bats will give to an average hitter compared to the bats we used 6-8 years ago.  These bats will turn a normal "can of corn" pop fly ball into a home run.

825628064[/snapback]

I dont think they had but one hit in two games against Riverdale either. Both games were shutouts.