WHO'S BETTER? TYLER SMITH OR RICCO RALSTON!

JUMP WIT ME!

he didnt do that much he just played dirty.  he couldnt take getting beaten down low by a sophomore so he had to take some cheap shots but thats ok #44 will take care or waverly next year

825606666[/snapback]

um yeah.... how much do you watch basketball? apparantly not to much cause thats is basically all post do is take cheap shots to get open and to defend. so maybe youll go to some more games and learn a little more about basketball..

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

um yeah.... how much do you watch basketball? apparantly not to much cause thats is basically all post do is take cheap shots to get open and to defend. so maybe youll go to some more games and learn a little more about basketball..

825606688[/snapback]

i played inside my since i was 10 i graduated a couple years ago and i think i know how to play down low kicking someone in their calf after they have torn it a few weeks earlier that is dirty stepping on someones foot pulling a jersey or something like that is playing hard inside i have forgotten more things about the game than you know so dont tell me how it is in the paint i played against some good players down low and they werent dirty.

How can Ricco be overrated when he is not even rated on any recruiting site? How do yall think Ricco even compares to Tyler? Maybe yall see something nobody else is does.

thumb

825606706[/snapback]

that is so true hercules we shouldnt even mention ricco with tylers name that is disgracing tyler in fact from now on i will refer to him as #22

i played inside my since i was 10 i graduated a couple years ago and i think i know how to play down low kicking someone in their calf after they have torn it a few weeks earlier that is dirty stepping on someones foot pulling a jersey or something like that is playing hard inside i have forgotten more things about the game than you know so dont tell me how it is in the paint i played against some good players down low and they werent dirty.

825606715[/snapback]

so your sayin you never did something like that when you played???....RIGHT!!!

so your sayin you never did something like that when you played???....RIGHT!!!

825606732[/snapback]

i was man enough to play somebody straight up and if they got the best of me fine then good for them. the thing that really bothered me about #42 is the fact that he didnt shake anyones hand at the all region award presentation everyone else did why cant he. at least #22 did that much

How can Ricco be overrated when he is not even rated on any recruiting site? How do yall think Ricco even compares to Tyler? Maybe yall see something nobody else is does.

thumb

825606706[/snapback]

well the first thing you got to look at when you compare these two is their position, i mean there are many pg over the country, some better than ricco, but it is pretty rare to find someone who can play like smith and is as tall as he is....so gettin a scholarship or being ranked is a lot easier when you are about 7ft, than when you are a 6'6" pg, no matter how good you are.

well the first thing you got to look at when you compare these two is their position, i mean there are many pg over the country, some better than ricco, but it is pretty rare to find someone who can play like smith and is as tall as he is....so gettin a scholarship or being ranked is a lot easier when you are about 7ft, than when you are a 6'6" pg, no matter how good you are.

825606744[/snapback]

tyler is 6' 7". and i am not saying that ricco is not good because he is but he is not as good as tyler and tyler is taller but still he is extremely talented. and to say ricco outplayed tyler is crazy look who won how many assist did tyler have i bet at least 7 and at least 10 boards to go along with his 15 pts thats a solid night and he makes everyone else better. ricco is solid but he has a glaring weakness that everyone notices he cannot go left he will take two dribbles left handed then go back right is he had a better left he would be a lot better ball player

Guest catfish-hunter

This thread is a joke!!! According to the Giles County faithful, Tyler Smith is a guy who can consistently step outside and knock down 3-pointers. I'm sure that he did NOT do that at all last week, but that is because he had an off week. When Tyler wants to, he can dominate a bunch of 5'9 white boys, isn't that right Giles County faithful??? Tyler can take it to the hole and dunk on anyone. Just take a look at the infamous B. Wright facial video that the Giles County fans have been starting threads about for like 2 MONTHS now. Why don't I ever get to see videos about Tyler hitting long distance shots??? Why don't I get to see the video of Tyler Smith abusing Ryan Hollis this past Thursday night??? BECAUSE IT NEVER HAPPENED. Tyler is an athlete who can jump through the roof and make close range shots on a regular basis, however what happens when he sees a player that is just as athletic as he is??? What happens when teams decide to play a matchup zone against Tennessee next year??? Do you all expect for Tyler to step out and start nailing 20+ ft. jumpshots??? If you Giles County folks like wneely, tcross, bobcat93, willyp6, GCHS05, GCfan79, mas1821, and hercules99 think that he will be successful because of his outside shooting then you are DEAD WRONG. By January of 2006, Tennessee will be the same 'ole Tennessee on the harwood and all of this "Tyler Smith is gonna turn around the program" talk will be put to rest. Watson will be a senior next year, as will Patterson. Wingate will be counted on inside and Lofton will be one year more mature. Those are THE GUYS as far as next year's Tennessee men's basketball program are concerned. Tyler Smith has to be put in the category with the likes of Stanley Asumnu, Dane Bradshaw, and Jemere Hendrix. What I mean by that is that Tyler Smith will be a role player at best next year. Tyler will NOT have near the impact at Tennessee next year that Corey Brewer is having at Florida right now. WHY??? Corey Brewer is a complete player who can score in more ways than one and Brewer is also a much better defensive player than T-Smitty. Sorry if this post hurts your feelings Giles County faithful, but in life you sometimes learn that the truth does hurt thumb

i am not from giles but i can tell you tyler can consistantly hit the long range jumper and he can play inside he may not be an impact player next year at ut but give him a year and he will. and this crap about corey brewer he hasnt done anything there is a guy that plays on west end in nashville for the commodores who is better as a freshman his name is shane foster

Guest catfish-hunter
i am not from giles but i can tell you tyler can consistantly hit the long range jumper and he can play inside he may not be an impact player next year at ut but give him a year and he will.  and this crap about corey brewer he hasnt done anything there is a guy that plays on west end in nashville for the commodores who is better as a freshman his name is shane foster

825606788[/snapback]

Are you saying that you've actually seen Tyler hit long range jumpers OR are you just repeating what you have read on CoachT??? Brewer starts and is the best defender on a team that is NCAA BOUND. I doubt that Shane Foster can say the same.

Are you saying that you've actually seen Tyler hit long range jumpers OR are you just repeating what you have read on CoachT???  Brewer starts and is the best defender on a team that is NCAA BOUND.  I doubt that Shane Foster can say the same.

825606800[/snapback]

This has nothin to do with Smith or Ralston and should probably be on the College Hoops thread but Corey Brewer is one of the best defensive players ive seen this year and is just a freshman. Dickie V himself said that Brewer was the most impressive freshman he has seen this year.