Union City Tornadoes

Purple & Gold Standard

I think you have the score reversed. I talked with Coach Pratt and also someone in the "know" from Union City and I was told by both that the score was 2-1 in favor of Crockett Co. Anyway, Crockett did not have any of their Basketball players. With teams missing key players you can not really put much stock in spring scrimmages. I know that Lake Co. is looking forward to scrimmaging your Rebels in May. It is a possibility that the Falcons will be without 12 players who play baseball. 8 of those players are starters. It will give the younger guys some good work and experience but that is about all you can get out of spring with key players missing. As far as giving you any idea about the fall season very little can be concluded from spring ball, but hey it still is fun to speculate and have something to talk about until the season starts again.

I think you have the score reversed. I talked with Coach Pratt and also someone in the "know" from Union City and I was told by both that the score was 2-1 in favor of Crockett Co. Anyway, Crockett did not have any of their Basketball players. With teams missing key players you can not really put much stock in spring scrimmages. I know that Lake Co. is looking forward to scrimmaging your Rebels in May. It is a possibility that the Falcons will be without 12 players who play baseball. 8 of those players are starters. It will give the younger guys some good work and experience but that is about all you can get out of spring with key players missing. As far as giving you any idea about the fall season very little can be concluded from spring ball, but hey it still is fun to speculate and have something to talk about until the season starts again.

825603708[/snapback]

You may be right on the score of the Crockett scrimmage...That's just what I heard......I figured that the Cavs would have had some guys out playing basketball.....I also heard about the scrimmage with the Rebels in May...Lake Co should have their players back from baseball...OC has some guys playing baseball too(including the starting QB)..That's why they are going late,not to interfere with baseball.....I could talk football all year... :lol:

What is more fun than talking football all year?? I agree it will depend on how the baseball team does in the district tournament. It begins the weekend of the 5-7 the Scrimmage between LC and OCCHS is on Thursday the 12. So if they were able to make it out of the district we would not have them. It is tuff at every school but especially a single A school to have spring practice. When most of your athletes play 2 to 3 sports you must share and get your spring in when you can. If LC went early they would not have had the Basketball players which include all of their QB's. So if your going to go out for spring go why not go when you should have some nice weather.

You were right about the CC scrimmage...It was 2-1 Crockett Co..

UC and Camden played to a 2-2 tie....Although Camden's starters did own a 2-0 advantage....The UC reserves scored 2 TDs against the Lion reserves....

Much better showing by UC this spring...Look for this program to return to prominence with their move down to Single A this fall....

UC has got a good squad and should lay the smackdown on 1A this year. IMO, the only team that might give them any trouble will be McKenzie., but I still think that UC will win. They are physical and are coached solidly. Finally, Coach Fishel will have the team he wants. They have a long way to go, but with Fishel at the reins, I see them doing well.

I've read Drew Hayes has nobody to throw to and no sign of a running game so McKenzie may struggle.The team that will give Union City a fit is Lake Co.They return 21 starters from a team that went 8-3 last year.They will be deadly.

825618053[/snapback]

Man how times have changed at UC...In 2000 do you think Lake County would have been mentioned in the same breath with the 14-1 State runner-up Tornadoes??

Union City is getting ready to rise again; Lake County is returning to prominence; the Bruceton program will be back; McKenzie has the tools to be a force in Class A with or without a bevy of receivers; and I know South Fulton wants to put on a good show in its new stadium after a subpar year.

Class A won't be a cakewalk for anyone. In fact, there should be some exciting football west of the Tenn. River

OCCHSfan maybe not in 2000 but if you look back at the history of the schools Lake Co. has played well against UC. So maybe this game will become a good rivalry once again.

825619638[/snapback]

You are preaching to the choir my friend...I played for a 9-2 Union City team in 1983 that lost to Lake County in our home opener 7-0....Went many times to Tiptonville watching the Tornadoes and Falcons play....