Substate at Viking Hall

thsballa11

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The loudness won't bother them and shortage of home fans by comparison to home croud you will have.  But, I do expect a large tuirnout of Dragon fans to show.  The large arena may give them some trouble to adjust to.

What I want to know is can TH play a m-2-m D ?  Do they guard the perimeter well ?  Also, what is the primary way TH scores ?  In the paint ?

825603284[/snapback]

Tennessee High can play any defense they need to in order to get the ball stopped on the perimeter. They score all over the place, there is not one specific way they score.

Early on THS lived and die on the 3 ball, but as they have matured they've learned to drive and make the basket or dish it out for the long jumper and 3. Their 2-3 defense in one of the best in the state. They like to slow the tempo down and do a really good job doing. If Clinton can swing the ball fast enough and make the skip passes they can get open, that's about the only real weakeness in the D. Because Burns is aware of the good outside shooters he'll be preparing the guys for that and really working on keeping their hands up on the perimeter. They go to man 2 man when they need to and most of the time they do, they force turnovers. Shaud is all over the place tipping passes and the other guys are great at handling the ball.

What type of style does Clinton play? I know they have a lot of shooters, do they do much in the paint? Are they more uptempo?

The real weakness for THS is their depth more b/c of guys getting into foul trouble. They played most of the last of the SH game with two guys with 4 fouls and I think one or two with 3. If guys get into foul trouble early on it could create a big problem for THS.

The loudness won't bother them and shortage of home fans by comparison to home croud you will have.  But, I do expect a large tuirnout of Dragon fans to show.  The large arena may give them some trouble to adjust to.

What I want to know is can TH play a m-2-m D ?  Do they guard the perimeter well ?  Also, what is the primary way TH scores ?  In the paint ?

825603284[/snapback]

No no they can't play a man to man well, they havnt been able to all year, the only effective D they can play is zone, a 2-3 or box and 1, im sure they'll be playing 2-3 since they don't know clinton's team very well, im picking clinton in this one, only because the lack of depth on tennessee high's side, 2 main players, shaud johnson, and brian terrill, they have 5 players who play the whole game pretty much, and 1 that subs in every once in a while at most

No no they can't play a man to man well, they havnt been able to all year, the only effective D they can play is zone, a 2-3 or box and 1, im sure they'll be playing 2-3 since they don't know clinton's team very well, im picking clinton in this one, only because the lack of depth on tennessee high's side, 2 main players, shaud johnson, and brian terrill, they have 5 players who play the whole game pretty much, and 1 that subs in every once in a while at most

825603479[/snapback]

no, our man 2 man is not very good...because we never play it! why play something you dont need to...our 2-3 is stifling, so if it ain't borke, don't fix it...everyone looks at zones as a three point shooters dream defense...well not this one...after beating greeneville, our announcer spoke to the morristown west coach who said that hed never seen greeneville troubled so much by a zone, and had never seen a zone run so effectively....we will be prepared...viking pride

825603479[/snapback]

we can run more than jus a 2-3 we have a nice 1-3-1 and a awsome 3-2 i dont think that we will have truble getting out on shooters what we will have to do is stop penatration clintion dosent have any post action so that will limit the fauls on terrill and goose clintion also dosent pass much we watched them on film and it seemed that the guy that got a rebound was running down the floor and driving their press is a man but all of our players can handle that so i guess that you topper fans can come see the out come rather than drive to oak ridge

Clinton has the best guard combo I have seen this year. Dandrus Witt and Jonathon Dye are very good players. If Tn High has good guard play and some size they will give Clinton some problems. Oak Ridge hurt Clinton inside.

825605070[/snapback]

that is precisely what we do...our offense works inside out...terrill is a force inside...but not even as much as perhaps goose harmon...doesnt get much recognition... i know everyone thinks we only have two players on our team...but goose is a force on the offensiv boards and is persistant in his post moves as well...between terrill, goose, and dodd, we will work to wear out th undersized dragons, and slow down their running style of play...we will work our offensive inside out, giving them a balanced attack of inside power and outside jumpers...and we prolly have more defenses than any team in the state..which we all run effectively...we will keep them guessing on defense, which could help to hold them in check, since they have not seen us yet this year...a team like them, with their style of play, does not need to scout...but at ths with our lack of just pure talent, we can win games based on that...its always a team effort when we pull out our wins...and i think that will be the case tomorrow

Dragons with out a doubt!!! Tennessee High has pretty much all low scoring games(under 50). Clintons scoring abilities are amazing with all of their guards. And thsballa11 said that it is going to be loud because of THS student section, Clintons student section was ranked #1 last year and are even better. Loudness wont bother us a bit. But all I have left to say is that I will be at the game tommorow and pulling for the Dragons.

Dragons with out a doubt!!! Tennessee High has pretty much all low scoring games(under 50). Clintons scoring abilities are amazing with all of their guards. And thsballa11 said that it is going to be loud because of THS student section, Clintons student section was ranked #1 last year and are even better. Loudness wont bother us a bit. But all I have left to say is that I will be at the game tommorow and pulling for the Dragons.

825605845[/snapback]

The Dragons will be scratching their heads … dazed and confused at why they were barely able to reach double figures by the end of the first quarter! Defensive execution decides this game.

THS – 58

CHS - 52