Cleveland vs Mt. Juliet

No way Coach Moore should be coach of the year. She has by far the most talented team and didn't even win the district tournament. Now, I'm not saying she's not a good coach because she is- but to say coach of the year is a bit much. Cumberland's coach should be coach of the year in district and Mount Juliet's coach should be coach of the year in state. If Moore wants to earn coach of the year then win district and region next year without Rogers, Brett, and Burtnett (sp?). She'll have a chance with Simpson still in the lineup, but her status as a great coach will truly be determined next year, not this one.

825607055[/snapback]

The district tournament really doesn't matter(I don't even know why they have it). She won the region tournament, which mattered alot more than the district did. She also got a state berth, i do believe that Mt. Juliet's coach should be coach of the year in the state, but as far as district goes its up for grabs, if you go by records then give it to CCHS's coach , but other than that you gotta give it to Coach Moore as far as district goes, it really doesn't matter to me because the LADY RAIDERS ARE GOING TO STATE!!!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what do you guys think? Can Cleveland pull the upset?

825605112[/snapback]

Not if the Lady Bears play like they did Saturday night! As a matter of fact, NO ONE beats Mt. Juliet if they play like they did against the 33 - 1 Hillsboro team.

Being knocked off by Wilson Central earlier in the week only intensified Mt. Juliet's mission to get to State. They were dialed-in, playing up to the level that has achieved national attention. Without diminishing the individual efforts of any one player, MJ has truly excelled in TEAM play. These girls know one another and play as a unit. This has contributed greatly to their success. Another thing: very few teams have matched up physically with MJ. I noticed Hillsboro being visibly winded in the second half. I've observed this all year long with other opponents.

So...if MJ comes in with the attitude they had Saturday night, forget it.

Not if the Lady Bears play like they did Saturday night!  As a matter of fact, NO ONE beats Mt. Juliet if they play like they did against the 33 - 1 Hillsboro team.

Being knocked off by Wilson Central earlier in the week only intensified Mt. Juliet's mission to get to State.  They were dialed-in, playing up to the level that has achieved national attention.  Without diminishing the individual efforts of any one player, MJ has truly excelled in TEAM play.  These girls know one another and play as a unit.  This has contributed greatly to their success.  Another thing:  very few teams have matched up physically with MJ.  I noticed Hillsboro being visibly winded in the second half.  I've observed this all year long with other opponents.

So...if MJ comes in with the attitude they had Saturday night, forget it.

825607452[/snapback]

I think we will match up physically with MJ.

No way Coach Moore should be coach of the year. She has by far the most talented team and didn't even win the district tournament. Now, I'm not saying she's not a good coach because she is- but to say coach of the year is a bit much. Cumberland's coach should be coach of the year in district and Mount Juliet's coach should be coach of the year in state. If Moore wants to earn coach of the year then win district and region next year without Rogers, Brett, and Burtnett (sp?). She'll have a chance with Simpson still in the lineup, but her status as a great coach will truly be determined next year, not this one.

825607055[/snapback]

Yea she will still have a chane next year because she will still have Kerri Simpson and she will have Angie Wells who is a good player and she will have Michelle Smith who can shoot the 3 real real good and she will have Rachel Isom who is a very good player so she will still have some good players for next year but as for Coach of the Year no she has not got that yet but when they win state she will be able to be coach of the year

I think we will match up physically with MJ.

825607480[/snapback]

Physically, ummm...no way! Cleveland is a run and gun team! Mt. Juliet has two excellent posts in McFarlan and Clark. Burnett and whoever Coach Moore decides to put in the post are no match for these two. The only way Cleveland has a chance is if they guards are hitting their threes and the referees allow physical play underneath the basket. Mt. Juliet has the press breakers to slow the game down and physically wear your team out. We always played a special zone and jammed the hi-lo, but that depends solely on if the guards are hitting outside. If the wings are dropping threes, go ahead and start the bus. I'll say though, I've seen bigger upsets...and anything is possible in basketball.

Yea she will still have a chane next year because she will still have Kerri Simpson and she will have Angie Wells who is a good player and she will have Michelle Smith who can shoot the 3 real real good and she will have Rachel Isom who is a very good player so she will still have some good players for next year but as for Coach of the Year no she has not got that yet but when they win state she will be able to be coach of the year

825607688[/snapback]

and she will have 6'0 Michelle Davis, who has the potenial to be one of the best post players in the state.

Physically, ummm...no way! Cleveland is a run and gun team! Mt. Juliet has two excellent posts in McFarlan and Clark. Burnett and whoever Coach Moore decides to put in the post are no match for these two. The only way Cleveland has a chance is if they guards are hitting their threes and the referees allow physical play underneath the basket. Mt. Juliet has the press breakers to slow the game down and physically wear your team out. We always played a special zone and jammed the hi-lo, but that depends solely on if the guards are hitting outside. If the wings are dropping threes, go ahead and start the bus. I'll say though, I've seen bigger upsets...and anything is possible in basketball.

825607711[/snapback]

Coach will have the Lady Raiders ready, they have played a team bigger and possibly better than Mt. Juliet. It should be a great game