Soccer vs. Football

Keeper

I was talking to a bunch of guys the other day and soccer came up in the conversation. They all started laughing at us "foot-fairies". I was wondering what reasons you would give if asked why you like soccer. Personally one reason I like it is because the way the game flows so smoothly and every move isn't a set play like football. (I used to play football but I decided I liked soccer more, so don't accuse me of being one sided- to each his own)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it because I think it’s more competitive then other sports in my opinion. And as “keeper” poster earlier “the game flows so smoothly and every move isn't a set play like football”. I also believe that this is much better because it’s more of a team sport because you have to work together. This might not be the best reason, but I like the fact they are no time outs as well. But that’s some of the many reasons why I like soccer.

i play both football and soccer and there are pros and cons to each sport. the best thing about football is the closeness that exists between the players. i play both and i feel there was a closer bond between within the football team. im not sure the reason of this. but soccer is amazing because the importance of everyone playing their role. its harder for one dominant player to take over in soccer than in football. its hard to choose one sport over the other though

i play both football and soccer and there are pros and cons to each sport.  the best thing about football is the closeness that exists between the players.  i play both and i feel there was a closer bond between within the football team. im not sure the reason of this.  but soccer is amazing because the importance of everyone playing their role.  its harder for one dominant player to take over in soccer than in football. its hard to choose one sport over the other though

825606070[/snapback]

Closeness? :D:o yea they're close alright....way too much.

i play both football and soccer and there are pros and cons to each sport.  the best thing about football is the closeness that exists between the players.  i play both and i feel there was a closer bond between within the football team. im not sure the reason of this.  but soccer is amazing because the importance of everyone playing their role.  its harder for one dominant player to take over in soccer than in football. its hard to choose one sport over the other though

825606070[/snapback]

Like I said, I have played both soccer and football both for school and “club”, and I was surprised that you thought football team’s were closer. Our 18 man +/- soccer team is much closer that our seemingly 30 person football team. As a soccer team we share a brotherly love but it seemed sometimes all the football team shared was grunts. This could be reversed for your club or school though. I was being a bit facetious about the grunts, but you get my point.

i like soccer more than football because star football players are probably the most arrogant people on the planet and almost all football players are dumb as rocks and just as pretty

825606206[/snapback]

Nothing checks you out like football. It takes all 11 players to make the offense, defense, or special teams work. As for your comment about football players being dumb, you have no idea. In soccer all you have to do is chase a ball around and kick it. In football you must know what the play is and know how to run it. I know it takes good foot skill and agility to be good but it takes a mentally and physically tough person to put on the pads. Its is the closest thing to boot camp that any other sport. The good thing with both sport any any other sport is that it is a positive thing for kids to do with all the negative things that go on in the world today.

i like soccer more than football because star football players are probably the most arrogant people on the planet and almost all football players are dumb as rocks and just as pretty

825606206[/snapback]

That’s a pretty gross stereotype, but on some levels I can see your point. I think you would agree that some of the football jocks are very popular at school (a.k.a. good looking) and some others aren’t so blessed but that seems to be in most all sports.

825606206[/snapback]

Nothing checks you out like football. It takes all 11 players to make the offense, defense, or special teams work. As for your comment about football players being dumb, you have no idea. In soccer all you have to do is chase a ball around and kick it. In football you must know what the play is and know how to run it. I know it takes good foot skill and agility to be good but it takes a mentally and physically tough person to put on the pads. Its is the closest thing to boot camp that any other sport. The good thing with both sport and any other sport is that it is a positive thing for kids to do with all the negative things that go on in the world today.

Nothing checks you out like football.  It takes all 11 players to make the offense, defense, or special teams work.  As for your comment about football players being dumb, you have no idea.  In soccer all you have to do is chase a ball around and kick it.  In football you must know what the play is and know how to run it.  I know it takes good foot skill and agility to be good but it takes a mentally and physically tough person to put on the pads.  Its is the closest thing to boot camp that any other sport.  The good thing with both sport any any other sport is that it is a positive thing for kids to do with all the negative things that go on in the world today.

825606478[/snapback]

Oh man- don't get me started. Ok well for now lets just agree to disagree. But I do like your comment that any sport is better than idle hands (as the saying goes- they are the devils workshop…)