Soccer vs. Football

Keeper

I played football for the past 6 years.  I have played soccer for 2.  What sticks out the most to me is the level of intensity that soccer seems to lack.  Everyone jokes around and goofs off.  You don't realy see that with most football teams.  I love soccer but I believe it takes more of a man to play football.  Because you don't have 11 guys from the other team trying to rip your legs out everytime the ball is in play like in football.  The closest you can get to football in soccer is at the goalkeeper position.  And thats why I love playing keeper.

825609794[/snapback]

As far as level of intensity- maybe you aren't playing with/against the right teams. If you ever get the chance to step on to the field against a really competitive team (I know there are a few of those across the state), let me know what that feels like.

I love watching football. I follow my school to every home and away game - preseasons scrimmages, regular season, and post season play off games. It's an awesome game to watch. One reason I love watching so much is because I can no longer play. It is a physically tougher game than soccer. Not to say soccer isn't tough, football is just tougher. I still play soccer and love it just as much. Something about the game that I just can't place, but it is really a great game. As much as I enjoy both games, I'm going to have to agree with what a handful of people posted earlier, football is the game to watch, soccer is the game to play.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as level of intensity- maybe you aren't playing with/against the right teams. If you ever get the chance to step on to the field against a really competitive team (I know there are a few of those across the state), let me know what that feels like.

I love watching football. I follow my school to every home and away game - preseasons scrimmages, regular season, and post season play off games. It's an awesome game to watch. One reason I love watching so much is because I can no longer play. It is a physically tougher game than soccer. Not to say soccer isn't tough, football is just tougher. I still play soccer and love it just as much. Something about the game that I just can't place, but it is really a great game. As much as I enjoy both games, I'm going to have to agree with what a handful of people posted earlier, football is the game to watch, soccer is the game to play.

tonkau Posted Today, 05:37 PM

I have to agree, soccer is extremly fun to play. And unfortuantly for soccer, it doesn't have the following(at least around here, at a high school level) that football does. But on another note, I just can't believe that soccer is tougher, because in soccer you don't have to worry about someone coming across the middle and knocking your lights out. In football, thats how you stop the offense.

I play both football and soccer and I love them both. I love football for the simple fact that i get to hit people real hard and that gives me a weird high. And i love soccer because hardly nothing is scripted, you have to think about alot of stuff all at once and there are an innumerable amount of decisions that you can make.

825607676[/snapback]

I agree with you man!

lets get one thing straight right now. you should not post on this board unless you have played both sports at at least the high school level.

soccer is more fun to play.

football is far more intinse.

both recquire alot of good team work.

it is really a matter of personal taste. whichever of the qualities you like more will be the sport you like more.

Most people like football better because you can hit someone. But the same is true about soccer. Ok maybe not exactly the same, but I've knocked plenty of people down without a foul being called. You can have lots of clean hits during a soccer game.

(I had to get my .02 in)

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I don't believe soccer is a sport. I believe that soccer is a PASSION! Soccer is a part of my culture, it is a part of my life. Soccer is a game played in most of the world, heck it might be played in every continent and country, well maybe not Antarctica or Greenland, but you never know. Many of our ancestors, not just mine yours too. played games that were similar to soccer. Football shouldn't even be called football, you only use your foot for one occation, a punt. They should call it EGGBALL. B) Soccer is the real FOOTBALL, it is extremely hard to dominate somethig with your feet, especially when it is a circle that can roll away easily and you have to do it quickly. I admit that football is not easy but American Football players do not have the right to say that soccer is a "sissy" sport or whatever they say it is that implies that it is a "weak" sport. Soccer is Tough.

Tough adj. tough·er, tough·est - 1.Able to withstand great strain without tearing or breaking; strong and resilient 2.Aggressive; pugnacious. Inclined to violent or disruptive behavior; rowdy or rough 3.Demanding or troubling 4.Strong-minded

See also Soccer Player

Brasileiro

Edited by Brasileiro

Soccer is a much better sport than American Football. Yeah, you take the hits and yeah you get to hit, but with pads and helmets on? I havent seen any football players get killed in a game or maybe I've missed them, but I've seen some soccer players get killed in national tv due to collisions or heart attacks etc. Now that shows what it takes to play a tough sport. The only protection a soccer player gets are shinguards. Its the "Beautiful" game