Sullivan Central State Bound!

1cougarfan

For the first time in 21 years, the Cougars are headed back to the boro!! It was back in 1984 I witnessed my first state tournment. Since then I've seen 19 others without the Cougars, so you think I'm going to miss this one.... Not a Chance! Congratulations guys, great job. Go Cougars! thumb

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a current senior at central and I'm so proud to see these guys go to state. They have poured their heart and soul into this, not relinquishing an opportunity to go to the 'boro. I can't wait to get down their and show my school spirit man!!!!

WERE GOING TO STATE!!!!!!!!!!!! thumb

THE LOVEFEST CONTINUES!!!!!!!

I'm so proud of this team. They have earned everything they have gotten this year. Down towards the end of this game Alcoa made it very tight and even had an opportunity to win. It all came down to the cougars wanting it more. Great job guys, your fans are proud of you. enjoy every minute of state, play your butts off. good job and good luck. GO COUGARS!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOSH!! What a game!!! I def. do not have a voice anymore!! I am soo proud of the cougars... they have worked hard for this and now they're on their way to STATE!!!!

That was one heck of a game, Gabe's half-court shot was unbelivable, everyone played really really well. Phil Weatherford played a GREAT ball game. The seniors did as well,

I can't wait to make the trip to Murfreseboro to watch my boys play. Congrats boys!!!!! thumb thumb

GO COUGARS!!!!!!!!! #1!!!!!!!

Greatest Central game I have ever been too! There was no way Central was coming out of that place without a win. It was a total team effort and these guys played harder and wanted it more than any Central team I have seen. Eric Leonard was unstoppable. He dominated the inside and make big buckets every time we needed them. Jeff Beverly done what he has done all year and that is score tough baskets. Dave Sanchez provided the leadership as usual that keeps this team rolling. Phil, Gabe, Lane and Hess also had outstanding game, either scoring or playing defense.

So who all is going to the Boro?

I am so happy for all the members of the Central team tonight. They pushed through everything and never once lost the tempo of their game. They didn't change what kind of a team they were, and they outran, outhustled and flat out played the best game I have ever witnessed for this team. The highlight of my career was winning the District championship last year, but being there tonight made me realize that this was probably the best I have ever felt in any part of my time as a Cougar. Live this time up and enjoy all this while it lasts and make us proud at the state. Just like I said earlier you you can hang with anyone in the state if you play your game, and you l definately did that tonight. I can't explain how happy I am for you and believe me all the people who never made it there before you are feeling exactly what you all are feeling now. Thanks for this feeling and keep up the hard work and know that everyone in the Cougar community is sooooooooo proud of you all.

I am so happy for all the members of the Central team tonight. They pushed through everything and never once lost the tempo of their game. They didn't change what kind of a team they were, and they outran, outhustled and flat out played the best game I have ever witnessed for this team. The highlight of my career was winning the District championship last year, but being there tonight made me realize that this was probably the best I have ever felt in any part of my time as a Cougar. Live this time up and enjoy all this while it lasts and make us proud at the state. Just like I said earlier you you can hang with anyone in the state if you play your game, and you l definately did that tonight. I can't explain how happy I am for you and believe me all the people who never made it there before you are feeling exactly what you all are feeling now. Thanks for this feeling and keep up the hard work and know that everyone in the Cougar community is sooooooooo proud of you all.

825608427[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly. I have never seen guys from my class get this excited about a game (even when we played). Don't be content with this win though, keep taking it one game at a time and who knows what can happend at the Boro.

My thoughts exactly.  I have never seen guys from my class get this excited about a game (even when we played).  Don't be content with this win though, keep taking it one game at a time and who knows what can happend at the Boro.

825608483[/snapback]

Exactly, we are a very talented team so who knows what can happen... maybe a rematch with Unicoi County?? (I haven't heard if they won or lost yet, but if they won, the only way we could play them again would in the state title game :D ). Anyways, Sullivan Central now has to get ready for whoever won the Bolivar Central vs. Waverly Central game. Central vs. a Central lol. thumb