Wilson Central (28-6) vs Ridgeway (30-4)

WilsonCentral22

This should be a great game to start off the State Tournament. in my honest opinion, i think this is the best matchup of the first round. of course im gonna be biased on my pick, but i think with as good as our defense has been playing, i say WC pulls it out by 3

Wilson Central 55 Ridgeway 52

Wilson Central advances to "Final 4" for second consecutive season

Edited by WilsonCentral22

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ridgeway. Okay, here it is. Teams from middle and east tennesee pretty much play the same kind of ball and when they meet a memphis area team like JNS or Ridgeway, it is a whole different kind of game. It works this way for the memphis area teams as well. They have to recognize a new type of play, most of the time it is a great 3 point shooting team. I think this is what will happen, but in Ridgeway's favor.

Now, don't get me wrong. This does work in the opposite way. Take the 1998 AAA state championship for example. White County put on a clinic for White Station with their three point shooting.

its gonna be tough for anyone to beat Ridgeway until they play NS in the championship game....thats IF nobody pulls an upset. like i said on another thread, Pierre Niles is a BIG, STRONG guy and it will be hard for the middle and east tn teams to stop him cause i doubt they have faced anything like him this year.

825610166[/snapback]

Wilson Central all the way baby!!!! ill be at the game in my camouflauge overalls B) hahahahha GO WILSON CENTRAL

Ridgeway.  Okay, here it is.  Teams from middle and east tennesee pretty much play the same kind of ball and when they meet a memphis area team like JNS or Ridgeway, it is a whole different kind of game.  It works this way for the memphis area teams as well.  They have to recognize a new type of play, most of the time it is a great 3 point shooting team. I think this is what will happen, but in Ridgeway's favor.

Now, don't get me wrong.  This does work in the opposite way.  Take the 1998 AAA state championship for example.  White County put on a clinic for White Station with their three point shooting.

825610149[/snapback]

WCHS is anything but a three point shooting team.

Theyre more of a smash mouth team with excellent defense and an offense that has been struggling as of late but has alot of potential.

Also I think Siegel is more like a smash mouth team too.

Guest The Black Hole
should be best game of the first round of state... but from being from siegel all i have to say is... go wilson central  :blink:

825610847[/snapback]

I second that