Oakland v. Dyersburg

MidTennFootball

We Rutherford County people have to stick together, unlike you Wilson county people

Du'.... You are OUT OF TOUCH! Somebody needs to let you in on what is going on.

Stick together? You need to refer to the 'Oakland Students' thread under 'Boys Basketball'. If this is what you call "sticking together" then all I have to say is.....

......ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha......

Either you or the 20 or so posters under that thread are a joke. All you guys in Murfreesboro do is rip each other. Stick together? Like Ike and Tina, Brad and Jen, J-Lo and..... whoever! Well, hopefully you get my point.

As someone pointed out tonight, Oakland girls had the most wins in the history of the school. It was the biggest game in their history. Yet the gym was filled with Dyersburg fans. It is comical to get on here and listen to you guys talk about "support" and then go watch a state semifinal game, 5 minutes from your home campus, and see such a sparse Oakland crowd one would think Dyersburg is the hometeam! Where were all your Rutherford buddies tonight?

Don't sound like friends to me. Your girls deserved better.

Edited by dawbsitw

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always look forward to sparring with you priceless.

Am I wrong about what I said? Do the Rutherford County schools get along? If you read the thread I mentioned, it would sure lead one to think not.

AND..... there was nothing bitter about my post, just an observation. You guys all want your cake and eat it, too. The ol' Murfreesboro 2-step. An opinion is only good if it agrees with yours.

Edited by dawbsitw

We have 8 schools in Rutherford County, it is hard for all these schools to just drop there rivalries and be "friends" and come together. That is not the way things work around here. That takes away from the whole point of the rivalry. Next time you see the FSU fans and the U OF FLORIDA fans come to gether to support each other in a bowl game, call me.

Well there are well over 1,000 students at each  school in RC . There were about 20 posters on that thread.I really don't think 20 kids are a good reflection of about 10,000 hs students in Rutherford county and whether they get along or not.

I know I saw plenty of Smyrna kids at the game tonight....some Riverdale too.They were all cheering for OHS. I know lots of folks from Wilson Cty and most of the ones I know literally despise MJ. Will they drive 25 minutes to cheer for them tmorrow nite remains to be seen?

BTW...knew you loved me deep down....but I must break it to you.....I am happily married. Sorry.

825615635[/snapback]

Maybe the "coming together" of the R-ford county schools only applies when the BOYS are playing. If you will look at the boys board, you will see several non-Siegel posters practically begging for a Siegel Nation t-shirt, wanting to sit with the "Nation". Pulling together as one for the boys game! I just hope the girls of OHS don't go watch the boys so they don't have to witness the difference in the fan support. Congratulations to OHS girls for an outstanding season. I, for one, wanted to see an OHS/MJ final. I, of course will be cheering for the Lady Bears, you know our cross town rival...and no, I don't despise them. :rolleyes:

GO BEARS!!

Edited by lhsbdbb01

... we did have many fans at the game.......... I do not understand why this is such a big deal to you guys. 

It becomes a big deal because it seems that all the Rutherford Co. people talk about is their "nations". Most don't seem to want to talk about the game. It gets old to get on CoachT and read all about the 'Siegel Nation' and "Uncle Randy's Kids', etc., etc., etc. I find it interesting to be at the game last night and see Dyersburg fans outnumbering the Oakland fans. If what you say is true ,"JUST BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE ON RED AND BLUE AND WERE NOT SCREAMING", then they were just like me........ basketball fans with no real interest in who won the game. I went to watch basketball. I was not a fan of either team. Evidently all those folks you call Oakland fans were not either.

You guys rip other schools about how lousy their student sections were. Then when you are in the biggest game of your life, YOU DON'T SHOW UP! I was there. Dyersburg OUTNUMBERED Oakland. Dyersburg is at least a couple hours drive from Murfreesboro. Oakland is 5 minutes. Now you do the math.

You made your bed......sleep in it.

It becomes a big deal because it seems that all the Rutherford Co. people talk about is their "nations".  Most don't seem to want to talk about the game.  It gets old to get on CoachT and read all about the 'Siegel Nation' and "Uncle Randy's Kids', etc., etc., etc.  I find it interesting to be at the game last night and see Dyersburg fans outnumbering the Oakland fans.  If what you say is true ,"JUST BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE ON RED AND BLUE AND WERE NOT SCREAMING", then they were just like me........ basketball fans with no real interest in who won the game.  I went to watch basketball.  I was not a fan of either team.  Evidently all those folks you call Oakland fans were not either. 

You guys rip other schools about how lousy their student sections were.  Then when you are in the biggest game of your life, YOU DON'T SHOW UP!  I was there.  Dyersburg OUTNUMBERED OaklandDyersburg is at least a couple hours drive from Murfreesboro.  Oakland is 5 minutes.  Now you do the math.

You made your bed......sleep in it.

825615820[/snapback]

okay theres no hiding it....girls basketball isnt as big as boys basketball...I wanted to be there last night but couldnt for certain reasons....I saw pictures of the game and was surprised there werent more oakland students there

I was rooting for Oakland to pull it out so I could go tonight, but it didnt happen that way. I can't speak for Oakland and others but our attendance numbers dont lie at siegel. Come Thursday night and you will see. I dont know anyone in Mboro that didnt want Oakland girls to win it all...now Siegel guys thats completely different...I'm sure there are alot of Oakland fans and some Blackman that dont want us to win.... from what I have heard most of Riverdale is pulling for us. You have your rivalries and for some people that is hard to put aside that rivalry and cheer for "the enemy"

:P Too bad Shelbyville wasnt playing. They know how to support girls hoops. But thats another story! Congrats to the lady pats and their excellent coach. The best basketball program in Rutherford county is at Oakland.....but its the Lady Patriots. Coach Grandstaff has been to the state tournament more times in the last 7/8 years than any other program in that county boys or girls. Plus they compete in the toughest AAA region/Sectional in Tennessee. Way to go !!!!! Too bad the school/community dont recognize good basketball.

okay theres no hiding it....girls basketball isnt as big as boys basketball...I wanted to be there last night but couldnt for certain reasons....I saw pictures of the game and was surprised there werent more oakland students there 

I was rooting for Oakland to pull it out so I could go tonight, but it didnt happen that way.  I can't speak for Oakland and others but our attendance numbers dont lie at siegel.  Come Thursday night and you will see.  I dont know anyone in Mboro that didnt want Oakland girls to win it all...now Siegel guys thats completely different...I'm sure there are alot of Oakland fans and some Blackman that dont want us to win.... from what I have heard most of Riverdale is pulling for us.  You have your rivalries and for some people that is hard to put aside that rivalry and cheer for "the enemy"

825615908[/snapback]

Is it just me or does anyone else comprehend the whole rivalry situation. We (Oakland fans) aren't supposed to make a complete revolution and support Siegle. The true reason im not going to hop on the Siegle bandwagon is because i feel that Siegle is still a young team and they are going to pull it off next year anyways. This might sound like a stupid reason but its the truth. Keep the rivalry between Siegle and Oakland alive. Just aslong as it stays in fun. Siegle good luck in the tourney, and i will be their for the tourney b/c i am a true fan of sports. But you can bet that i will not be in white and teal cheering for the stars.

Edited by Primetime07

Is it just me or does anyone else comprehend the whole rivalry situation. We (Oakland fans) aren't supposed to make a complete revolution and support Siegle. The true reason im not going to hop on the Siegle bandwagon is because i feel that Siegle is still a young team and they are going to pull it off next year anyways. This might sound like a stupid reason but its the truth. Keep the rivalry between Siegle and Oakland alive. Just aslong as it stays in fun. Siegle good luck in the tourney, and i will be their for the tourney b/c i am a true fan of sports. But you can bet that i will not be in white and teal cheering for the stars.

Thats exactly why I dont expect tons of Oakland fans to be there supporting us.

and btw...I dont think anyone is in teal and white at our games lol...maybe the black and silver <_<