Grace-Notre Dame

gracekeeper12

Game is today. This is an excellent way tp open up the season for both teams. Even more impressive is that 3 King College signees are playing in this game (Robby Miller, Jon Moss, and David Rowland). That alone should be enough for anyone to want to watch. I stand by my earlier prediction of 2-0 in favor of Notre Dame, but I wouldnt be surpriesed with a 0-0 tie, or even a 1-0 Grace win. NDHS24 brought up a good point, these are two great goalkeepers, but its up to the field players to score and not allow goals. That is where I think notre Dame has the edge. They are stacked at defense, with good players at every position, and are also very deep. Grace has a few standouts, but are weak in certain places. Two relatively even teams (and I use that term loosely). Great day for soccer. Good luck to both teams!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grace's midfield is strong and physical. But they lack the foot skills to possess and work the ball into the offensive third and will simply launch the long ball all day instead. ND, on the other hand, will utilize short passes to posses and tire Grace's midfield resulting in late scores. ND wins 3-1.

Grace's midfield is strong and physical.  But they lack the foot skills to possess and work the ball into the offensive third and will simply launch the long ball all day instead.  ND, on the other hand, will utilize short passes to posses and tire Grace's midfield  resulting in late scores.  ND wins 3-1.

825617751[/snapback]

I don't know who you are but I have to wonder where you got your opinion on Graces midfield. First, David Rowland is very big and strong but he also has very strong foot skills. they also have Evan Hauser, Jake Cuzzort, and Evan Kidwell in the middle all very strong on the ground. Then up top they have Jon Moss who is also skilled on and off the ball. Every one of these players are a match for anyone else in controll. I don't know too much about Notre Dame ,but I would never say Grace's possession game is weak. That said it should be a great game. I go for 2-0 or 2-1 Grace...

Well it's almost Soccer Time peace

Final 2-0 Notre Dame. One goal was a pk.

825618308[/snapback]

HAHA, I told you what happened and before I get a chance to post it on here you do..... Notre Dame had more opportunities. They have a young team, but play pretty well for their age. Grace had problems possessing the ball in the midfield and then getting chances on goal. It was a good game to start the season with. #7 for ND hurt his knee and had to be carried off the field and did not even return to the bench, anyone from ND know if he's alright?

By the way, the Donnie kid that a few of the ND players were talking about does not exist, or was hurt in a way that he could not even support his team from the bench.