Will Local County Schools Play Pope John Paul II?

emitreccossti

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I remember this was basically all about Hendersonville. The answer is that Hendersonville probably won't play them, unless they win state or get close. The reason for this is that Hendersonville is in AAA, not division 2 and that they already play one of the toughest schedules in Tennessee. Hendersonville has the teams they want to play from a thought of improving against the teams they might have to defeat to get to state (as do most teams), such as Franklin, Brentwood, Rossview, Henry county, and Clarksville. As it would stink if they lost to Henry County because they decided to play PJP 2 and not feal out a team they might face in regions.

(Henry County was just an example, don't know how good they will be this year)

HINT: here's why HHS won't schedule JP2, could it be Coach Plummer? He did schedule many teams that are worse than Jp2; for example White house, Gallatin, Beech, Henry Co., Shelbyville central, Cleveland and to kick off the season they play Father Ryan a team very similar to JP2 in DII so your arguement there is wrong, sorry. It's a great mystery why HHS won't schedule a game against a school only 5 miles away. Could it be ole plummer won't schedule the teams from pope because he thinks the players at JP2 should be playing for him?

HINT: here's why HHS won't schedule JP2,  could it be Coach Plummer?  He did schedule many teams that are worse than Jp2; for example White house, Gallatin, Beech, Henry Co., Shelbyville central, Cleveland and to kick off the season they play Father Ryan a team very similar to JP2 in DII so your arguement there is wrong, sorry.  It's a great mystery why HHS won't schedule a game against a school only 5 miles away.  Could it be ole plummer won't schedule the teams from pope because he thinks the players at JP2 should be playing for him?

825617191[/snapback]

Many of those teams you mentioned are in their division, so you have to play them. Henry County, they may see in regions, therefore it is smart to see what they have (same with Rossview and Clarksville/they have been the top three in district 10 lately) and they always play Father Ryan, which means win and they will probably play you. If I remember correctly Ryan went farther than you guys too, and HHS doesn't appear to be lacking in the talented players department either. Their JV team will probably be one of the best in the state, so people are still going to the powerhouse over the up and coming team. Keeping playing and don't worry about not playing Hendersonville, it's only one team.

baidad, y does plummer have good teams year in and year out, not because he's a good coach, he has year in and year out had some of the best players in the state coming out of the old fever soccer program. Plummer simply doesn't play JP2 because he doesn't want to, he doesn't want to lose more players to the local private school. Yes some of those teams are required games but look at the two schedules back to back, Hendersonville's schedule is much easier than JP2's scedule.

From what I remember this was basically all about Hendersonville. The answer is that Hendersonville probably won't play them, unless they win state or get close. The reason for this is that Hendersonville is in AAA, not division 2 and that they already play one of the toughest schedules in Tennessee. Hendersonville has the teams they want to play from a thought of improving against the teams they might have to defeat to get to state (as do most teams), such as Franklin, Brentwood, Rossview, Henry county, and Clarksville. As it would stink if they lost to Henry County because they decided to play PJP 2 and not feal out a team they might face in regions.

(Henry County was just an example, don't know how good they will be this year)

Franklin 1-JP2 1

jp2 had two shots come off the bar

heard a rumor...hendersonvilles coach was upset when so many competitive players (manny's team) went to jp2.  he wont play them because he doesnt want to lose.....and he would.

825625765[/snapback]

Couldn't be more wrong. The three strongest players from TNFC (the old Fever team) went to HHS, including a national team player. Plummer isn't petty like that anyway. Think about it, why would HHS play Pope, makes no sense. It's kinda like playing a girl's team, no upside potential. If you win your supposed to, if it's close then Pope on their way up. I think it's reasonable to assume HHS is a 2 or 3 goal winner in head to head with oPope.

heard a rumor...hendersonvilles coach was upset when so many competitive players (manny's team) went to jp2.  he wont play them because he doesnt want to lose.....and he would.

825625765[/snapback]

Not a fair comment either, some HHS player could come on here and say a player went to Pope becuase the competition was too stiff at HHS. That would not be fair, would it?? But HHS does have Daniel Kelly, Michael Bolt, Jordan Moore, TJ Brown, Sutton Cash. Not many HS have players of that stature, all but one will be at regionals in Dallas becuase they won their Premier League.