BIANCA THOMAS

junction0909

i could list many more of brandi browns accomplishments but i will only do one.when brandi was out injured smith county beat york by 20 points.with brandi playing york beat smith county by 20 points.brandi is without a doubt the best all around player in 2a.maybe 3a. :(

825622674[/snapback]

Why has this topic become a Thomas vs. Brown issue? Brown is obviously a very talented player, and must be a friend. Both are gems and valuable assets to their respective teams. Congratulations on the fine season York had, and to Brandi Brown for being a finalist (and Latoya Bellomy from Westview). With all of Tennessee's talent, to be a finalist is in itself an honor.

For Thomas, accepting the Miss Basketball Award & Tournament MVP in uniform, right after your team wins a Gold Ball is something every high school player DREAMS of! Congratulations. Please don't discount Bianca's accomplishments.

Good luck to both of these young ladies. You can catch them in action this spring playing for the 16u Nike Team. :)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must have seen a different team than i have.  i know for a fact kate mcmahon dont play on the same team as lawson.  And unless the pickel girl has changed teams since last summer she dont play with them either.

825623866[/snapback]

Update your info... check out www.showtimebball.com

Looks like a dream team!

I agree that the voting process should be changed but i disagree with everyones pick on who should have won....no matter who the best player is in the tournament if your team doesnt win you wasnt good enough and that means you wasnt the most VALUABLE player....therefore, just like in every pro sport, the MVP should come from the winning team, except for the rare occasions when someone averages 40 a game throughout the tournament. Ashley Hayes is a great player but her team didnt even get to the championship game so i definitely dont feel she deserved it...Bianca Thomas is hands down the best player in our district but her team fell short in the championship game...it should have went to someone for Bolivar since they won the district title. and like someone else said Brandon Evans won the MVP on the boys side and his team didnt make it to the championship game either and he definitely isnt better than Willie Kemp. whoever votes for this needs to remember they are voting for the most VALUABLE player not who scored the most points in the tournament.

825619108[/snapback]

this is really silly.basketball is a team sport not a boxing match.you can put the best player on a poor team they will lose more than they win.but give the good player skilled teammates they look much better.but to say a player is the best around because her team wins is wrong.

District and Regional toury MVP is there to give the person who has stepped up in the post season games some recogntion. It should have absolutely nothing to do with the regular season. That is why they have a different award for regular season MVP. That being said, if they are going to give these awards, they should put more effort in overall stats. It shouldn't be who had the most points. I have seen someone take 25 shots and hit 10 and have 20 pts. Then someone shoot 10 and have 18 points, and the person with the most points get it. That extra two points doesn't account for the shooting %. I was proud of 7aa this year for giving the toury MVP to Brandi Brown, even though she was on the third place team. Yes usually the winning team deserves the MVP, but in this case it went to someone who really was the MVP and no one could account for her. She was game planned three different ways and no one stopped her.

In another regional tournament, I seen a girl with the fourth best stats on the team get regional MVP. She was no higher than 3rd in any stat except for points, and she was second by only a few points, and 4th or worse in all other stats. Some other girls really picked up their game and played some exceptional bball in all catergories. They did not get rewarded for it. We were pretty suprised. She is a real good player, but others played better at that particular time and deserved the award.

I believe that if you are not going to take who gets the award seriously, do not give one. But don't watch one quarter or tally up points and make the decision. Make your decision by tallying up all stats that help your team win, and give it to the deserving person, regardless of politics. I am not sure that this was a political thing, but just someone who was responsible for the award just watching and giving it to whomever. Very poorly done.

Why has this topic become a Thomas vs. Brown issue? Brown is obviously a very talented player, and must be a friend. Both are gems and valuable assets to their respective teams. Congratulations on the fine season York had, and to Brandi Brown for being a finalist (and Latoya Bellomy from Westview). With all of Tennessee's talent, to be a finalist is in itself an honor.

For Thomas, accepting the Miss Basketball Award & Tournament MVP in uniform, right after your team wins a Gold Ball is something every high school player DREAMS of! Congratulations. Please don't discount Bianca's accomplishments.

Good luck to both of these young ladies. You can catch them in action this spring playing for the 16u Nike Team.  :)

825622841[/snapback]

tried but could'nt let it rest.thanks for aau insight.no i have never spoken to miss brown.ilive in another county but i watch a lot of b-ball.i'm an older fellow.chloe was my basset hound.the must be a friend got to me i'm sorry.

You must have seen a different team than i have.  i know for a fact kate mcmahon dont play on the same team as lawson.  And unless the pickel girl has changed teams since last summer she dont play with them either.

825623866[/snapback]

You really must have a different team. McMahon is playing with NIKE team, Pickle was on this same team last year, and Lawson played on this team last year also. She was to play this year also but is injured now.

So much for facts.

District and Regional toury MVP is there to give the person who has stepped up in the post season games some recogntion.  It should have absolutely nothing to do with the regular season.  That is why they have a different award for regular season MVP.  That being said, if they are going to give these awards, they should put more effort in overall stats.  It shouldn't be who had the most points.  I have seen someone take 25 shots and hit 10 and have 20 pts.  Then someone shoot 10 and have 18 points, and the person with the most points get it.  That extra two points doesn't account for the shooting %.  I was proud of 7aa this year for giving the toury MVP to Brandi Brown, even though she was on the third place team.  Yes usually the winning team deserves the MVP, but in this case it went to someone who really was the MVP and no one could account for her.  She was game planned three different ways and no one stopped her. 

In another regional tournament, I seen a girl with the fourth best stats on the team get regional MVP.  She was no higher than 3rd in any stat except for points, and she was second by only a few points, and 4th or worse in all other stats.  Some other girls really picked up their game and played some exceptional bball in all catergories.  They did not get rewarded for it.  We were pretty suprised.  She is a real good player, but others played better at that particular time and deserved the award.

I believe that if you are not going to take who gets the award seriously, do not give one.  But don't watch one quarter or tally up points and make the decision.  Make your decision by tallying up all stats that help your team win, and give it to the deserving person, regardless of politics.  I am not sure that this was a political thing, but just someone who was responsible for the award just watching and giving it to whomever.  Very poorly done.

825626173[/snapback]

this was very well written and made perfect sense.