BIANCA THOMAS

junction0909

It's MVP of season, not tournament.

825619165[/snapback]

are you positive about that??? im sorry but i dont think thats right....everytime ive ever heard it on the radio they say district tournament mvp. it just doesnt make any sense that Hayes and Evans would get it for the entire season over Thomas and Kemp who are both Mr and Ms. Basketball finalists not to mention the fact that Thomas won hers.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the voting process should be changed but i disagree with everyones pick on who should have won....no matter who the best player is in the tournament if your team doesnt win you wasnt good enough and that means you wasnt the most VALUABLE player....therefore, just like in every pro sport, the MVP should come from the winning team, except for the rare occasions when someone averages 40 a game throughout the tournament. Ashley Hayes is a great player but her team didnt even get to the championship game so i definitely dont feel she deserved it...Bianca Thomas is hands down the best player in our district but her team fell short in the championship game...it should have went to someone for Bolivar since they won the district title. and like someone else said Brandon Evans won the MVP on the boys side and his team didnt make it to the championship game either and he definitely isnt better than Willie Kemp. whoever votes for this needs to remember they are voting for the most VALUABLE player not who scored the most points in the tournament.

825619108[/snapback]

btown - don't let it bend you out of shape - the voting process involves a mixture of politics (sad but true) - honest misunderstanding of true talent - and just plain old not knowing bball (some coaches have never even played the game) . Is it fair - no way, but it makes for interesting talk. Some try science for example "strength to success" ratings, just updated today and Humboldt is still rated behind Lexington - does that make sense when we got spanked by them on our own court? I would agree that Lexington has the strength (the actual players with potential) , but success (don't think so, you got to have a good plan)? Success to me is getting to the state tournament like Humboldt. Evidently what I think is success is not success to others. To score and score big, to win and win big (20 game winning streaks) over weaker teams draws alot of attention, but the magic show eventually hits reality and falls apart. It is a rude awakening when the magic show falls apart in your own house - just ask Gardner.

The old quote "You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time" applies here. btown, they say the "cream always rises to the top" - the best will get there regardless of the false rankings and over blown praises.

are you positive about that??? im sorry but i dont think thats right....everytime ive ever heard it on the radio they say district tournament mvp. it just doesnt make any sense that Hayes and Evans would get it for the entire season over Thomas and Kemp who are both Mr and Ms. Basketball finalists not to mention the fact that Thomas won hers.

825619178[/snapback]

Yes, positive. If they said it on the radio, they were mistaken.

Edited by prov1

Its as easy as this....... Bianca will win Miss Basketball again next year and the District MVP. CASE CLOSED!!! Good luck this summer Bianca in AAU.

825618961[/snapback]

i on't like to be a kiljoy but i have watched both play and if bianca is good enough for ut then brandi brown goes to the boston celtics. :o

Its as easy as this....... Bianca will win Miss Basketball again next year and the District MVP. CASE CLOSED!!! Good luck this summer Bianca in AAU.

825618961[/snapback]

i don't like to be a kiljoy but i have watched both play and if bianca is good enough for ut then brandi brown goes to the boston celtics. :o

You are incorrect sorry.  There has always been a distict tourney mvp and a distrit overall mvp from regular season

825619700[/snapback]

No, I am not incorrect. In District 12AA there is a 12 team All-District with MVP; and 10 All-Tourney with no MVP. Ask your coach.

You are incorrect sorry.  There has always been a distict tourney mvp and a distrit overall mvp from regular season

825619700[/snapback]

No, I am not incorrect. In District 12AA there is a 12 team All-District with MVP; and 10 All-Tourney with no MVP. Ask your coach.

Bianca may not be the best player in some people mind, but i have seen this kid play. She is a awesome player and is very smooth. This is a girl who plays team ball and should shoot it more. i have read the other posts and says that Bianca can not play for Tennessee. That is not a fact Bianca could play anywhere i believe. She may not be a Candance Parker but is a great all around player.

Bianca may not be the best player in some people mind, but i have seen this kid play. She is a awesome player and is very smooth. This is a girl who plays team ball and should shoot it more. i have read the other posts and says that Bianca can not play for Tennessee. That is not a fact Bianca could play anywhere i believe. She may not be a Candance Parker but is a great all around player.

825620897[/snapback]

Yes, Bianca is very talented, and well-deserving of Miss Basketball.

From Chester County Eagle!

Thomas is an awesome player and she had an awesome season, but if Brandi Brown stay healthy next year I think she will be Miss Basketball next year. Just my 2 cents.......

825620791[/snapback]

i could list many more of brandi browns accomplishments but i will only do one.when brandi was out injured smith county beat york by 20 points.with brandi playing york beat smith county by 20 points.brandi is without a doubt the best all around player in 2a.maybe 3a. :D