WHERE DO YOU SEE BASEBALL SCOUTS

Baseball Nutski

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is what I'm trying to find out. My kid is descent and has been playing on a summer team, not a school team. NOW his coach says he has to play with the school team this summer, but they only played, like 3 tournaments last summer. His summer team played around 40-45 games and had kids from different schools, which I think is better. He was 15 last year, but there were some scouts around at some of the tournys, especially in Memphis, and we are from East Tennessee. I'll not get into what team or what school because of causing him problems, but I'm looking for some insights as to how to approach the coach. I"M IN A PICKLE!  Coach wants the school team together but I think that may not be the best for him long term. HELP!!!

825620590[/snapback]

Your coach shouldnt care because you will would be playing some good hard competition. You would prob see more scouts at the travel team then at the high school team, because most of the best players play travel team ball.

I disagree with the statement "if he's good enough they will find him." There are thousands of good ball players who never get seen either because their families can't afford to showcase them, or their coach can't or won't work on his players behave to get them into college. You will have to make the effort to showcase your son as best you can. Find ways to introduce your son to coaches through websites or mail or even e-mail. Just reading your posts tells me you have a bigger problem if his coach insists he play with the High School team during the summer. Depending on what level they (the team) and he (your son) is at, it may be better in the long run for him to play for a high level travel team in the summer. If his High School team only plays 3 tournaments,(and thats about all the time they have before coaches can't have contact with players) A good travel squad plays every weekend. Travel teams usually have fewer but more high quality players. If your son is good, he needs to play up. Summer High School squads are geared more for improving younger players.

Vultor, I personnally didn't count them.  All I know is there were a bunch of guys setting behind home plate and a lot of radar guns.  Tullahoma paper indicated there were 42 there.  See tullahomsports.com...

825621391[/snapback]

It is actually kind of funny when that many (42 - :blink: and that is what the newspaper said) scouts are there to see a pitcher. It's like a bunch of flamingos.....the guns go up....then they drop.....just like a bunch of flamingo heads.

It is actually kind of funny when that many (42 - :lol:  and that is what the newspaper said) scouts are there to see a pitcher. It's like a bunch of flamingos.....the guns go up....then they drop.....just like a bunch of flamingo heads.

825621463[/snapback]

I can see it in my mind. LOL. I'm surprized it wasn't a big distraction. :blink:

Vultor, I personnally didn't count them.  All I know is there were a bunch of guys setting behind home plate and a lot of radar guns.  Tullahoma paper indicated there were 42 there.  See tullahomsports.com...

825621391[/snapback]

Any idea what the top speed was that all those radar guns registered?