LA Wildcats

tiger_balla_23

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the coach that needs to come out there and coach is Richard Melton.

He would be a lottery pick.

:(

825621697[/snapback]

You people make me sick...the man won Coach of the year in the district this year....what else do you want??? Richard Melton is a joke...if he didnt have every athlete in the county transfer to allons he would be nothing...if he was such a good coach then he should have made Matt Reeder into a dominating Machine...but no...All Matt was taught to do since he has always been taller than everyone else is to turn and shoot....a real coach would have made him into somthing more...Danny McCoin is a H*LL of a coach...he worked day in and out with Matt just to get him where he was today...if not for him, Matt would be over in the crowd with the rest of you...

As far as gettin beat by Greenbriar, LA shot 33% from the field, you cant win if that happens...

Here is a list of things Danny McCoin cant do that you people probably expect him to do:

1. Part the Sea

2. Walk on water

3. Fly

4. read minds

here is a list of what he can do:

1. Coach Basketball

2. Coach Football

3. Show compassion for his team

4. Gain and shows respect

5. has his team night in and night out...

there is only so much a coach can do...so people please keep your ignorance to a minimum and not say LA needs a new coach..Thank you thumb

You people make me sick...the man won Coach of the year in the district this year....what else do you want???  Richard Melton is a joke...if he didnt have every athlete in the county transfer to allons he would be nothing...if he was such a good coach then he should have made Matt Reeder into a dominating Machine...but no...All Matt was taught to do since he has always been taller than everyone else is to turn and shoot....a real coach would have made him into somthing more...Danny McCoin is a H*LL of a coach...he worked day in and out with Matt just to get him where he was today...if not for him, Matt would be over in the crowd with the rest of you...

As far as gettin beat by Greenbriar, LA shot 33% from the field, you cant win if that happens...

Here is a list of things Danny McCoin cant do that you people probably expect him to do:

1.  Part the Sea

2. Walk on water

3. Fly

4. read minds

1.  Coach Basketball

2.  Coach Football

3.  Show compassion for his team

4.  Gain and shows respect

5.  has his team night in and night out...

there is only so much a coach can do...so people please keep your ignorance to a minimum and not say LA needs a new coach..Thank you thumb

825622185[/snapback]

Hey I played for coach melton and hes a tramendous coach if i wouldve listened and not get kicked off my eighth grade year I probaly wouldve been a better ball player, and just for the record mccion is a better football coach than he is basketball. thumb

You people make me sick...the man won Coach of the year in the district this year....what else do you want???  Richard Melton is a joke...if he didnt have every athlete in the county transfer to allons he would be nothing...if he was such a good coach then he should have made Matt Reeder into a dominating Machine...but no...All Matt was taught to do since he has always been taller than everyone else is to turn and shoot....a real coach would have made him into somthing more...Danny McCoin is a H*LL of a coach...he worked day in and out with Matt just to get him where he was today...if not for him, Matt would be over in the crowd with the rest of you...

1.  Part the Sea

2. Walk on water

3. Fly

4. read minds

1.  Coach Basketball

2.  Coach Football

3.  Show compassion for his team

4.  Gain and shows respect

5.  has his team night in and night out...

825622185[/snapback]

B) You're right Melton is nothing. :( He has completly turned the Allons program around. 3 Overton County Championships in a row, back to back TNT State Cahmpionships, and back to back James C Haile State Championships. As far as the transfers go. I'm sure Melton recruited them and told them to come to Allons... :( This is the type of thing that only a jealous person would say... I have played for him for 5 years... Awsome Coach!!...So please keep your ignorance to a minimum!! Thanks.. thumb

Guest eaglemgr
mccoin is a better football coach than he is basketball.

He is for sure a better football coach than basketball. Just look at what he done as a football coach compared to what he has done while coaching basketball. Therefore, he needs to stick with coaching football instead of basketball.

This post is not meant to be negative toward Coach McCoin or Coach Melton, but it sounds like someone really touched a nerve with Fat E. Fat E, you made some interesting points and you seem to have ensight/information on this subject.

1. How does Melton get so lucky and why do all the athletes want to go to Allons? 2. How many athletes have transferred to Allons since the Melton has been there?

3. I saw Matt Reeder play when he was in elementary school and our kids couldn't do much with him. Where is Matt today?

Have you been negatively affected by Melton's program at Alons? You have some pretty negative comments about both.

He is for sure a better football coach than basketball.  Just look at what he done as a football coach compared to what he has done while coaching basketball.  Therefore, he needs to stick with coaching football instead of basketball.

825622414[/snapback]

THANK YOU I AM GLAD SOMEONE SEES IT MY WAY. :(

Everyone needs to calm down!! First of all (tiger balla 23) you may be to young to remember but Danny McCoin was not only the best Quaterback to ever come out of this area but he was the best all around ATHLETE. I could compare him to Brian Colson who is a great well rounded ball player in Football,Basketball & Baseball. If you take what you know about Colson & take his ability TIMES 10...That was Danny McCoin!! Do you see the picture? I will give you this, a Great ball player doesn't always make a Good Coach but I think Danny has done a good job.

Now to FatE's comment about Richard Melton. What plant are you on?? Do you honestly think Richard Melton is a "joke"? Have you ever been in LA's gym? Next time you are..... look up & you will see the "joke" Richard Melton setting HIGH on the points record!! Once again this may be your age but if you are even old enough to remember.... Everyone one of those Melton kids were EXCLLENT ball players even the girls. Richard could have all the talent in Overton county on his team but if he wasn't a good Coach they wouldn't win. How many times have you seen a talented team not have the season the should have because the didn't have a good coach ? Lets be honest here... If Richard is a joke & his kids are just talented with or without him, then we should have all kinds of kids going to College it shouldn't matter who the coach is......Right! You boys need to quit having a pi**ing contest & look at the two people you are talking about! I like both of these guys personally & as Coaches but If this is really about Coaching basketball at LA, I think we should have held on to Greg Bibb.

Edited by HOGEYE21