Will Antioch and Cane Ridge ever name new coaches

Metro football is going backwards while other systems outside Metro continue forward. Very few schools in Metro will continue to win. Quality of coaching is a huge difference. Sad is that coaches outside Metro would not even get hired if they wanted to. SMDH

Edited by hardtackle

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its amazing how the fraternity of Metro coaches has an issue with the hires.  Be happy there is a coach now.  Lets quit beating around the bush.  The hire fits the demographics of the school.  A African American male will lead the highest profile sport in the school. If I am not mistaken, is this not the 1st African American head football coach in the history of the school?  What will happen is, there will be an influx of players to play, because they can relate to the coach.  The principal made the hire she wanted, and after seeing and hearing how no one wanted to play because of the coaches.  Hall will do a good job.  Did he fit in at Ezell-Harding. No.  Why, because of who he is. It is not about X's and O's a lot of times, but the support you get.  He will have plenty of support at Antioch, because a lot of the coaches there are African American. You all think you know football so well. Ha 

Its amazing how the fraternity of Metro coaches has an issue with the hires.  Be happy there is a coach now.  Lets quit beating around the bush.  The hire fits the demographics of the school.  A African American male will lead the highest profile sport in the school. If I am not mistaken, is this not the 1st African American head football coach in the history of the school?  What will happen is, there will be an influx of players to play, because they can relate to the coach.  The principal made the hire she wanted, and after seeing and hearing how no one wanted to play because of the coaches.  Hall will do a good job.  Did he fit in at Ezell-Harding. No.  Why, because of who he is. It is not about X's and O's a lot of times, but the support you get.  He will have plenty of support at Antioch, because a lot of the coaches there are African American. You all think you know football so well. Ha 

She hired the coaches you mention that players did not want to play for. If you think this is a good hire then good for you you. If you think players only play for a color of skin you are dead wrong. Many coaches at many schools with many black players ,played and won with white coaches.Are you saying kids only relate to a coach that is his color? What a crock of crap! And by the way it is about a little x and o. He did not win at ezell because he was black and most players white? Wow, talk about someone who thinks he knows football. You don't even know about relationships with coach and player. Players could care less what color of skin the coach has. Ezell hired him because they thought he was a good coach. Maybe they should have asked you about the demographics first.

Edited by hardtackle

I have a problem with the hire because I care about those kids. This has been handled in a way that was not in the best interest of the kids involved. As for the other crap that's what it is. I'm a white guy with some Irish and a whole lot of native American in me. I've got many kids that I still keep in touch with and all used to call me their school daddy. It's about building a relationship of trust, care, respect, responsibility, etc.

Gentlemen!!!!! Congratulations, the good ole' boy system is back in Metro. Hall is friends with Kroger's brother and Woods (who also applied at Antioch) played for Reese at Tennessee State.  Metro is apparently changing period. Both programs will suffer terribly. There is more to football in Metro than just coaching...... You got to be able to do it all!  We have it made in the private schools. We get your best kids. We don't worry about fundraising, facilities, or field maintenance. Its all taken care of by our boosters and outside companys. As far as the whole Black American Male to the White American Male Coach.............  You are all being ridiculous. Woodward left with a winning record and Peden was the OC (The farmers just got tired). CR's HC left with a winning record and apparently got pushed out by administration for a bigger plan yet to be seen. The only thing those kids and the coaches need to relate to is hard work and a winning work etthic, color or background has nothing to do with it.  All the good coaches that are left in Metro will stay put at their schools ( East, Overton, Hillsboro) or move out of county to coach.  Bottom line............. Neither team will see a State Championship within the next 10-20 years.

Inside why do you care? Started in Metro and after 10 yrs found out how corrupt it truly is.  I got tired of doing things the right way alone and went to where all players,parents, and coaches understand the importance of football within the school and each young man that plays the game. You wanna see a program done right. Go see a Blue Tornado play on Friday Night. Honor, Truth, and Duty!