Bearden high

Olddawg1948x

Knoxsportsmom, I beg to differ but there is a lot going on at Bearden that eventually will get out and you will eventually know as well. The fact is a coach really can be fired at anytime for any reason, Blevins or anyone else for that matter so the truth of allegations can actually play very little in a decision. I have no doubt some might see his actions as being demeaning but little 18 year old Johnny at BHS shouldn't have to be taught to be mentally tough etc but his parents go to watch the UT game on Saturday and cheer that Coach Jones is being tough on them to make them men. Practices that exceed time? TSSAA has things to say about that. Too many kids in the car.....yes he should have been disciplined for that. But the most serious one they got wrong....a physical act against a player that never happened....anyone get suspended or disciplined for that?...seems they should have. Most coaches over there now have probably done all those things at some point, other than the direct physical contact. One question that was asked by the Superintendent at the hearing was " why are you playing so many freshmen ?".....which to me speaks greatly of what went down here, along with momma's whose son didn't make the team. Seems we should be spending more time getting superintendents and directors of transportation disciplined and suspended for the job they're doing relative to bus safety. And you should spend a little more time researching the subject that you know so little about. In fact Blevins actually took a job two years ago at another location but when he started telling the players he was leaving, several of them became so emotional he called the school back and told them he changed his mind. Another example of what a terrible person he is to the kids. You really don't have enough knowledge here to comment .

Olddawg...I'm not going to get into a pi**ing contest with you.  I am well aware that TN is a right to work state, meaning anyone can be fired for any reason at any time. But I know what I know. Blevins left his team (with other adults) while on a trip to Birmingham Southern summer camp two years ago to go interview at another school.  Told the boys he was interviewing.  Practices that exceed reasonable time?  Surely you know about Dawg Days the first week of practice.  Practicing the boys from 4pm-10pm for a solid week and making them run till they puke then run some more in a gym that isn't air conditioned does seem a bit excessive to me.  But then again, I'm just a mom, what do I know?  What I DO know is he has had more than one player in the past couple of years come to him complaining of an injury and he has told them to (NOTE I'm using quotes here)  "you need to learn to play through the pain...suck it up and stop being a pu**y."  Two of boys went on to further their injuries resulting in the need for weeks of physical therapy and ultimately ending their options to play.  Did he tell them that they would no longer be on the team?  Nope, he let them believe they still had a spot on his team (understanding that they would have to earn playing time).  On two different occasions, the boys walked into the locker room on team picture day to be told they were no longer on the team in front of all of the other boys.  Why do that? How about when he cut his team captain a few yrs ago for breaking a finger during a game?  He wouldn't let the captain sit on the bench with the rest of the team and made him go up top and film. Why exactly was that necessary?  Why was it necessary he bench his seniors during their last home game a few years ago because they were playing Powell and he didn't want to 'give away' any of their tactics in case they played them in regional tournament?

He was playing so many freshman this season because almost ALL of his sophomores and juniors quit.   He had no depth of bench.  Luckily for him, he had the most talented freshman class in years. Ask any former player what a "noser" is.  Ask any former player about running stairs.  I myself sat outside in the parking lot on multiple occasions for over an hour after practice was supposed to end because he kept them to run.  Want to know what the booster president said at the first parents meeting?  "You're just going to have love your boys through it...it's the only way they'll survive."  Yes, I really do have enough knowledge to comment.