Spring Football Scrimmages

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you ever get any feedback on the Cascade/Creekwood scrimmage and how did they look against Huntland?

I actually called the Cascade/Huntland game on the radio.  Cascade was very impressive!   Dominated both sides of the scrimmage.   They looked really good up front on both sides of the ball.  Ran the ball well and when they threw it, that phase of the game looked pretty good also.  Cascade will compete for region this year if they don't have any drop off.

too bad that the station changed formats

I'm back at The Duck now, Wingman10.   My Friday Main Event show will still feature Coaches from the entire State.   We'll keep the same format we had when I was at the Ticket.  

The biggest change will be the fact that I'll be back in the booth doing color commentary for games again.   We will pick a "game of the week" each week and I'll broadcast my Friday Main Event show on location each week!

It's a big opportunity with a Station that has 3X the coverage area, so I'm excited.   You'll still be able to stream my show via the internet or "Tune In" phone App.   The Duck (93.9 FM) actually has their own phone APP you can find in the ITUNES store or Google Play Store for free.   You can stream directly from the APP.

93.9 The Duck Mobile Phone App

• 2 weeks later...

Summertown won 3 TD's to 2. PC scored on the Eagles 2nd team. Lennox Johnson scored 2 rushing Touchdowns and Chase Mote scored off a pass from Riley Chapman.

Chapman is a pretty good QB and from what I hear Mote is a LB who brings it. Maybe Stown can improve on last year's 2 win 1st ever varsity season.

Do you happen to have a Summertown schedule for 2016? The site has zero of the games for them.