11A Tournament

cullycutter

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 points from the other 3 is pretty good support, you think ? Brooks is the best player on the team and possibly the district but she is not all they have. It doesn't take a genius to make the containing Brooks statement but they have others that can score.

Brooks is the play maker, sit her down and see how the others do without her getting the attention she does. Good luck to PC.

Edited by BasketballIQ

The regular season results mean nothing at this time. I believe if Summertown can withstand the initial storm that Richland may start with because of playing a region game at home and with what I would expect a rowdy home crowd, I think Summertown will come out on top. SHA looked good on Friday night with what looked like a rotation that looked similar to earlier in the season. The Loretto/PC game I still think comes down to how well Loretto defends Brooks. She is an energizer bunny, its amazing how much ground she can cover. I still believe with Lorettos defense and good guard play, they win....Setting up a 4th matchup between SHS/LHS

Edited by BasketballIQ

Brooks is the play maker, sit her down and see how the others do without her getting the attention she does. Good luck to PC.

Very well said.  So many people discount the fact that when you have a dominant player and other teams have to game plan for that player, it leads to easier baskets and shots for other players.  You are right about Brooks and others are right about having additional players that can score, but if Brooks doesn't play, likely the others may struggle.  The team is good because Brooks takes pressure off of other players and the other players can deliver.

Taking nothing away from the other 3 players you mentioned, but your telling me that if Brooks is not playing, those 3 have the same production? No way, then the focus goes to Hinson or one of the others. We will see tomorrow what Lorettos game plan is. Just for arguments sake, maybe Brooks scores zero points and we will see if those other 3 put up 54 like they did against Mt Pleasant.