• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

• Announcements

• CoachT

Report Scores to CoachT.com   08/12/2017

There are several choices for reporting scores to CoachT.com! In-game scores (updates during game) can be added on the Scoreboard by CoachT Plus members only All members can add final scores on our Scoreboard All members can add final scores on our Mobile Scoreboard All members can TEXT the finals to 615-763-9150 All members can leave a voicemail at 1-877-9COACHT (1-877-926-2248). You can also call that number to hear final scores wherever you are.
K2ruth

2017 Early Predictions

K2ruth    2

I agree that Brentwood would be a favorite, and with Logan a big favorite, but, there are some really good teams in their division.

Catholic, on the other hand, has nobody to beat.  CAK and the other privates are gone, Signal Mountain can't beat them, Page moved up to AAA, it's not that Catholic is that good it's just that everyone else is weak.

The difference is Catholic has OC.  I suspect that pretty soon they will adopt the Berean offense of setting  her all way around.

K2ruth    2

I am changing my prediction about Catholic.  I think the two coaches, who are really nice guys, are bowing to the pressure that a couple of mom's are putting on relating to playing time and position.  This is a clear case of a club calling the shots for a high school team.  If you play for K2 then you are in, if you don't then you are out.  Is it odd that a middle school coach with no high school experience gets this job, and he just happened to be the K2 club coach of a couple of players who now get highlighted?  It's not too late for them to turn around the ship, but this has to be the school's team, not the club's team.  Don't punish the girls who don't play for K2.

clifford20    3

So you are saying that a coach is willingly playing less talented athletes just because of the club they play for?  So skill and being coachable isn't considered-just club?    I've been around coaching for 20 years and I can honestly say I've never seen a coach play a less talented kid without reason.    I love those parents who blame "politics" on playing time.  

K2ruth    2

I'm saying that both coaches have daughters who play, both coaches are high up in he K2 food chain, and both coaches are ONLY coaching because a couple of K2 parents ran the previous coach who was fantastic off, during the middle of the season.  They let him finish and they had a top 4 finish in the State.  These coaches are nice and kind men.  Do not get me wrong, but to say there is no politics going on is crazy.  Can you honestly say the best players are playing in the best positions, or getting the most sets?

K2ruth    2

Respectfully, Clifford, being "around" coaching and actually coaching a school, as opposed to a club is different.  In club you pay and everybody gets to play.  In high school, everyone should be on the same playing field, and just because you don't play club, or play for a certain club, should have zero effect on your playing time.

clifford20    3

It is def different, I have coached both.  But you aren't answering my question.   I also agree that playing for a club, or playing club at all should have no affect on play time.  It is rare for a kid that does not play club can compete against a kid that does play club.   But what you are saying is that the coach there is intentionally not playing certain kids, who are more talented, just because they play for K2.   I have never one time met a coach that refused to play more talented kids for good reason....coaches want to win.  Not saying it hasn't happened, I am sure that it has.    Part of my push back is because some of the ridiculous posts I have read of yours in the past.  If this is actually happening--and I sincerely hope that it isn't, I can't imagine that coach being around very long. 

• Like 1