Cannon Changes

madmolly

I am sure if they really tried to find a talented coach it could happen.  Going to have to offer some money and assistant slots to to be competitive or the best you can hope for is 2-3 wins per year.  

I know a successful coach that was there would return if offered a competitive deal.  

5 hours ago, WingTguy said:

I am sure if they really tried to find a talented coach it could happen.  Going to have to offer some money and assistant slots to to be competitive or the best you can hope for is 2-3 wins per year.  

I know a successful coach that was there would return if offered a competitive deal.  

I bet you do. LMBO

I don't  a middle school will solve the world's problems the way you think they would Molly.  It would be much more cost effective to put together a county wide football team, like the jr. Lions, and support them.  Unless you have solid coaches at a Middle School then it just becomes another stepping stone. 

1 hour ago, WingTguy said:

I don't  a middle school will solve the world's problems the way you think they would Molly.  It would be much more cost effective to put together a county wide football team, like the jr. Lions, and support them.  Unless you have solid coaches at a Middle School then it just becomes another stepping stone. 

Nothing by itself solves all the problems but a single Middle School campus with three coaches one for offense one for defense and one for special teams  and pay them enough to keep them around for 5-8 years and have some good high schools coaches would be a start. This other stuff has not worked in a long time. Remember that right down the road in Rutherford County every boy that wants to play has only had that chance for the last 8 years because only in thelast 8 years has each area of the county had their own 6-8 grades in a middle school and it seems to have made Rutherford even better in football and also in so many other areas. 

3 minutes ago, madmolly said:

Hey WingT would you agree that you usually get what you pay for and you gets caught in the middle the kids playing they deserve better. wish that things could get better. if enough people really cared maybe it would.

Yes and no.  Sometimes you get a hungry up and coming coach, or a coach who has already been around and just wants to make a difference.  A successful coach gives up a huge part of their time to make a team better and they have to face everything the world throws at them just like everyone else, but the difference is that they are evaluated each Friday night for everyone to see.  That is fine until you start looking at their paycheck and realize that their paycheck is dismal compared to those who are working with less qualifications and never have to share what they scored on their last evaluation.  

You are so right, you get what you pay for, but their has to be some want to by the community and the coach to make it better.  

Work with what you have.

Form a committee (coaches, parents, administration) to interview the top 3 to 4 applicants who are selected by the AD and Principal.  If the AD has no say in the process, then the AD is a not a true leadership position.  Hire someone who is hungry and wants to make a statement.  Don't just pick someone who makes a lot of empty promises, but uses words like "hard work, commitment, dedication, will to learn."  

What Woodbury needs is a coach that can run a weight room, coach his butt off, and command the respect of his players.  You will start to win games with that attitude, but it takes years to build a whole team on those principals.