Ensworth

ocac

4 hours ago, ironman55 said:

Will the new coach be paid the same $600,000 per year Bowers was paid?  If not why not?

Bowers wasn't paid $600,000 to coach football. He was paid over $200,000. It's online. 

BTW Bowers is one of the best coaches ever in TN so why would the new coach be paid the same unless he had similar qualifications? 

Edited by Playerscoach

Best coach ever?!?! Come on now...... In a controlled environment of being able to recruit and play a smaller pool of teams, he might be one of the top coaches.  But all I see is a school that nobody should compete with, in ANY sport, become completely irrelevant in all.  He also won with a specific player (Elder).  There are many public and private coaches that come to the forefront when discussing the GOAT.....he was no longer in that conversation as a current head coach.  They must rip the band-aid off at some point and start fresh with a new look athletics department.  Until that happens all the other schools and teams are happy.  If they hire someone other than the name Bowers that goes and gets things done with a new approach, that's when folks will start feeling a little uncomfortable and the E will be back on top. 

5 hours ago, warehouse said:

Best coach ever?!?! Come on now...... In a controlled environment of being able to recruit and play a smaller pool of teams, he might be one of the top coaches.  But all I see is a school that nobody should compete with, in ANY sport, become completely irrelevant in all.  He also won with a specific player (Elder).  There are many public and private coaches that come to the forefront when discussing the GOAT.....he was no longer in that conversation as a current head coach.  They must rip the band-aid off at some point and start fresh with a new look athletics department.  Until that happens all the other schools and teams are happy.  If they hire someone other than the name Bowers that goes and gets things done with a new approach, that's when folks will start feeling a little uncomfortable and the E will be back on top. 

So Elder was able to beat Derrick Barnett and Jalen Ramsey by himself? Ingle Martin was a one man show too? On top of that all the schools competing against his teams had similar players and programs. 

If you don't mind just answer my first question then I'll respond to your initial post. Thank you.

4 hours ago, warehouse said:

Back to the point as was trying to make in earlier post......$599K for AD, Boys Basketball, and Football.  All which have not been relevant in a while and what about the other sports at the school?  Are they doing well?  

Man you are reaching a bit here. I addressed your Corn Elder comments and you've yet to answer. Why? Lol

Wasn't here to answer your question.  I just made a point about the ridiculous salary and the return on investment (as far as success is measured).  To answer your question, if I was in charge of the money there it would be difficult to pay that amount off the bat.  However, I sure would have some performance steps in there to get him to that level if he revives the program, restores and maintains prominence.  There are too many moving pieces to this equation that none of us is privy to.....unless you are on the inside.  We do not know budget figures, contributions, what boosters are willing to pony up, etc.... So it really does not matter what the common folk thinks.  But it is fun to speculate and act like pundits.  Isn't it? 

Edited by warehouse