Seth Skogen

hoopsnpigskin1587

no, he went there, and didn't quit after the first year, actually he didn't technically play for air force, he played in their prep school or wahtever to not lose a year of eligibility and then went on to play for the richmond spiders i do believe

825647606[/snapback]

Thanks I was Just wondering

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why LoveIt is getting so upset for, all Grace Golden Eagles is doing is giving all good straight forward answer in saying that he will not go and play for a school the caliber of Alabama. Maybe he could play for a school like Carson Newman or something like that,but good for him if he has some sort of unearthly talent that he can go to places like Alabama. I serioulsy doubt that though considering players with the same type of talent like Will Healy and Matt Peardon could not even go to a d-1 aa school like UTC.

I don't understand why LoveIt is getting so upset for, all Grace Golden Eagles is doing is giving all good straight forward answer in saying that he will not go and play for a school the caliber of Alabama. Maybe he could play for a school like Carson Newman or something like that,but good for him if he has some sort of unearthly talent that he can  go to places like Alabama. I serioulsy doubt that though considering players with the same type of talent like Will Healy and Matt Peardon could not even go to a d-1 aa school like UTC.

825647657[/snapback]

Actually Will did go to a 1aa school...the school in Virginia is 1aa. We have had a couple of kids go 1aa...Will, Davey Smith, Matt Hale (who is a wideout on Will's team).

And Mewballer was correct, Will played for the prep school for the Academy for a year.

I don't understand why LoveIt is getting so upset for, all Grace Golden Eagles is doing is giving all good straight forward answer in saying that he will not go and play for a school the caliber of Alabama. Maybe he could play for a school like Carson Newman or something like that,but good for him if he has some sort of unearthly talent that he can  go to places like Alabama. I serioulsy doubt that though considering players with the same type of talent like Will Healy and Matt Peardon could not even go to a d-1 aa school like UTC.

825647657[/snapback]

Peardon signed w/ Austin Peay and there D-1AA and prob better than UTC.

Peardon signed w/ Austin Peay and there D-1AA and prob better than UTC.

825647909[/snapback]

dont be too quick to judge utc this year, they have a TON of talent on that team..i look for them to go at least 5-5 this year..and mark my words, they WILL make the playoffs next year, but thats beside the point...i guess peardon choosing austin peay was a last minute decision, because i know he was seriously looking and being seriously looked at by carson newman(i've talked to a lot of the coaches, and saw him up here on a visit with payne and akin) but i guess when CN signed the rb from DCA(dont know why, peardon is better) he decided to bolt, is there any truth to this, because a lot of people were talking like he was coming, if he left just because they signed that other running back too then its kinda dumb because he would have to beat out a hundred other rb's here anyway in the eagle's running offense, but oh well, i wish him like at austin peay im sure he will do well, he's a real talent

I appreciate baldcoach's dose of reality but we have to be careful with comparisons. I am not saying that we shouldn't make them, only be careful. For example: Healy broke the city's passing record, Kevin Smithson destroyed the single season passing record as a junior. So will HE play D-I? Peardon broke the scoring record as a RB last year, but Caleb Skogen as a receiver broke the same record but did not surpass Peardon, and he is not playing college football.

Football is different than other sports. Look at this kid from Mercer who played basketball and not football in college. (Wesley Duke) He has had 6 NFL teams at the school testing him and has been guarenteed a free agency in the NFL. Why? Because of his body. Peardon and Healy were great but their size hurt them, whether you like it or not. A kid who has the body and some speed, (he does have to be able to play a bit, I understand that, nonetheless,) gets looks, IF, IF those in his corner know how to market him.

If Seth Skogen gets to 6'5" 235, can run in the 4.6's and stays healthy and those around him have any clue how to hype and promote him, he has a very good chance at playing at a high level. Alabama? Who knows. Those are very big "ifs" but not a one of them is beyond the scope of possibility.

I feel slightly bad defending seth so harshley especially against someone with such little knowledge - so do this for me Grace Golden Eagles next time you see seth go up and say something to his face- I'm sure alot of people would enjoy that... :unsure:

825647334[/snapback]

Why does everyone at Temple seem to need anger management classes?

There is no way for anyone to know what the motives are behind the things that people are saying, so I will not even try.  I do know this and I played college football and had pro try outs...I for one believe in him and if you don't, fine...time will tell.

825641164[/snapback]

Ok, that's all I'm saying. You believe in him having SEC potential, and I don't.

Ok, that's all I'm saying. You believe in him having SEC potential, and I don't.

825648821[/snapback]

Grace Golden Eagles, Let me ask you a question after a comment. Remember, potential is one thing, it only means you haven't done anything yet, so when I say potential, that is all it is, potential, the raw pieces are there, but that is true of many athletes in many sports who don't materialize.

Second, and I mean this sincerely, if Seth played for Cleveland or Soddy Daisy and not Temple, would you be as doubtful? I only ask because your posts over the year seem to indicate that you really have a bias against anything red and white, (Temple). Maybe your just having fun, no problem, or trying to be funny, "anger management classes". I am just wondering if you dislike Seth and for that matter your posts would indicate your not to fond of Caleb either, because of the Temple connection.

Grace Golden Eagles, Let me ask you a question after a comment.  Remember, potential is one thing, it only means you haven't done anything yet, so when I say potential, that is all it is, potential, the raw pieces are there, but that is true of many athletes in many sports who don't materialize. 

Second, and I mean this sincerely, if Seth played for Cleveland or Soddy Daisy and not Temple, would you be as doubtful?  I only ask because your posts over the year seem to indicate that you really have a bias against anything red and white, (Temple).  Maybe your just having fun, no problem, or trying to be funny, "anger management classes".  I am just wondering if you dislike Seth and for that matter your posts would indicate your not to fond of Caleb either, because of the Temple connection.

825649124[/snapback]

True, I would rather be dead than red. The raw pieces are there, but Seth isn't playing competition like Cleveland, Ooltewah, or McCallie. That's why I don't think he has a shot at the SEC. Maybe he would if he played 3, 4, or 5A. I dunno. No, I have nothing personal against Seth Skogen. I barely know the kid, I just guarded him a few times.

I don't really think my anti-Temple bias is playing in this one. I think I'm being the realist. I've said all along that I don't like TTA at all. But, I have shied away from making comments downing Temple's future athletic achievments (I thought they'd win state, Caleb would win Mr. Basketball, and would beat Grace 4 times.)

Let's all remember opinions are like buttholes, everybody's got one and everyone, but you own, stink.

True, I would rather be dead than red. The raw pieces are there, but Seth isn't playing competition like Cleveland, Ooltewah, or McCallie. That's why I don't think he has a shot at the SEC. Maybe he would if he played 3, 4, or 5A. I dunno. No, I have nothing personal against Seth Skogen. I barely know the kid, I just guarded him a few times.

I don't really think my anti-Temple bias is playing in this one. I think I'm being the realist. I've said all along that I don't like TTA at all. But, I have shied away from making comments downing Temple's future athletic achievments (I thought they'd win state, Caleb would win Mr. Basketball, and would beat Grace 4 times.)

Let's all remember opinions are like buttholes, everybody's got one and everyone, but you own, stink.

825649296[/snapback]

I just hope that last quote isn't your life's quote or something....- and actually that is not true b/c someone's opinion is right- and right never stinks...